Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 CHORUS MOCK DRAFT V1: IN HONOR OF THE BLIMP Football • Page 48

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Elf gave my Jags draft an A+ that’s all I wanted lol!

2. Randall Mentzos Feb 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2020)
    Randall Mentzos

Redskins took

Chase Young (EDGE)
    Shane Lemieux (G)
    Devin Duvernay (WR)

Not having a second rounder is tough, but for rounds 1 3 and 4, that is 3 slam dunk picks.

Next pick would’ve been either David Woodward (LB) or Collin Johnson to add a big WR

3. Randall Mentzos

Jaguars:

1 (9) - CeeDee Lamb, WR
    1 (20) - Patrick Queen, LB
    2 (42) - A.J. Terrell, CB
    3 (73) - Raekwon Davis, DT/NT
    4 (106) - Tommy Kraemer, G

-I got rid of Norwell & Foles contracts & only spent a 6th this year and a 4th next year to do it, while getting a 7th back. That’s about $40M per year i saved on players who have too much dead money to just cut / release without trading.

-Drafted a LB, CB, NT and G to fill holes left by Telvin Smith, Jalen Ramsey, Marcell Dareus and Andrew Norwell.

-Got *easily* my favorite weapon in the draft for Minshew as well.

-Davis was a steal. Queen / Terrell were great value as well considering how harsh the drop-off is at those positions.

4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Yeah I really like that Jags draft

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  5. EntryLevelTank

No one really had a terrible draft I think

6. Randall Mentzos

We still certainly need a TE and a FS but you can only do so much in one draft

I didn’t like how the value of those positions fell to me. But Jarrod Wilson is... passable at FS; and I still wanna see if Josh Oliver (receiving TE drafted last year) is any good.

So it’s not horrible to go one more year with those weak spots considering I addressed our more pressing needs. We cannot exit this off-season without an answer at CB2, DT, and LB and I nailed all 3 positions.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

randall did you just fucking call me elf

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I love Knox. I just love Chaisson a lot and want to see him in Tampa tearing shit up under Bruce Arians

9. Randall Mentzos

Yes I did sucka

10. EntryLevelTank

Why do you hate Murray and Ruggs?

11. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

I only mentioned Knox because the Bills can only have one raw TE to coach up so Trautman can't be here. Sideshow Bob's son is that guy and I want to see him stiff arming guys into the core of the Earth for the next decade*.

*as long as he stops dropping 15 balls a season

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I dont hate Murray as much now that people are clued into him not being the best true LB in class. Ruggs I'm just skeptical of. Same reason I was of Clelin Ferrell. If you've got three 1st round guys in one position group, chances are one of them is the weak link. I'm more impressed with Jeudy and Devonta (who stayed this year but still)

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  13. EntryLevelTank

Who do you think the third best receiver is? Jeudy and Lamb were gone. I was considering queen and Murray and Murray sounded like more of what the Raiders don’t have so I went there.

14. EntryLevelTank

...yes that’s what I posted. Now slam me and Jim face me. I’m a sucker for digital pain.

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Laviska and maybe JJ

16. EntryLevelTank

Fair enough. I thought about Laviska but Ruggs screams Raiders to me because he’s just fast fast fast.

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. My panthers draft is the favorite of the few I did.

Simmons, Gallimore, Winfield Jr. could all realistically be starters next year. Saying that is not just a testament to their talent but also to the holes we have on defense. But a defensive line anchored by Short and Gallimore; two versatile LBs in Shaq and Simmons; Burns on the edge; and then Winfield Jr teaming up with Reid, Bradberry, Jackson in the defensive backfield. That’s a pretty good group.

Van Jefferson might be the best route runner in the draft. He’d be able to ease into his role as Jarius Wright still has another year on his deal. Jefferson would eventually take his spot as the third receiver.

Trading for Norwell is taking on quite a big salary but we have cap space and a huge need at LG. Norwell has underwhelmed in Jacksonville but I think coming back to Carolina could revitalize his career. Him and Turner were one of the better OG duos in the league previously and I think they can be that good together again.

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh yeah ruggs is a raiders pick for sure. Same with the eagles.

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

If kinault and shenault were taken I probably would've traded down with what you offered and taken ruggs lol

20. EntryLevelTank

I traded down from 12 because the Raiders don’t have a second and I hated the idea of going from 19-79 with no picks.

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Tu'a Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
    Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
    Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
    Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
    Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

wish I could have nabbed Swift or Dobbins instead of Taylor but they both went right ahead of me

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

When is v2, post-combine?

23. EntryLevelTank

Yeah that works

24. When is the combine?

25. Randall Mentzos

Oh shit I just realized I’m missing two days of combine haha

Will be in NOLA for Mardi Gras!