Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 CHORUS MOCK DRAFT V1: IN HONOR OF THE BLIMP Football • Page 46

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Idk why everyone keeps tagging @CarpetElf like he hasn’t totally relinquished this mock draft to me lol.

Also would like to point out that when @Blimp City Hero ran these, we were patient with his work schedule and would even post the last 5-7 picks or whatever so that he could see them and quickly update. I’ve been logging in as Matt and combing through the whole thread myself, including trades and times when people picked out of turn on accident / took a player already taken.

It’s all jokes and i know “do your job” isn’t a serious comment but I have seen some other people acting salty the thread isn’t updated. I serve tables for a living, it’s 1) exhausting 2) I can’t hop on chorus like y’all can at work. 3) help me out sometimes cause we’ve done that in previous mock drafts. It’s a group effort. Instead of like “I’ll pick when the thread is updated” or “wait idk who is available” when it’s only been 4 picks and you could easily check.

CarpetElf and broken22 like this.
  2. Randall Mentzos

Anyway! Not upset with anyone, just had to give some perspective about why I’m not just on-demand about updating every pick haha

CarpetElf and broken22 like this.
  3. :)

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  4. Randall Mentzos Feb 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2020)
    Randall Mentzos

Hahaha I know it was a joke but I was like “alright this still needs to be said”

Thread updated. Put in all 7 rounds and all trades are up to date as well.

And yes, @ClarettsGreyGoose for Bills and then @JRShoenberger for Steelers. Both will likely pick in the morning.

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Bills select Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland.

I went back and forth between McFarland and another "undersized" RB here and I like them both a lot so this came down to what I think the Bills need more. Devin Singletary showed all the potential of a lead back last season, and I liked what TJ Yeldon showed when he dressed but for some reason he remained inactive for most of the season.

I couldn't tell you how many times Singletary would go into a mass of bodies, say 2 yards downfield, and then just when you thought the play was over, squirt out of the pile and fall forward for another 3 yards. While he's not a traditional short yardage back, those tough runs are encouraging and after all, the Bills DO have a giant QB who is also pretty good at short yardage sneaks.

McFarland adds the one thing to the RB position that the Bills don't have, which was sorely needed in my opinion - home run ability. Many times Singletary broke a nice run outside but he doesn't have that extra gear to take it to the house. Maybe if it's McFarland, there's a few long TDs in 2020.

@JRShoenberger Ravens

6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Ravens select Larrell Murchison, DT, NC State.

Night Channels likes this.
  7. broken22

(:

Does anybody have a list of the best offensive tackles that are available still ?

8. New Orleans Saints select Calvin Throckmorton, OL, Oregon

[​IMG]

Versatile, athletic lineman that played every spot on the line at some point for the Ducks. Has some hype behind him in recent weeks. Seems like good value here.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  9. @CarpetElf you’re up for the underwhelming Texans

10. Randall Mentzos

How the fuck???

My last edits got deleted. WTF

11. Randall Mentzos

Must have not saved the edited picks when I edited a second time to add rounds 6 and 7

This is fucking annoying

12. ClarettsGreyGoose

Less talky, more fixy. (Jk of course I feel your pain I'm always editing my posts because I'm always on mobile and my auto-correct does weirdo things all the time on this site)

@CarpetElf check those DMs

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  13. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Woooof that blows (thanks for being commish)

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  14. Randall Mentzos

Thanks y’all. Got it fixed.

@CarpetElf you still picking for Houston?

15. ClarettsGreyGoose

Trying to move up, if I don't and my guy goes I'm gonna be lost with the Bills and feel real dumb

16. ClarettsGreyGoose

The Bills and Texans have made a trade.

Buffalo gets 121 + 154
    Houston gets 127 + 138 + 188

Buffalo selects Matt Hennessy, C, Temple.

To be honest I was targeting someone else (Robert Hunt) and then saw he had gone and I somehow missed it. Either way interior OL is still a need. Mitch Morse's deal does have an out in a couple of years and with his injury history I would be surprised if it didn't get utilized when the time came.

Hennessy, based on scouting reports, sounds a lot like Morse. Has the mobility and build, with similar struggles when he has to anchor down as he's more of a technician than a bull. In the mean time there's no way he's worse than Spencer Long as a backup at OC, which keeps Jon Feliciano free to play guard even though he filled in at center a few times in 2019

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  17. Minnesota Vikings select Antonio Gibson, RB/WR, Memphis

[​IMG]

One of the most exciting/interesting prospects in the draft. I think he’ll excel in a Ekeler type role but he’s a bit stronger than Ekeler. Either way, he would be a nice compliment to Dalvin Cook. Those two in a split backfield would be a matchup nightmare.

18. Night Channels

Trusted

Hennessy is a steal this late

19. I keep seeing people say they prefer Gibson as a RB....am I crazy to disagree? I think he’s shifty enough to be a pretty good slot receiver who can occasionally lineup in the backup to maybe manipulate the defense a little. His running style doesn’t really correlate to successful NFL RB. I think he has less of a learning curve at WR.

20. Night Channels

Trusted

He’s a matchup nightmare in the slot because of his size.

I think he should be used like Deebo. Get him the ball however you can.

CarpetElf and Swoos like this.
  21. CarpetElf Feb 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 12, 2020)
    CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Seahawks select Antoine Brooks, S, Maryland

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There's another Antoine Winfield??

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Night Channels

Trusted

Antoine Brooks Jr*

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  24. Randall Mentzos

@JRShoenberger Ravens and then Steelers right after

Group pick for GB after those picks

Y’all, plz tag the person after you. Part of why this is going so slow. Especially if they are a 9 to 5er that could be the difference between a quick pick and waiting all night