Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 CHORUS MOCK DRAFT V1: BLIMP RAN SO WE COULD WALK Football • Page 39

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Jan 26, 2021.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Broncos draft:

9. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
    40. Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
    71. Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State
    111. Hamilcar Rashed Jr, EDGE, Oregon St

After focusing so much capital on the offensive side of the ball in the past couple years, I love the idea of replenishing the defense with most of the big picks. The one exception I'd make is if a QB falls to 9 for them, but this mock didn't fall that way and I wouldn't force it to trade up for a QB. For a team with CB as a need, I like the idea of striking early there with ah solid top 2 at the position and then a pretty big dropoff before the second tier. Early in the second round feels like the sweet spot for OT so you can get some of the back end of a deep class and Eichenberg is a good get there, and Togiai and Rashed add nice depth on the DL. I really like this draft.

Colts draft:

21. Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
    54. Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
    85. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
    124. Semi Fehoko, WR, Stanford

I like the value with the Day 1 and Day 2 picks, but I hope free agency alleviates some of these needs and they can trade up for a QB or let the draft come to them and get a solution through the draft. Specifically, this is a great EDGE free agency class, and they have Justin Houston and Denico Autry coming off the books and it'd be great if they can find a long-term solution there without having to use the 1 there. If they don't do that or get an old again, Paye feels like a solid high-upside choice. I don't love Jenkins specifically, but as a late 2, he seems like someone who could be a day 1 adequate starter at tackle. Stokes in the third feels like crazy good value, and I'm excited to look more into Fehoko because his measurables are incredibly impressive.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Trent Williams getting thrown $20M+/year to come down to Jacksonville seems like a perfect fit.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  3. dorfmac

Trusted

Ravens Draft:

Traded for Julio Jones
    35. Baltimore Ravens (via ATL) - Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
    58. Baltimore Ravens - Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    128. Baltimore Ravens - Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke

Last year we got knocked out of the playoffs by Derrick Henry. We reloaded our DL and stopped him and the Titans this year. Unfortunately, the Bills crushed us by dominating our OL and our offense not being able to make simple plays to move the chains. Enter a completely revamped OL that has the potential to be the best in football and one of the best receivers in the game. No reason the Ravens can't remain the best rushing offense and see a legitimate improvement in the passing game.

QB - Lamar
    RB - Dobbins, Edwards, Hill
    WR - Jones, Brown, Boykin
    TE - Andrews, Boyle
    OL - Stanley, Bozeman, Dickerson, Leatherwood, Brown

Even with a late pass rush pick, that area will remain a big hole coming out of the draft. Looks like another season of taking on an older cap casualty to try and bring some pressure. Jaylon Ferguson is our only pass rusher under contract, and while Dimukeje brings a body, we undoubtedly need more. McPhee should be easy to bring back and will play solid for 3/4 of a season, but other names to watch could be: Everson Griffen, Aldon Smith, Justin Houston, Ryan Kerrigan, Olivier Vernon, Markus Golden, Dion Jordan, Alex Okafor. Really, any older dude who is past his prime but likely still productive is a possibility.

The Ravens window is really only open for another season or two. After that, Lamar will be making big dollars, along with any of Andrews/Brown/Peters that need big extensions.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Rate my drafts cowards lol

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

No long snapper, eff

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Could also see him with you guys. Orlando Brown is an option, depending on the price.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I doubt the ravens trade him before they think stanley is fully healthy, probably too risky

9. If I were to rank my drafts I’d probably go

Dallas B+
    Carolina B
    Tennessee B-
    Seattle C+

10. Draft letter grades < anything else

11. EntryLevelTank

Lol I’ve had such an insanely stupid and dramatic and dumb week/weekend and just couldn’t do the research.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. EntryLevelTank

I’ll be better for the next mock.

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Ballard doesn’t do long, big FA contracts. Unless he agrees to do 1-2 years and the market dries up for him, I don’t see the Colts being his landing spot.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

A+ - Jaguars, Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers
    A - Jets, Lions, Titans, Vikings, Chargers, Rams
    A- - Bengals, Chiefs, Bears, Seahawks, Cardinals
    B+ - Texans, Packers, Cowboys, Giants*
    B - Saints, Falcons, Eagles, Broncos, Bills
    B- - Panthers, Ravens
    C+ Colts, Browns
    C - Washington*, 49ers
    C- New England
    D+ - Tampa Bay
    D
    D-

*docked because I missed them drafting players not in the draft

15. EntryLevelTank

Okay I’ll take 2 A’s and a C lol

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Moses is a homerun pick. After that I think the best pick was the one I made lol. Not too big of a fan of the others. I do like Hunter Long but didn't you guys just draft like two or three TEs? Might be a too many cooks situation haha. But if not, Long I think is gonna be good in NE

17. EntryLevelTank

my thing with long was the Tight End room was a non factor last year so even though we invested there last year, no guarantees it pans out so may as well add another and worst case they all suck it are all great.

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

so #2 around combine time?

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I got an A, wooo

20. EntryLevelTank

Yeah let’s do #2 after the combine. Things will be a little more settled.

jkauf likes this.
  21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Is the combine still at the end of Feb?

22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Damn who’d I get that’s not in the draft? Lol

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

first week of March I believe

whitenblue88 likes this.
  24. dorfmac

Trusted

I take offense. I will never accept a B- for that draft.

25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

it’s ok - he drafted a RB in the first round and gave it an A+. It’s a compliment to get a B- on that scale

PeacefulOrca and dorfmac like this.