Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 CHORUS MOCK DRAFT V1: BLIMP RAN SO WE COULD WALK Football • Page 38

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Vikings are up again lol

Who we thinking?

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I was gonna go with taylor if I waited for my next pick, nice

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Cameron sample? Seems like a zimmer dude, could be the next griffen

4. Not familiar with him tbh but they need a DT so it works

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I would’ve taken Keith Taylor if he kept falling to Cardinals pick

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

the Steelers are next, hubbard?

7. Yeah that’s a good pick for them imo

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Nah lol

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoever the best long snapper is, I guess

11. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Works for me lol

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

This is a dope first mock draft

14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Sample dominated at the Senior bowl

15. Recap of my drafts:

Panthers:
    Justin Fields, QB
    Alijah Vera-Tucker, IOL
    Levi Onwuzurike , IDL
    Deonte Brown, IOL

Outside of Fields, this isn’t an exciting draft to most, but it addresses some huge holes for Carolina. Two interior OL that I think can be year 1 starters would be huge for Fields and the team going forward. Also, Fields at 8 is really a good scenario for us in general. Would love this draft.

Cowboys:
    Stephon Gilmore (trade)
    Rashawn Slater, IOL
    Jay Tufele, IDL
    Talanoa Hufanga, S/LB
    Paris Ford, S
    Keith Taylor, CB

The Cowboys defense completely fell apart last year. I think the biggest reason was their interior DL being absolute shit. They couldn’t stop the run and their fantastic LB duo was left hanging. I’m a huge fan Tufele and I think adding him along with a year under the belt of Neville Gallimore should help the line greatly. The next 3 picks all addressed the secondary and I love the safety duo they landed here. Those guys plus Stephon Gilmore would be massive for that defense.

Oh, and Rashawn Slater plus getting healthy means the OL will be dominating again. Great draft for Dallas.

Titans:
    Gregory Rousseau, EDGE
    Sage Surratt, WR
    Kenneth Gainwell, RB
    Shaka Toney, EDGE

Rousseau has top 10 pick talent so when he fell to mid teens I had to trade up for him. Hopefully he helps the pass rush more than the Clowney experiment. Toney as a later pick is solid value too. I’m also a big fan of Sage Surratt and can see him making a decent impact year one. A fun draft for the Titans.

Seahawks:
    Greg Newsome II, CB
    Trey Sermon, RB

When I started looking at the Seahawks I quickly learned their roster is way more of a mess than I thought haha. They are going to have to get creative to keep a decent team around Russ. I mainly just tried to go with “Seattle guys” and I think I accomplished that. A long armed outside corner and a physical big play RB. Carroll would love these two players.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Patriots select Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Los Angeles Rams select Marlon Williams, WR, UCF

[​IMG]

Still hunting for day one contributors and I think Marlon Williams is the best one left in the draft at this point. Do I trust Kupp to stay healthy? No. Nor do I trust Josh Reynolds to be a consistent threat should that happen. Kupp/Woods/Williams/Reynolds would give Stafford a strong set of receivers that would week in and week out be slept on - at least in the media, idk if players respect Kupp/Woods lol

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Green Bay Packers select Javian Hawkins, RB, Louisville

[​IMG]

Aaron Jones is getting that paper. Jamaal Williams is also a free agent. Dillon + Hawkins gives the Packers a real thunder + lightning situation here and while Hawkins is only 5'9" and surely won't replace Williams fully as one of the best pass blockers in the league, Hawkins is still no slouch as a blocker and will provide a lot of value as RB2 for the Pack.

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

anyone got a pick for the Pats?

20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, jaylon moore

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Can I pick now?

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The chiefs select, demetric felton, rb/wr, ucla

Don’t think I need to describe why this pick is so fun

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Jaguars:

Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
    Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    Trevon Moehrig, FS, TCU
    D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan
    Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
    Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
    Osa Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA
    Olaijah Griffin, CB, USC
    Tarron Jackson, EDGE, Coastal Carolina

We own the most draft picks and second most cap space. We've got a big name coming in to run the team. For once, eyes are gonna be on Jacksonville for more than a quick fifteen minutes of fame. I followed that logic and went aggressive and went big. Obviously I didn't draft someone just because of popularity but getting guys like Najee, Moehrig, Eskridge, Rodgers, and Griffin bring a certain level of hype to the team that's been desperately missing, aside from one year of Jalen Ramsey lol. I cheated a little bit since I own the first pick of the next round and added my guy Tarron Jackson there as well. He's got ability to play on the line as well but I imagine he'll mostly be used as a rotational pass rusher.
    There's nothing left to be said about Trevor Lawrence at this point. He's a franchise QB and we've never had one of those. Najee Harris is a luxury pick that I awarded myself due to the amount of draft picks and cap space we have. Robinson/Harris would instantly one of the best RB duos in the NFL. Eskridge and Rodgers are both slot weapons. Trevon is the best safety in the draft and that's our worst position save for QB. Brevin Jordan is a top three TE in the draft. Osa at worst provides rotational depth on the DL now that we're a 3-4. Olaijah Griffin can compete for CB2.

Projected Depth Chart w/ Free Agency:

QB - Trevor Lawrence
    RB - James Robinson, Najee Harris
    WR - DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, Keelan Cole, Collin Johnson, D'Wayne Eskridge, Amari Rodgers
    TE - Brevin Jordan, Jordan Reed
    OT - Trent Williams, Jawaan Taylor
    IOL - Andrew Norwell, Brandon Linder, AJ Cann

DL - Leonard Williams, Davon Hamilton, Jonathan Hankins, Osa Odighizuwa, Doug Costin
    OLB - Josh Allen, K'Lavon Chaisson, Tarron Jackson, Quincy Williams
    ILB - Myles Jack, Joe Schobert, Joe Giles-Harris, Leon Jacobs

CB - CJ Henderson, Tre Herndon, Sidney Jones, Olaijah Griffin, Chris Claybrooks
    S - Trevon Moehrig, Karl Joseph, Andrew Wingard, Jarrod Wilson

Bengals:

Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
    Brady Christensen, RT, BYU
    Terron Armstead, LT, via New Orleans
    Cameron McGrone, LB, Michigan

PROTECT. BURREAUX.

Burreaux gets his #1 target back. Jonah Williams moves inside to guard, Bobby Hart moves to I don't fucking care, and the line is anchored by one of the best LTs in the league and one of the best pass blockers in this draft.

No need for a depth chart on this one considering I only made four picks and three of them are instant starters

xbrokendownx and Randall Mentzos like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Randall Mentzos likes this.