Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NHL Season* Thread • Page 58

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by cherrywaves, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Kuokkanen does good things every game but good thing he was scratched for a few weeks there

2. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

has it always been nashville’s game plan to throw goonisb hits and flop around at minimal/non existent contact?

johnnyferris and flask like this.
  3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

hahaha the Devils looked AWFUL the first 2 periods and just scored 3 goals in the 3rd to tie the game

4. Staal is a beast

MysteryKnight likes this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

How does Buffalo justify not firing Krueger tonight? This is comical

Richter915 likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

honestly don't know how they lost that game. Flyers have looked like shit this week, and it showed there.

cherrywaves likes this.
  7. From ESPN:

"It is highlighted by: exclusive coverage of the Stanley Cup Final on ABC in four of the seven years of the agreement, with the ability to simulcast/megacast on ESPN+ and additional ESPN networks; the return of live NHL action to ESPN networks with 25 exclusive national regular-season games on ABC or ESPN; 75 national regular-season games per season produced by ESPN that will stream exclusively on both ESPN+ and Hulu; half of the Stanley Cup Playoffs on ABC and ESPN each season; and coverage annually of NHL's Face-off (opening night games), the NHL All-Star Game and Skills Challenge, plus other NHL special events each season.

Additionally, the NHL's out-of-market streaming package, with more than 1,000 games (formerly on NHL.TV), will now be available for fans to stream only as part of an ESPN+ subscription."

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

ESPN NHL theme intensifies

Richter915 likes this.
  9. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

So leaving NBC (or whoever they go with) the other 3 SCF's and late round playoff games over the next 7 years.

10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Damn NHL.TV moving to ESPN+ is dope. Between UFC, NHL and MLS ESPN+ is a great deal.

11. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Good to see panarin back with the team. More importantly good that the assault accusations are like 99% unfounded.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Bring back gary thorne and bill clement.

koryoreo likes this.
  13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

so if I already have an ESPN+ subscription, I have NHL.tv now as part of this? Or is it going to be an add on to ESPN+

14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

15. jciswhatis

I don't think they've announced yet but way I read it was that ESPN+ will have some exclusive games but the NHL.TV will be a separate add on.

It's just that ESPN itself will be the streaming home for it, it will no longer be hosted by the MLBam.

16. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Pens had like two shots in all of the third. Buch gonna have nightmares of jarry with those saves he made.

17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

if I am being honest, I haven't purchased NHL.tv in years and I have been able to stream every game just fine

Bilasport and nhl66.ir are life savers

RobbieBerns and MysteryKnight like this.
  18. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Can we start suspending refs for making bad calls as well cause they only called this a minor penalty in game

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

hey @cryates did you watch the game last night? How did Jeremy Davies look?

20. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

whoa

21. jciswhatis

His contract really isn't that bad... Sharks must be ready to rebuild already... Karlson contract is pretty impressive though.

22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Evander Kane and the San Jose Sharks have informed federal bankruptcy court that they are considering ending Kane’s contract. The seven-year, $49 million pact, signed in 2018, has $29 million remaining, according to creditor filings.

Kane in January filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, listing debts of $26.8 million and assets of $10.2 million. This move is sure to spark ferocious opposition from creditors, several of whom are banks whose loans to Kane are secured by his contract.

Why would Kane consider negating his lucrative contract? The creditor source said it is unclear, but given the emerging vitriol between the parties, Kane may want to deprive creditors of their main source of financial redress. Athlete bankruptcies are not uncommon, but the harsh friction already evident between Kane and the creditors is.

A similar question is, why would the Sharks, who are not a party to the bankruptcy, sign on to this week’s motion? Could the team see this as a way to get out from under a pricey contract as financial losses mount because of the pandemic?

The motion from Kane and the Sharks read, in part: “SJS (the Sharks) was and remains Debtor’s (Kane) employer pursuant to a contract entered into on or about May 18, 2018 (the “Contract”). Whereas, as part of his bankruptcy filing, Debtor filed Schedule G, which lists … contracts and unexpired leases, and Debtor included the Contract on Schedule G; and, The Parties wish to extend the time to assume or reject the Contract.”

In other words, the Sharks and Kane have not ruled out rejecting his contract.

Kane and the team have cited bankruptcy law Code Section 365. That section typically is used in bankruptcies to reject commercial leases, like office space that is no longer needed, said one creditor source. It is not used to reject employment contracts, the source said.

23. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

The few articles I’ve seen is that NHL.TV is being eliminated and this deal is similar to what the MLS did by selling the rights to all out of market games to ESPN. Smart move by both as ESPN gets a lot more content for ESPN+ and NHL doesn’t have to pay to run a separate service and gets paid by ESPN for the rights to all of their games.

24. jciswhatis

The press release on NHL does make it seem like it's just part of the ESPN+ package:
    "Additionally, the NHL's out-of-market streaming package, with more than 1,000 games (formerly on NHL.TV), will now be available for fans to stream only as part of an ESPN+ subscription."

Brent likes this.
  25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I figure the pay and other benefits of the ESPN deal far outweigh what they make off of NHL.TV. Crazy to see how much things are changing with content being bought to build up all of these streaming services.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.