Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NHL Season* Thread • Page 57

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by cherrywaves, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. cherrywaves

Trusted

2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Devils haven't played a good game in literally a month so of course they go up to Boston and shut the Bruins out with Scott Wedgewood in net lol

3. Canes and Panthers developing a rivalry is nice to see

MysteryKnight likes this.
  4. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Hinted at it on hockey news podcast.

5. How are the playoff going to work after the division rounds play out? Is it going to be Central v East and North v West?

This division format is starting to get frustrating. The Central is so stacked at the top. Tampa, Carolina, Florida are all top teams in the league and I feel like we play each other daily.

And then on top of that, the Canes have no real way to gauge how they matchup against a team like Boston right now. They've knocked us out the last two years because we were so much more inexperienced and they just overpower us. It's an interesting matchup because we win with our speed and skill, they are vastly more physical and experienced. I'd really like to play them in the regular season before having to potentially face them in a huge playoff series. But it is what it is.

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I believe its 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 within your division and then whoever the 4 playoff division winners are then get re-seeded 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3

I know this is kind of how they had to do it, but the Devils have 4 or 5 of the top 10 teams in the league in their division lol its kinda crazy

and they have not played Pittsburgh once yet and don't for another 10 days....I know that is because of the Covid shutdown they had, but still

withchappedlips likes this.
  7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

8. Cmoney86

Trusted

Kirby dach has rejoined the hawks for practices and will be with the team on their upcoming road trip

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

MysteryKnight and jciswhatis like this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

So will ESPN be showing NHL games now?

11. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Not now I don't think. The NBC deal expires AFTER this season. So would be starting next season.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I meant "now" in the general sense, because I feel like they already have a busy schedule so I'm curious how they fit in NHL games to their schedule.

13. jciswhatis

Gotcha, I know they already are showing some games on ESPN+ so I would say that will get multiplied as well once the deal kicks in.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  14. jciswhatis

Looks like the NHL rights with MLBam expire after this season too. MLBam controls all the NHL.TV and the app streaming, etc.

So looks like ESPN could make a major play for it since they now fall under DSS (Disney +). They could take an entire league under that to get their subscriber count up even higher than it already is. There is still talk that NBC/ESPN could split the rights as well which is what the NHL really wants.

Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out and how we has fans gets stuck trying to watch our teams.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

holy fuck. laughton looked like he just broke his neck

neo506 likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I Am Mick and neo506 like this.
  17. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Came to post that. No penalty. WTF

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Holy shit

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

How the fuck is he back on the ice

20. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

Trying to watch the Lighting-Red Wings game but the goddamn horn in the arena keeps going off randomly and it's driving me bonkers.

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Devils haven't beaten WAshington since I was in diapers

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Jarry played out of his mind in the last few mins of that game, damn

23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s gotta be a suspension

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

what the fuck is going on with officiating this year?

Richter915 and MysteryKnight like this.
  25. cherrywaves

Trusted

the Wilson hit literally happened less than a week ago lol how are they gonna let this fly

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.