Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 174

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'd like to see Notre Dame in the Big Ten because 1. they fit their style of play more and 2. NW Indiana is not the fucking Atlantic coast

bigmike, FTank and stars143 like this.
  2. Cmoney86

Trusted

They will go back being independent next year. The basketball team has been in the acc for years and Cuz of that the football team has to play acc teams every year.

stars143 likes this.
  3. Cmoney86

Trusted

Louisville is also acc and they aren’t Atlantic coast and the big 10 has teams all over the place now

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yes. Louisville also shouldn't be there

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. Cmoney86

Trusted

They where both in the acc long before the big 10 expanded

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

you know what predates the acc????

america.

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

What dose that have to do with notre dame and the Louisville being in the acc?

8. stars143

Trusted

Next you’re going to tell me Utah isn’t on the Pacific Ocean

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

There's no legitimate alternative for Utah.

GrantCloud likes this.
  10. dorfmac

Trusted

Mountain west!

11. stars143

Trusted

Not that it makes it okay, but apparently all the Notre Dame students were tested during the week running up to the game. Tickets were revoked if they tested positive for COVID-19.

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

swap ND with Maryland for conferences!

(I know there’s a trillion “why is that team in that division /conference?” points to be made but this one stands as mildly more humorous than others to me at the moment)

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. DooDooBird

Trusted

Mizzou in the SEC East is a bit silly. I’d probably move them to the SEC West and Auburn to the East.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. stars143

Trusted

It won’t ever happen, but I’d love the G5 and P5 conferences to align and have a promotion/relegation system with each worst P5 team in a conference swapping with the best G5 in a conference.

CarpetElf and bigmike like this.
  15. stars143

Trusted

Cincinnati leading in the (deeply flawed) Colley Matrix ranking. It’s 2017 all over again.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I feel you, Cincy.

17. DooDooBird

Trusted

Bama ranked #1 at some point in the season for the 13th year in a row.

18. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

This is dumb and ignorant. And the games would air during dumb evangelical hour bullshit

koryoreo, Joe4th, phaynes12 and 3 others like this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Almost half of the world watches soccer

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it is the largest sport in the world and it isn't close lol

21. stars143

Trusted

It’s like 5th in the US...

I can’t wait for Charlotte to get an MLS team.

22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the EPL is insanely popular. Also NBC spends 80 million a year for it so it makes zero sense that they have buried the most popular games on their shitty app especially since there’s not a lot of sports on at the times the EPL airs.

bigmike, Joe4th and phaynes12 like this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

right. they clearly highly value it ... given the amount they paid for it lol

revenue for individual leagues, since they’re separated by country, will never reach the NFL or NBA (though the EPL exceeds the NHL) but if you were pooling the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc.

it wouldn’t be close lol

very american of y’all lol

bigmike, Joe4th and stars143 like this.
  24. stars143

Trusted

Doesn’t ESPN pay something like $65 million per game for Monday Night Football? $80M isn’t much in TV sports deal terms

25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, but comparing MNF to the EPL is really bad comparison. MNF is worth a billion per year and NFL is king when it comes to TV sports rights. Also ESPN and NBC Sports isn’t even a fair comparison.

NBC isn’t even putting the EPL on NBCSN which basically has nothing when the NHL is in off season. I think they air Atlantic 10 basketball and random golf/racing events? The EPL is also on in early morning before most US sporting events start or in the afternoon on weekdays when there’s no competition. It makes zero sense not to air it on one of their networks when NBC literally owns like 10-15 networks.

stars143 likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.