Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 155

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

delusion

GrantCloud and phaynes12 like this.
  2. T.J.

music and baseball.

what makes you think i have optimism.

3. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Trump will be gone so that helps a little.

4. T.J.

music and baseball.

PAC-12 just announced no sports for the fall.

5. DooDooBird

Trusted

Ahhh. Yes. If only the other conferences had smart coaches like Jim Harbaugh and player first guys like Kirk Ferentz and Chip Kelly.

6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I was more talking about the opinion of coaches and the state's those conferences are in when it comes to Covid/playing this year. No reason to get all defensive over facts.

7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

College football is built on exploiting athletes at all levels. Covid didn’t bring in the possibility of exploiting the athletes, they’ve been exploited since tv got into the mix.

phaynes12 likes this.
    phaynes12 likes this.
  9. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I agree (?)

bigmike likes this.
  10. DooDooBird

Trusted

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

So multi-million dollar coaches aren’t getting paid this year right?

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

My b, I was reading your post as in the pre-covid ncaa system was good but that was my bad reading comprehension.

13. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

All good, I was confused haha.

Bottom line is: Fuck the NCAA.

bigmike likes this.
  14. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I know people talk about asterisk titles a lot for other sports and whatnot but if college football goes on with only 2-3 conferences and they still try to have a playoff and a title game that would surely be worthy of the “asterisk title” right?

domotime2 likes this.
  15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

No

16. T.J.

music and baseball.

i hope they cancel the bowl and playoff systems

GrantCloud and uuu like this.
  17. dorfmac

Trusted

definitely no asterisk. if those kids end up playing and taking on all of the risk, i'm not trying to diminish their accomplishments in any way

18. T.J.

music and baseball.

this Nebraska vs the Big Ten debate is so got damn dumb. neither side is right, people...

19. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Nebraska is stupid. Their football teams sucks so who gives a shit. Big 10 should just give them the boot. All conferences should be cancelling so its an awful debate to be had.

dorfmac likes this.
  20. T.J.

music and baseball.

i find it funny people actually thought they wanted out.

21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

definitely an asterik (i'm giving NHL and NBA a pass because they played a legit regular season, the teams in the playoffs are the real best teams, and all we did was get rid of home court/ice, which i've never felt is AS important as football or baseball).

BUT

Saban thinks opt-outs would turn spring into JV

Saban thinks spring football would be like JV....so be it. Sports are a luxury! Sports as entertainment is a product of a functioning society and if the worst thing about a spring season is that it will feel like a "JV year"...so fucking be it.

22. Night Channels

Trusted

For fans, sports are a luxury.

For coaches and players and other team personnel, it most certainly is not a luxury.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  23. domotime2

the players who are ready for the NFL get to skip a season of getting hurt and everyone else can get an extra year of eligibilty if they like.

24. Night Channels

Trusted

Okay, and those players are also skipping a season of development.

What about the assistant coaches and the employees in player personnel departments that are being furloughed or having their stipends frozen?

It is not a luxury for them like it is for you.

I don't think we should have football in the fall (or the spring), but don't call it a luxury because it isn't. People's livelihoods and career aspirations are being wiped away.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  25. domotime2

it's not perfect but it's all you can do in this situation. We've all been effected by this stupid disease and unfortunately collegiate sports isnt immune. Plus, if you're a player who wants an extra season of development you CAN do that. It's your choice to opt into the nfl and not play.

And moving from fall to spring...i can't see the job/financial impact being dramatic enough to warrant putting kids health at risk and furthering the spread of the disease, which a lot of experts are saying could get worse in the fall/winter.

uuu likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.