Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 154

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, anyone who is projected 1st round should sit. Not worth risking anything and the season is going to constantly be up in the air. I don't see what Colorado State is acused of being an isolated incident. Programs are going to bend the rules and its going to lead to lots of outbreaks imo. I'll be shocked if we get a whole season.

bigmike likes this.
  2. Night Channels

Trusted

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I hope he avoids the long term issues that have been developing in covid patients.

4. Night Channels

Trusted

:fire::fire::fire:

bigmike likes this.
  5. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Those are cool but incredibly boring.

6. Smart move for the health of the players and staff but so many small college towns are fucked this fall

bigmike likes this.
  7. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Going to be really shitty when Trump gives the colleges some money and not the small businesses in the area.

8. DooDooBird

Trusted

College towns (big and small) are gonna be fucked regardless. It's not like gameday weekends were gonna be loaded with 100k people this fall. Were spectators even part of the plan for these games?

9. That’s a good point - I doubt it

10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Its funny, within this hour, the college football season just ended + I'm trying to imagine the 2021 season without players being paid

11. NCAA would rather shut down every season before giving in to a CFB players association haha

uuu likes this.
  12. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

NCAA is a lot like FIFA in terms of it's actually a powerless organization that is given a tremendous amount of power for no fucking reason, and they are terrified to lose it and would rather destroy the sport than take less power.

stars143 and bigmike like this.
  13. Cmoney86

Trusted

Big 10 officially cancelled.

there’s not gonna be any college football this year :(

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fully expect the nationwide announcement this week

bigmike and Drew Beringer like this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

bigmike, Night Channels and phaynes12 like this.
  16. DooDooBird

Trusted

I knew it was coming. But damn. This hurts.

Night Channels likes this.
  18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Good.

College football isn't college football without..ya know....college being in session.

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Big 10 donezo for Fall, will try again in Spring

koryoreo likes this.
  20. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Pac 12 will be next. Its going to be super irresponsible if SEC, Big 12 and ACC don't follow, but wouldn't be surprised of they they tried to play considering how ignorant a lot of those coaches/areas are.

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I just don't understand how they can play in the Spring and then play next season starting in the Fall

22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah that's tricky. It would have to be something like mid Feb- end of May and then push back fall to October and run to early February.

23. T.J.

music and baseball.

i want to see my Huskers play, but i'm down to say fuck it all until they unionize the NCAA.

uuu likes this.
  24. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

10000% would rather not have the chance to watch college football than watch a college football system that exploits the players.

koryoreo likes this.
  25. DooDooBird

Trusted

What makes people so optimistic this pandemic will be resolved early 2021?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.