Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NBA Season Thread Basketball • Page 142

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Dec 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Jazz proving they can win against bad teams wow

2. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Cavs fans, what do I expect from KPJ should he get it together?

3. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

4. jols

Trusted Prestigious

yeah the smile quickly fades when you realize shaq hasn't prepared his usual joke and is instead calling you out after a nice game

5. GreatBeardRecs Jan 22, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 22, 2021)
    GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Good move for both teams, this gets him off the Cavs books, Rockets absorb the contract into their trade exception, and Lucas should hopefully help him

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it stinks but shaq is hardly the main offender and it absolutely happens in other sports lol

8. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Shaq has been worse than usual lately with this shit.

9. phaynes12

the whole “i’m going to publicly debase you because i want to hear you defend yourself” bit is very tired though

Drew Beringer likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ESPN literally makes it's bag off of talk shows where people break apart players and tear them down for 'not being great' - so no i don't see any immediate changes in how pre or post game interviews are conducted

if i turned on first take right now i bet i'd see KPs dumb fuckin face saying how badly giannis sucks for losing to the lakers last night

GrantCloud, phaynes12 and uuu like this.
  11. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Shaq's a casual

DrAlanGrant and phaynes12 like this.
  12. phaynes12

christian wood told us, we just have to listen

DrAlanGrant and GreatBeardRecs like this.
  13. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

It's not nearly as bad in other sports. When is the last time you've heard Romo or A-Rod openly criticize star players for on-field performance?

Doris gets it - she is largely positive and it's a big reason why she's enjoyable to listen to

14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

He has a lot of talent as a shot maker. Could easily be a starting SG in this league. Talent wise, he was a top 10 pick in that draft.

But at this point, I don’t think there is any reason to suspect he will get it together enough to be a difference maker. He could barely get on the court at USC because of discipline issues. And that hasn’t changed since he arrived in the nba.

That said, it was a gamble worth taking. If there is anyone who can get through to that kid, it would pay huge dividends. Just don’t get your hopes up.

Blainer93 and GreatBeardRecs like this.
  15. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

I cant recall if JB Bickerstaff and Lucas were ever on the same staff here but I'm guessing that played a role in where the Cavs sent him

He's certainly on the track of losing his career early if he can't get help, hopefully he does for his own sake

16. Quercus

Regular

What's Shaq trying to do? Just stir shit up or is he trying to motivate him in some weird way?

17. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Either way it's dumb lol

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

IF he can get it together, which as many others have pointed out is a BIG IF, I believe he has elite potential. Most in the Cavs organization - as well as all the Cavs beat writers - considered KPJ as THE centerpiece of the franchise going forward. Out of Sexton, Garland, Okoro and KPJ, KPJ was viewed as having the highest potential and chance of being a superstar.

I am very bummed that KPJ and the Cavs had to come to this point, I saw flashes of greatness in his limited time here. Obviously, he has immense character and discipline issues, and I'm guessing out of all the things that were made public, there were plenty more that we never heard about. The Cavs were extremely coy this entire season about him and his whereabouts. I also heard from one media member who used to be involved with the Cavs (lives in LA now and works for The Checkdown now) that there were long stretches of time where the Cavs couldn't even find, or get ahold of KPJ. And that apparently has happened very recently.

Owlex and Blainer93 like this.
  19. Why does Mitchell need a retired player to motivate him?

20. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

He doesn't and that's not what @Quercus said.

It was weird all around and Shaq's a lame guy.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

FIFA gets a lot of shit. Rightfully so, but good god FIBA is possibly a worse organization and people don't shit on it enough.

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

23. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

fuck Shaq. 7 game win streak including wins in MIL and DEN. 36 points 7 rebounds 5 assists from your "third option". fuck outta here clown.

uuu likes this.
  24. phaynes12

a lot of the blame i’ve seen on bud is about rotations and kinda seems to be missing the point that giannis might have more to say about the rotations than the coaching staff. this is a good point.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Blainer93 likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.