Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread Hockey • Page 111

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by cryates, Apr 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EarthShifts

Trusted

Really calling the hand passes tonight.

Jbent likes this.
  2. EarthShifts

Trusted

Bergy!

waking season and Jbent like this.
  3. EarthShifts

Trusted

This all goes to show just how good the Blue Jackets pk was in the 2nd round. Some of those Bruins powerplays were so awful.

gonz (Alex) and waking season like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I hope the Bruins get swept.

dandandan likes this.
  5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Not looking good. Rask is just unstoppable out there. The Canes have been playing pretty well (aside from their awful power plays and bad penalty kills tonight).

I guess I'd rather have them be sweeped than lose in game 7 or something. Easier to handle losing this way, and less stressful

RobbieBerns likes this.
  6. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

If we want to take the next step, we have to get better at special teams. It’s the same thing I had said about our goaltending, even league average is enough. You don’t win anything with special teams performing like this.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  7. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

3 out of 4 here we go Boston forever!

8. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Does everyone hate Boston because of the team or because of Boston fans?

jciswhatis likes this.
  9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I was unaware anyone hated boston. I have only ever experienced positivity towards my fair city.

10. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I've never experienced hate on any level, especially being a Patriots fan and all, love and hugs all around :)

11. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Everyone loves the Bruins!

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  12. EntryLevelTank

For real though: I get hating Marchand, I really do. But the rest of this team is just likeable af. If you don’t like a Bergeron or a Chara I just don’t know what you’re looking for in this sport.

13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I hate the Bruins when they are playing my team (which would be now).

The rest of the time they are fine. Lots of talent on the team to enjoy watching

waking season and EntryLevelDave like this.
  14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

And that'll be the icing on the cake.

15. EntryLevelTank

(I do fully get hating the rest of Boston sports. We’re pretty obnoxious lol. But these Bruins are just like...idk. I love em.)

16. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I definitely lean into it from time to time and yeah I love Marchand but it’s impossible to defend the dumb shit he does lol

Bergeron is class though

waking season likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I just assume that the hate kind of overflowed from the never ending Patriots success. Add in every other major sport also winning at least one championship over the last 15 years and I just roll it all up into jealousy and constantly being good makes people eventually burn out on them and makes them heels.

waking season and Mrplum5089 like this.
  18. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah and Boston fans kinda just embraced being heels which didn’t make them any more likeable lol

Barresi and waking season like this.
  19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m naming my first child Patrice

Barresi, EarthShifts and Jbent like this.
  20. Jbent

Trusted

Bergeron is a man. Haters gon hate so on n so forth

EarthShifts and Mrplum5089 like this.
  21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

While I definitely feel this to be true, I’m also in the camp that people really start to hate things that are successful. Like, if a Hurricanes dynasty starts next year (or let’s say the Browns in football) I still feel like the majority of people wanting them to be good now would be totally against them in 3-4 years if they would win a title or two or always be having great seasons. Just seems to be human nature (outside of fans of the team having success of course)

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I miss Lucic ;(

23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I get that feeling too (look at the warriors in the nba now). Even as a bruins fan and a lukewarm Red Sox fan and patriots hater I’m sick of Boston winning all the time. And the fans really can be the worst

jciswhatis and waking season like this.
  24. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Gg canes

Playoffs this season stink. Literally the most captivating potential story left is Thornton against Boston...you know the team he left like 15 years ago.

25. EntryLevelTank

If anyone is curious....

The last time a city has won three sports’ championships in the same calendar year was Detroit in 1935. That is the closest anyone has gotten to the grand slam.

Edit: Obviously not to say the Bruins are going all the way, but this is the history they’re currently fighting for.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.