Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

See @CarpetElf I am definitely not the only one. He’s good! Maybe underrated because NC State fell off a bit this year.

2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

You heard it here first

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  3. Randall Mentzos

Maybe not a good target for us but if we trade down I’d be all for it

4. Randall Mentzos

Also Greedy Williams falling to pick 15 is fuckin stupid. I’ll take him way before Justin Herbert

Bouye makes like $14 million a season. Williams is fantastic and would be one of very few replacement options available who might turn out to be as good as Bouye. It’s too optimistic to think we can keep Bouye on the books AND pay Jalen Ramsey

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm not saying you're the only one haha. I'm just saying unless he has a great combine I don't see the first round hype in him unless it's like, super late.

he is 1000% percent a terrible target for us in the mid top-10.

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I'm not sure what to make of Gary

I think McShay had him at #2 in his mock

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I hated the Herbert pick until I saw Washington take Will Grier lol.

Herbert has potential and upside. If we have to take a QB, I take Herbert over Grier all day every day (unless that day is Day 2 or 3 of the draft)

8. Randall Mentzos

Ryan Finley in late round 2 / early round 3 is the only scenario I wouldn’t mind drafting a QB. I hate all our other options man.

9. Randall Mentzos

@CarpetElf are any receivers worth top 10 pick to you? For me Harmon’s only real competition is K’Neal Harry. There’s a lot of solid prospects but no one seems like they deserve to be a top 15 pick.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I hate drafting Herbert too but if it's Herbert or Grier give me Herbert. Though I prefer Haskins to both I think.

11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Osweiler is a free agent this offseason y'all should just grab him instead

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This class is so deep with elite front seven talent and deep enough at receiver that anyone taking a receiver in the top ten (maybe even top 15) is absolutely idiotic.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

My number one option is anything that doesn't involve us having a commitment to a QB at the end of 2019.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

He's beaten the Titans as recently as Bortles

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Brock beat the best D in the league this year

DQM

Joe4th, Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

Joe4th likes this.
  17. Randall Mentzos

THIS x1000

No QB is an early first round talent imo. Give me Greedy, Devin, Jonah, or Josh Allen. Or trade down to pick 17-18 to steal Harmon from the Colts and stockpile picks for a QB next year. Bitch asses. :-p Would be fine with trading down for K’Neal too.

I get it, taking one early is stupid but we need a weapon at some point. Maybe we’ll get a bargain in round two.

18. Randall Mentzos

1) defensive weapon - Greedy / Devin / Allen.

Greedy - replace Bouye and save almost $10 mill
    Devin - Telvin Smith and Myles Jack are def limited by size when it comes to tackling big guys & shedding blocks
    Allen - we shipped off Dante Fowler so it is time for more pass rush

Or Jonah Williams so we can have 4 grade B or better linemen

2) whichever good WR slips
    3) Ryan Finley

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Going off that mock - Jonah Williams, Greg Little, Devin White, and Greedy Wiliams would be my pick over Herbert.
    If we trade down to 17 - Rashan Gary, Christian Wilkins, Noah Fant, Zach Allen, Mack Wilson

Receivers are available in later rounds and like, this mock leaves some stupid talent available in the second half of the first round.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Boo and boo. Greedy will replace HAYDEN and we re-structure Bouye.
    Allen would play Jacobs's position

21. Randall Mentzos

I definitely don’t want a TE. Fant is out for me. We had injuries this year but like; we still signed two capable guys. Should see how it shakes out instead of wasting a round 1 pick

22. Randall Mentzos

1) Allen is a pass rusher
    2) look I get it Bouye is from UCF and you love him. Dude makes too much money to be CB2. He should go be CB1 somewhere for that money.
    3) Hayden has been a nice surprise and I love him as our slot CB tbh. Much cheaper to keep than Bouye

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Weird. You were all for Gesicki in the 1st but Fant is better than any tight end from last season. And you also hated the ASJ signing haha

24. Randall Mentzos

I didn’t like Gesicki when I realized he can’t block at all. Not the right fit for us.

I hated the ASJ signing yeah but that money is dead now so we might as well not overinvest in a position like tight end. Especially since we signed Paul too

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

1. You waste a talent like that by just using him like we used Fowler.
    2. Bouye is also an elite talent.
    3. Yeah but Hayden/Greedy is not as good as Bouye/Greedy. That shuts down the field completely because it allows Greedy to play aggressive like he's so good at. By cutting Bouye, you're either sticking Hayden at CB2, which he's bad at, or creating a possible liability with Greedy.