Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Honestly if Finley is really gonna go that late then that’s my guy. By far the best deal of talent for the price. He’s worth a shot if he makes it to the late second round and I’d rather use a day two pick on him, maybe package a third with a fifth, or a fourth next year to move up... than drop funds on Carr or Eli or Flacco.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Randall Mentzos

Everything you need on Yahoo is like one click away. Much easier to look up stats and other information on the waiver wire. I like that they have two decimal points in the scoring for accuracy and I like that they list every stat that contributed to points. I also like the white background and basic Arial font, much more pleasing to read.

Their projections suck, but you’re not a very good FF player if you rely on those to know who to draft and who to start

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah but Carr is better than Finley haha.

4. Randall Mentzos

Marginally. He’s not $20 million dollars better. I hate the way Carr responds to pressure. We’d never beat the Texans or Titans with him

Oakland has had a solid line the whole time he’s been there... and he still freaks out, and will throw like 35 attempts for only 160 yards against a team that blitzes a lot

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Derek Carr is 3-0 against the Titans lol

6. Randall Mentzos

Also, Amari Cooper blowing the fuck up in Dallas with Dak frickin Prescott is NOT a good look for Carr. Really looks like Carr wasn’t taking full advantage of his receivers’ skills. Looks like Cooper was making HIM look better, not the other way around

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Dak Prescott is not a bad QB.

8. Randall Mentzos

I mean. He’s not a very accurate passer nor does he have a refined sense of timing. He’s not a “good” QB

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

His least accurate game since October was 67.7% completion. 0/2 for pulling something out of the hat in this conversation haha

10. Randall Mentzos

Yeah with a much better line than ours. They also still had Khalil Mack who wreaked havoc their last matchup... which was week 1 2017... so you’re not exactly saying anything relevant

11. Randall Mentzos Dec 11, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2018)
    Randall Mentzos

Except completion percentage has a lot more to do with throwing high percentage passes than being accurate. Dak doesn’t throw his receivers open or match the timing that would maximize the routes they run. He also gets softer coverage becuase teams are focused on stopping Zeke and that O line.

He will scramble and check it down to Zeke a lot though. Most of his crazy shit to Cooper has been improvised. The difference is he at least has the balls to use Cooper as a consistent downfield target. Carr doesn’t throw downfield nearly enough.

12. Randall Mentzos

Carr is flimsy under pressure / afraid to get hit, and failed to take advantage of Amari Cooper’s talent most the time. I think those are perfectly valid reasons to not want to pay him $25 million dollars a season. You can cherry pick isolated stats if you want but it doesn’t change the big picture for me.

13. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I hate even predicting this for the draft because free agency will be big for them. Right now, I'd rank it:

1) OT
    2) DT
    3) WR
    4) CB
    5) DE

I only rank WR lower because I think you're more likely to find a WR later than round one. However, with all the money and timing, I'd be glad to go in on FA/trade. I'm not sure of a Khalil Mack price, but I would be happy to give a 1st and some other combination of picks for OBJ. Having the ole LSU combo at WR would be amazing for the offense. Other than that, target Trent Brown in free agency.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The thing about Prescott is Gallup seems like he's open a lot but he's awful at throwing at his left and mostly over or underthrows him.

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Browns are gonna be really fun next year

Also it’s wild that a team that went into the season with 2 #1 receivers, a former 1st rounder, and a mid round WR last year has WR so high up on the list of needs

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. Randall Mentzos

Prescott almost needs the play to fall apart to be effective. He is just not good at playing on script. Nor is he adept at reading the defense. The problem is teams can’t call zone against Zeke cause he slices and dices that shit up all day. So Dak gets a lot of man coverage looks, which make it hard for DB to continually cover while Dak is extending the play.

Things like that can absolutely create higher completion percentage for a relatively inaccurate QB

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Dak > Bortles

18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Said this the other day and I stand by it: Dak is if all the ups and downs of Bortles happened on the same drive instead of alternating games

Dak doesn't have an on game and then an off game, he has a play where he blows everyone's minds and immediately chokes on the next play because of the adrenaline haha

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  19. Randall Mentzos

20. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

At least Gruden's not our coach.

PeacefulOrca and whitenblue88 like this.
  21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  22. Where is Hunter Renfrow projected to go? Seems like most draft guys are down on him because of his athleticism but I feel like he has the skillset to excel in today's league. Put him in the slot and let him find the open spots in the zone. He catches everything and will get you some YAC.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Night Channels

Trusted

People that think Hunter Renfrow isn't athletic need to walk into traffic.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

whitenblue88 likes this.