2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 35

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Randall Mentzos Feb 7, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite Prestigious

I think Josh Allen is a crazy athlete but that he doesn’t look “violent” and that kinda bugs me and makes me think he’s missing some of his potential.

Still the best overall player in this draft based on his college resume, but I think it’s possible other DE outpace him at the pro level early on because they “bring it” more. It’ll be an adjustment for him. Some of the better OT have a serious mean streak, and I think that Bosa, Sweat and Ferrell are all more heavy handed when they punch back.

That said Allen is 260ish pounds and his frame isn’t filled out yet so he could certainly get heavier. But I want to see more anger and passion in addition to his top notch finesse skills.

I don’t think he’ll be like Clowney because Allen does have a great motor / effort. But I just want to see him get more intense in the NFL. If he did that he could be another Jason Taylor.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Night Channels

Etienne for Heisman

Kyler Murray is so overrated as a pro prospect.

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

bro just let me have this

ezmo311 likes this.
  4. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Kyler isn't even dangerous.

5. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

:-O

6. CarpetElf

kill all birds Prestigious

Jerimiah has Josh Jacobs going fifth to Tampa lol

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  7. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

That’s a terrible choice, but also not completely unrealistic tbh

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

He won't get off Jacobs in the top 7 from what I've seen, would be fun

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

PeacefulOrca and CarpetElf like this.
  10. CarpetElf

Baker was the obvious pick haha.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

He really wasn't until about the last 24-48 hours. There was so much talk of all the options with Darnold at 1/Chubb at 4, Barkley at 1/Baker or Allen at 4, trades, etc. I figured it would be Darnold or Baker. I was hesitant on Baker, but I'm glad he really panned out so far. I still think Darnold will still be fine, but he needs more talent around him.

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

My favorite draft info place is the cowboys draft pod, nothing else seems to come close imo

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. Fucking Dustin

Ok cool Supporter

Yeah I 100% thought it would be Darnold. Was surprised but in a fun way when Baker was announced.

Joe4th likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

I dont know. They hired an outspoken GM. They were known to be going for a QB. And that GM has called Baker his guy since his first season at Oklahoma.

15. Fucking Dustin

Ok cool Supporter

So many people have said a ton of things but done different things though

But then again I think you told me that you predicted the Baker call and told me how when I was hanging out with you so I do commend your research

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. CarpetElf

Ward was actually the one I talked about haha. He was the only guy they met with at every opportunity.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Ok cool Supporter

Could've sworn it was both haha

Oh well either way

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. CarpetElf

I'll take credit for both, sure haha. But my Baker logic was lazy. They have the top pick and the guy they hired to rebuild the team loves Baker

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

always been #TeamBaker

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

True, but no one really took that as "Baker at #1." Hell, Dorsey didn't even go to Baker's pro day. He was highly considered to be taken at 4 and Barkley at 1, but I don't think anyone really thought he was #1 until that 24-48 hours.

Even beyond that, people didn't really know the true power structure. Hue was illogically brought back, so many really thought the final call would come down Jimmy Haslam. Jimmy and Dee Haslam, along with the entire front office, went to Sam Darnold's pro day. Everything was pointing to Sam Darnold for most of the time.

dotKev and CarpetElf like this.
  21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

what

22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'll take DK Metcalf... as an edge defender.

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Night Channels

Etienne for Heisman

Metcalf is a top five prospect if he checks out medically and runs in the 4.4s

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  24. CarpetElf

25. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is he running at the combine?

CarpetElf likes this.