Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 32

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I mean, yes, we need to replace our coaches haha. That doesn't mean don't still try to draft a QB. Anybody we draft is coming into a tough situation. Hence why I'd ultimately rather sign Foles/Tannehill, draft a defensive stud or a left tackle, and wait to draft a QB.

But if we refuse to sign a stopgap veteran QB, or don't have the cap space to do so, then yeah. Daniel Jones is the one least likely to have his development stunted, because he already has some of the tougher concepts figured out.

The one that really stands out to me is, knowing how and where to throw the ball early, when he knows a blitz is coming and the play doesn't have time to develop. He's great at anticipation and throwing to a "spot" and that's kinda rare for college QB

whitenblue88 likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Supposedly 2023 has a good qb class

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I actually think Tannehill ends up getting dealt somewhere for a mid rounder

4. Didn’t even make it to the combine and my Jones prediction is true

5. Randall Mentzos

Doesn’t matter. Jags are gonna do some wack shit like trade up to pick 2 for Drew Lock. I’m just living in a fantasy world where we actually get the best QB.

6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Supposedly Drew Lock looked great at the Senior Bowl

7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Drew Lock = Jay Cutler

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I dont think hes that good.

9. Night Channels

Trusted

Drew Lock stinks

10. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Maybe a little bit better, but still a bad choice. Just call him Juul Cutler.

[​IMG]

11. Randall Mentzos

I watched the Senior Bowl. Daniel Jones was the best QB there too. Tyree Jackson started off looking good but then regressed into bad mechanics. Will Grier got lucky with some dumb throws, Hunter Renfrow bailed him out of a terrible decision. Lock was exactly what he is - a limited skillset QB who is good in college haha.

Trace McSorley isn't going to be a hot commodity but he might have helped his late round stock.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

The dudes who impressed me the most were pass rusher Charles Omenihu from Texas (who destroyed Andre DIllard multiple times) and Andy Isabella from UMass (tiny slot receiver who seems to have super reliable hands & route running, and loves to block.)

The Patriots could draft Isabella and plug him right into their slot role. He's perfectly that kind of receiver.

I also thought Chris Lindstrom, guard from Boston College was good but that's to be expected, he's arguably the highest projected senior lineman who played out there. Montez Sweat, same deal, clearly he was the best DL in that game.

whitenblue88 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Pats have Berrios for that

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Hook em

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Geaux

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m not excited about Lock, but also think there’s a good chance he’s the best NFL QB at the Senior Bowl. Jones has arm strength issues, Jackson is so raw, and everyone else is so bleh

Also, Lock “interviews very well” which obviously is a key intangible or something

17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m starting to like Omenihu a lot as that DE/DT hybrid type of player that Ballard likes at the end of the first/early second

18. Night Channels

Trusted

The actual game during Senior Bowl week does not matter

PeacefulOrca and CarpetElf like this.
  19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, scouts have seen enough from watching practices most of the time

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I've seen "______ has a chance to go in the first round" about 300 times since the game now

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Night Channels

Trusted

The practices matter more than anything for those players.

Coaches, scouts, and GMs want to see them compete and if they take plays off.

The interviews are second to practices.

The game is just for fun. The schemes are super vanilla.

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  22. Night Channels

Trusted

It’s not hard to be the best QB of that group...

McSorley and Grier need to go play in Canada.

Jackson has insane physical talent but needs to sit behind a veteran for a while.

23. Randall Mentzos

I mean yeah I take it with a grain of salt but like if the same DE beats the same OT repeatedly in the game that still says something. If a 5’10” receiver is laying dudes out in run support or a guard is constantly springing run plays that still says something.

24. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I like the mentality of “don’t let the Senior Bowl hurt someone with a bad performance, but it can definitely help someone”

25. Night Channels

Trusted

Preston Williams is so good, but off the field stuff just kills his draft stock.

He would be a Top 20 prospect without the baggage.