Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 29

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Night Channels

Trusted

I’m digging through my brain here, but I’m pretty sure Jones killed UNC with QB power off of jet sweep.

He is very good in that series.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Matt was helping me choose which games to watch and UNC was like the one game from 2018 we didn’t watch because he said they were terrible competition lol

I saw Army and Clemson completely shut down his running

I know those are super tough run defenses at the college level but that’s what the NFL will look like

3. Randall Mentzos

I guess if he ran for 500+ yards in 2017 I should’ve watched more tape from that year. It seems college defenses caught up to his rushing attack by his junior year.

4. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

False.

[​IMG]

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Night Channels

Trusted

7. Night Channels

Trusted

I’ve been working on some pre-combine rankings.

Might post them tonight if I find some time to wrap them up.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Deebo Samuel measured in pretty damn well

Also Minshew had 10 1/2 inch hands. Jags.

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I get the feeling Deebo isn’t gonna fall to where I expect the Colts to take a receiver (late 2nd at the earliest, probably 3rd)

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The colts could trade up, plus don't they have the jets 2nd round pick too?

11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

They could trade up, yes. But Papa Ballard loves his draft picks and he loves not picking skill position players in the first two rounds

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Based on what? When he was with the chiefs?

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yeah, Chiefs and Colts. Neither team picked a skill position player in the first two rounds in his tenure there.

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk if they had a starting receiver named Zach pascal though

15. Randall Mentzos

If Jags stay put, I wanna either draft a defensive stud or Jonah Williams. But another draft move I’d be happy with: gonna need my Jags to trade down for K’Neal Harry, Daniel Jones and Cody Ford thanks

Or maybe Daniel Jones, Jawaan Taylor, JJ Arcega Whiteside

Either way get me that extra second round pick so that we could package one of them with our extra 3rd & 5th and get back into roUnd 1

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Its N'Keal

17. Randall Mentzos

That’s why I’m saying use the extra second, and package it with one or both of the Fowler picks, to get back into round 1

So two first round picks and a high second rather than the high first and an extra 3rd + 5th

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Taylor might be a top 10 pick

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

20. Randall Mentzos

Basically my point is there are two early-draft strategies that make sense:

1) Save money on defense by replacing an expensive free agent to keep it sustainable,

2) Trade down to Daniel Jones’ approximate value and use the extra picks to build an offense around him

If we go with option 1 we HAVE to at least squeeze a good offensive lineman in there though. Preferably with that round 2 pick.

21. If the Panthers are switching to a 3-4, they really need to add another DE capable of playing that scheme. They actually need to add two rush LBs and a DE. Seems to be a good draft for that. But I want Wilkins the most.

Wilkins - Poe - Short would be a nasty DL (assuming Poe improves with the scheme change).

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Very true.

The Chiefs got Kelce and Hill out of it though, so it’s not like that strategy worked poorly for them. And the Colts have Mack and Hines so far, which is a lot less good but is a start.

I mostly expect 2 receivers to be drafted, but neither of them to be high picks. Like their 3rd and the comp 4th they should get for Moncrief or something

23. Night Channels

Trusted

Jonah Williams is very overrated right now.

He is a better prospect as an interior lineman, but still probably a mid-first round prospect there too.

Fucking Dustin and PeacefulOrca like this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, feel exactly the same. Though, teams may look at mcglinchey being over drafted and he was pretty solid for the niners.

25. Randall Mentzos

They said the same things about Brandon Scherff too and he's been great for the Washington Potatoes

PeacefulOrca likes this.