Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 27

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

God it really is going to happen isn't it

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is Josh Jacobs gonna be a 1st rounder? Daniel Jeremiah put him in the top 5

3. Night Channels

Trusted

If any back goes in the first round, it should be him.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Jeremiah had him at 5 in his mock, that seemed high but you never know

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

5 like....overall!?

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

He also had both tight ends in the top 20 or something, look at it

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

He is very bad

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe Josh Jacobs will run a 4.2

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. Night Channels

Trusted

His mock was absurd, but I think he's really just trying to hype up some of the players he's high on.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

gotta get dem views

14. Night Channels

Trusted

Jeremiah runs shit at NFL Network now, so I think he's just trying to gas up some prospects that he's going to be focusing on throughout the process.

Nasir Adderley is a name that's popular in the scouting community. That kid can really play and has some of the best closing speed in FCS, but the Senior Bowl and NFL Combine aren't bigger for anyone else this year.

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

He runs shit? Yikes

16. Night Channels

Trusted

He took over for Mike Mayock.

Daniel Jeremiah is the best draft personality on television. He has been for years now. NFL Network got a hell of a lot better when Mayock took that job with the Raiders.

FTank and PeacefulOrca like this.
  17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I think every analyst is generally terrible but television personality wise no one bores me more than dj. I'm sure some people want better analysis but in some aspects, I enjoy being entertained too. Sure people shit on mayock but I enjoy his back and forth with eisen and that makes watching the combine much easier. Wish it was on the other sports channels like the draft so you could choose who you want.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Daniel Jones is Ryan tannehill

Even wears the same number

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'll 1000 percent take a younger, cheaper, healthier Ryan Tannehill

20. Randall Mentzos Jan 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I think, at his best, he's kinda like Philip Rivers honestly

I'm not projecting he'll be that good, but their playing style is similar. He'd have to pan out perfectly though for that to be visible at the NFL level.

He's not nearly as fast a scrambler as Tannehill, I honestly think Jones should be running less than 5 times per game. I would say he "gets away with" running a steady amount at the college level, more so than he's actually good at it.

And while they both rely on anticipation to make up for average arm strength (which Rivers does too), I think Jones has better accuracy downfield than Tannehill. He also has better footwork coming out since Tannehill switched positions from WR. But I do think his overall talent level is closer to Tannehill than Rivers. He's like a poor man's Rivers.

21. Randall Mentzos Jan 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Now if you said Daniel Jones is Chad Pennington I think that's a close comparison. He doesn't have the arm strength to make crazy plays but he's very accurate, great anticipation, plans ahead every move.

My only bugaboo is, when you have unimpressive arm strength, you really need to avoid throwing at good CB in the NFL. They're too good at getting in front of the receiver if the ball takes too long to get there. He rarely throws picks but most of the ones Matt and I saw could've been completions if thrown harder.

22. Night Channels

Trusted

If someone said that to me in person, I would take a glove out of my back pocket and slap them across the face.

That's the craziest shit I've heard since you compared him to Philip Rivers.

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  23. Randall Mentzos

I’m not comparing talent just playing style. I don’t think Tannehill is an accurate comparison at all. Jones doesn’t run well, and he also doesn’t have an issue with footwork nor a tendency to underthrow downfield.

24. Night Channels

Trusted

Daniel Jones is a better runner than most QBs in this draft class.

PeacefulOrca and CarpetElf like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah hes a good runner.