Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 20

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Night Channels

Trusted

Love him as a developmental prospect but he could’ve really made some serious cash if he played in the ACC or SEC as a graduate transfer

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Seems like a guy the packers would get as the next Brett Hundley type

3. Panthers need him

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. Nate Stanley going back to school? Might be a good idea I suppose. I like him but he kinda scares me at the same time. Seems like a lot of his positive plays are jump balls that wouldn’t be as successful in the pros. But he does move around the pocket well and he throws well on the run. He is good at avoiding the rushers while keeping his eyes downfield. And he can launch the damn ball even if he’s throwing across his body. I’ll probably follow him rather closely next year.

5. I’ve been mowing through QB videos ever since Cam’s final presser where he said the trainers don’t have an answer for him.

None of these guys are the answer.

I’d rather suck for two years and get Lawrence. Start the tank now.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Get out of here @Swoos that’s the Jags plan

Gonna sign Eli for 2 years and then draft Lawrence when he retires

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Weird to see you embrace tanking all of a sudden ;)

8. Randall Mentzos

Never said that. For Trevor we should trade the farm no matter HOW we finish the year.

If the Eagles and Rams traded from the 20s to get Goff and Wentz at picks 1 & 2, we can justify trading up from the teens (probably) for Trevor.

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh lol. Yeah that's not going to happen. Hes going first overall to the team that has first overall.

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Probably the Colts or Packers

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah its gonna be New England. Danny Etling is going to start a full season and go 1-15 (the one win being the Jaguars).

12. Fucking Dustin

But if Kizer starts for GB he'll go 0-16

13. Randall Mentzos

Idk mang I'm still kinda surprised Rams and Eagles got all the way up from the 20s to picks 1 & 2 for Goff / Wentz. Maybe a team that drafts a QB in 2020 or Herbert this year ends up with the early pick because they're still rebuilding, and doesn't want a QB

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Wentz was a polarizing prospect and the Browns are the Browns. Plus neither one were Lawrence
    Closest comparison would be Luck and Newton. Neither of those teams would've traded them for anything

15. Randall Mentzos

In that case tanking would be extremely dumb then, because unless you literally do worse than every other team in the league, you ruined your current team morale and killed your ticket sales for no reason at all

Tanking for the #2 pick in that case isn't NEARLY as rewarding and would actually be infuriating. Seems even harder / more consequences to pull off a successful tank than it is to just pull off the trade. For starters no coach could do that and still keep their job.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. Fucking Dustin

Closest comparison would be Luck and Luck

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

For an entire season, I completely agree. But i bet if in week 17 if we have to lose to get Lawrence and we win you'll be pissed

18. Randall Mentzos

Alright in that case yeah. But that is like the 0.01% likelihood scenario that I would be okay with bullshitting a game. In any other situation my competitive conscience speaks louder, as well as the fact that just because you pick higher doesn’t mean you’ll make a better decision

If you KNOW you’re gonna get Trevor Lawrence / Andrew Luck by losing one last game to another really bad team, fine, do it.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I mean...

Wentz (2016) - 16 GP, 3,782 yds, 16 TD, 14 INT, 62.4 CMP% (379/607), 9 FUM, 79.3 RAT

Mayfield (2018) - 13.5 GP, 3,725 yds, 27 TD, 14 INT, 63.4 CMP% (310/486), 4 FUM, 93.7 RAT

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I don’t want Trevor Lawrence because that means something happened to Luck and that would suck

21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

This thread probably curses Lawrence and he completely bombs tonight.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Nah this isn’t the Patriots way

They’ll do something like trade Sony Michel for a 2021 first, that team will fall apart, and they’ll get the #1 overall pick without having a losing season

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I hate you for how right this is

24. Randall Mentzos

Damn, those are good rookie numbers for Mayfield. Dude came out READY for this level of competition.

Blimp City Hero likes this.
  25. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious