Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football • Page 10

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

He's 29 THIS season. January is this season haha. Sacks are still part of his job and he's failing at that. He's also not been great at tackling, run defense, or really anything. If you have him in your top 100 at all that's kind of bad haha. Dude is getting paid 15.5 million a year to be the third best player at his position on our team

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I said do not keep Hayden. I said do not cut Bouye THIS YEAR.

3. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

That’s just a wrong assertion. Campbell doesn’t play DT and Dareus isn’t better.

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Dareus has been better, yeah. Abry Jones has been good too. Campbell also does line up at DT and will likely take over for Malik next season too.

5. Randall Mentzos

So what is wrong with drafting Greedy and cutting Bouye after 2019? What is so wrong about that? Teams have attacked Bouye all year and been successful. He makes so much money to not be CB1, by far the highest paid CB2, by like 30 or more percent

6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

....nothing? I literally said do that lol.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

FWIW I'm perfectly fine with the Jags going WR in round 1

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

So why are you acting like I’m wrong then hahaha wrf

I said cut Bouye to make room for Ramsey. Which means after 2019 when Ramsey’s contract is up

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well, you said draft Greedy and cut Bouye haha.

10. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'd pay money to watch you two fight in the octagon

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  11. Randall Mentzos

Nah, Campbell is a DE and if you think Abry Jones is better than Malik idk what to tell you. Besides both he and Dareus primarily are nose tackles. Having success in sub packages doesn’t mean you’re a better full time 3 Tech DT

You may be right that Malik fell off this year and doesn’t deserve his pay though

12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Calais has lined up at DT though.

PFF has Abry at #74 and Malik at #94

13. Randall Mentzos

I feel like Taven Bryan plays like a DT and I’m not sure why we are using him at DE. Imo, ideally he replaces Malik

14. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This is why I’m so surprised they’re both so opposed to trying to fix QB this year

I’m not sure why you’d want to waste one of the last years before you’re in cap hell on a stopgap QB

Joe4th, CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  15. Randall Mentzos

Fuck PFF lol. That means nothing to me. It’s easier to get higher scores as a situational player with a smaller range of responsibility and used in specific ways

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Find me another option haha

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's also easier to get a higher score when you're used less and do more haha. Malik is our least efficient defensive player.

18. Randall Mentzos

We’re not about to be in cap hell if we are smart. Replace Malik with Bryan who we already drafted, replace Bouye, we already took Fowler off the potential future books and Dareus is probably next

Remember that Bortles also comes off the books when it’s time to sign our big names

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Herbert and Haskins aren’t Tua but they’re still solid prospects

20. Randall Mentzos

No fuck Herbert haha

I’m gonna be so mad because that is exactly what the Jags are probably gonna do

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

To be fair, I think Haskins IS Tua haha. I don't think Tua is going to be a top five pick and a huge pro prospect. Herbert is Bortles. I'd rather go down with Haskins than Herbert. It at least tells me they're trying something different with their failures.

22. Randall Mentzos

I need to watch more Haskins but I generally hate Ohio State quarterbacks. And yes Urban Meyer improved the program but his scheme is still very college specific and gimmicky, UF quarterbacks weren’t good either

23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m also not confident in the Jags’ ability to be bad enough to get Tua in 2019, so then you’re in the same spot as you were this year but one year later

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Also cut Gipson*

25. Randall Mentzos

Hence why I want to trade down, especially if we miss all of Greedy, Devin and the best pass rushers / DTs

whitenblue88 likes this.