Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 NFL Draft Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Nov 29, 2018.

1. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

never too early to get this started up! Especially with Senior Bowl invites starting to trickle in

2. Hell yeah

What DEs will be available in the teens for Carolina?

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn

4. xbrokendownx Nov 29, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 29, 2018)
    xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

@Night Channels are you a Herbert fan?

think I want Miami to trade up for him, fuck it

5. Night Channels

Trusted

I'm not a fan of his, so I also think I want Miami to trade up for him. I'd take him over Drew Lock all day, every day though.

This is the worst QB group since 2013.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. Night Channels

Trusted

The EDGE and Interior DL class is so loaded that Carolina should be in a great spot to land someone that slips.

Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, and Joe Jackson are prospects to look at right now, but the dust will really start to settle after the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine (as it always does).

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

8. Night Channels

Trusted

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah I'm very curious to see what happens with him. Could be another Quenton Nelson situation. Which would be GREAT for the Jags haha.

10. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I’d tank for him at this point.

Give me Jonah Williams and Cam Robinson at OT with last year’s Will Richardson from NC State on the roster as a backup swing tackle.

Pair them with a hopefully healthier Brandon Linder and Andrew Norwell inside (both have battled moderate injuries since week 5-6).

Cut Jermey Parnell and clear up some cash to resign Yeldon or Moncrief, whoever takes the friendlier deal. Cut Hyde too and maybe keep both.

Run the ball like crazy behind that line, hopefully with a combo of Fournette / Yeldon.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh I'd take Yeldon over Moncrief any day :heart:

12. Randall Mentzos

Me too but we need Moncrief more and Yeldon may want to go be a starter somewhere.

You know I’ve always loved Yeldon. In the modern NFL your team needs a guy like that. I also love Ekeler in SD.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

You can find a Moncrief way easier than you can find a Yeldon though. Yeldon as a runningback isn't anything special but his additional assets are something that most colleges don't even ask of players.

14. Randall Mentzos

If we end up winning games and getting a lower draft spot A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss becomes an option for me

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Please lose the rest of your games Lions

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I can’t remember a class that was so disproportionately loaded at one position group as this class is with DL/edge rushers

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Might be a major hot take but i think Jonah Williams will be a really good right tackle

18. Randall Mentzos

I think he’s a left, but either one would be fine by me. Cam Robinson has already proven he can play left.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. Night Channels

Trusted

Jonah Williams is a better fit on the interior in the NFL.

I think can be a solid tackle, but he has the ability to be an elite guard or center.

PeacefulOrca and CarpetElf like this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, exactly why I would be afraid to put him at left. Why do bama OL players seem to get overhyped and then not turn out as good so often, though?

21. Randall Mentzos

I don’t think that’s true. Alabama players in the trenches are some of the most reliable draft picks from my observation. Cam Robinson & Ryan Kelly both quickly adjusted to NFL expectations.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Jonah Williams is the best Bama OL player that I can remember.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, I get it you love Cam Robinson. Do you want me to list off all the guys who were hyped early on and then fell in the draft or were ufas.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait till you see his backup

25. Randall Mentzos

I think you’d find a similar failure / success rate at other major schools. Lot of Bama players get the same hype which means pretty lofty expectations to live up to.

Their best players are still their best players

It’s not just Cam. If you want a THIRD example, Arie Kouandjio has been very solid for the Redskins.