Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 MLB Season Baseball • Page 316

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

i've literally never dreamt about the cardinals ever

2. yeah I wasn't being serious haha

Zoshchenko likes this.
  4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Those be fresh

DaydreamNation likes this.
  5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is the powder inspired by rob ford or what?

6. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

The Jays redesigning their uniforms in 2011 was the best thing the franchise has done since 1992.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  7. T.J.

music and baseball.

I enjoy powder blue jerseys.

jciswhatis likes this.
  8. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Ricketts can take a long walk off a short pier for ruining this franchise

9. MexicanGuitars

Yep.

DaydreamNation and Zoshchenko like this.
  10. A lot of younger people in Chicago are gonna chose the Sox over the Cubs

Jim and PeacefulOrca like this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope so, the sox have a bright future. Hopefully they do good enough this season that FAs will come.

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

They got the top catching free agent this year and have 2 all star catchers. They will be fine getting people if they put a winning team on the field even if they just miss the playoffs and have a rough season the future is bright on the south side

13. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Cubs vs Sox in Chicago/Illinois is still so very geographically driven

14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

15. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I live in the market and have no idea how this Marquee Network thing will work. Finding WGN or ABC7 games on Xfinity out here was a bit of a pain but I loved that the locals could watch most of the games over the air. Is this going to be a MASN-type channel like the O's/Nats have or will it be more of a PPV thing? I just know if they ditch Len/JD with this move they should lose all of their fanbase.

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

fox and espn will get some games. they want it to be like a paid thing from what i first remember reading but also att is the only one in chicago to have picked it up

Comcast, Dish Network, WOW, Hulu and YouTube TV have not reached an agreement with Sinclair to carry Marquee Sports Network. Comcast is the largest television provider in the region with an estimated 1.5 million subscribers

17. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Len and JD are staying on.

18. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, Comcast has a monopoly on our area so this SUCKS for Cubs fans in the region, especially since you could get around MLBTV's blackout rules if they weren't on NBCSN.

19. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

MLB.tv + VPN = me not watching Marquee unless it gets bundled into YTTV for no added charge

T.J. and Jason Tate like this.
  20. MexicanGuitars

Even though I used to hate the Sox, getting older you realize a) the Cardinals are the real enemy b) Sox are still a Chicago team that family and friends are just as passionate about c) that Ted Cruz motherfucker Ricketts is ruining the team and make it unaffordable to do anything in the area or watch the games. while the Sox are actively trying to improve their team.

So in sum I’m actually looking forward to the Sox rebuild even though I will still take pot shots at them.

DaydreamNation and Zoshchenko like this.
  21. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I'm probably watching more Sox games this year because of Yaz. I usually have them on in the background because they're always playing daytime games and Benetti/Stone are a good team. Never paid much attention unless Giolito was pitching, though.

22. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

where's the lie

also, i get to post more tweets now that i'm back on the hellscape that is twitter

T.J. and Jason Tate like this.
  23. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Chicago is #blessed with two great broadcast teams

24. :crylaugh:

25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.