Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020 MLB Season Baseball • Page 23

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. T.J.

music and baseball.

ugh. that sucks.

2. Why is it so difficult to just not be a dirtbag

TheJMan and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

The baseball gods really don’t want the Yankees to have their optimal playoff roster, huh

First Betances now this. The price to pay for getting Sevy and Stanton back. 100 wins will happen but man

4. T.J.

music and baseball.

please don't blame my gods on domestic violence. k thx. :-)

Zoshchenko likes this.
  5. Random injuries are the not the same as domestic violence.

If he's an abusive pos boot his ass off the team I don't care about the playoffs.

6. DooDooBird

Trusted

Let’s throw Chapman off the team while we’re at it.

7. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I have to imagine it's pretty infuriating for guys who are injured like Trout and Yelich to see stuff like this with Vazquez and Germán. They're healthy enough to be playing the sport they love and throwing away their opportunities because they're shitheads.

8. TheJMan

Trusted

Unfortunately the Yankees (and about 95%) of sports teams don’t care about this behavior if you’re good enough to help the team win. This is the same franchise that knowingly traded for Chapman and then turned around and signed him to a huge contract the next year. This crap will continue to happen until teams actually hold these guys accountable and just release them and blackball them from the sport.

9. DooDooBird

Trusted

Ronald only needs 3 stolen bases.

shea likes this.
  10. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

The thing that pisses me off it's that it's so... preventable. Don't hit anyone and you won't get yourself in trouble. Injuries are random and you can't do anything about them. But the way to not get suspended for spousal violence is... don't do it! I just want to tell every single one of them, "You won't get away with it. You will get caught. And you will fuck over your team." I don't know if they think they're invincible and that's why they do it, but goddamnit now the Yankees will be without a key pitching component just because you had to be a fucking moron and do something that will get yourself suspended. Just don't hit anyone! It's that simple! The Yankees should have seminars on this shit if they don't already. You want to play baseball and help your team win a World Series? Don't assault anyone! Not hard!

11. TheJMan

Trusted

I also think it’s sad that if a player takes a PED he gets suspended and can’t play in the playoffs that year while being viewed as doing the worst thing in the world with a scarlet letter on you for the rest of your life yet if you hit your wife/girlfriend you just get suspended and all is forgotten about in time.

PatRFinley likes this.
  12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I guarantee you the Yankees are thorough on all of this shit. I know they brought in Chapman but did I miss a run of these instances that have happened under their watch? Grown men are going to do what they want to do.

13. TheJMan Sep 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2019)
    TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I don’t think you can blame the team for a player doing something like that while they’re with the organization, you can’t babysit grown men 24/7. And players do have to attend domestic violence meetings at the start of the year in spring training.

The bigger issue is how the franchise reacts to this type of behavior. The Yankees, for example, have shown that they really don’t care about domestic violence issues. The Red Sox are another team that seemingly doesn’t care either as they have kept Steven Wright employed for the past year or so.

14. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

Domingo slapped his girlfriend in public, likely at CC Sabathia’s charity gala that he was hosting that night, and the only reason he got in trouble was because an MLB official at the event witnessed it and reported it to the commissioner’s office.

Way to go, you fucking idiot. I cannot believe the fucking lack of brain cells you need to do that in a public setting at your teammate’s charity event. You fucking moron.

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah certainly a lot of instances of teams not caring about it no argument there.

TheJMan likes this.
  16. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

One of the Rays’ biggest wins of the year came with them blowing up Chapman’s spot at the top of the ninth at Yankee stadium and my happiness was palpable. Forever fuck that dude.

17. I'm glad Rizzo is okay obviously but damn I was looking forward to not having to deal with his defensive abilities, given our team's propensity for small ball

Zoshchenko likes this.
  18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

where does Lemahieu finish in the AL MVP race? Dudes been awesome this year

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. TheJMan

Trusted

Top 5 most likely.

20. Top 3 I'd say

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Assuming the voters continue to undervalue pitchers in the MVP race because the cy young exists

22. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I was looking to see where DJ ranks in terms of WAR and apparently Marcus Semien turned into a 7-win player this year.

23. Brew Crew baby - CRAIGTEMBER rolls on

24. It appears Rizzo's ankle is far from 100% based on his fielding of that bunt actually

25. Fuck off Rizzo

Zoshchenko likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.