Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 MLB Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Baseball • Page 922

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Brenden, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Goooood.

2. T.J.

music and baseball.

Fucking idiot.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

it's easy to be cynical about this given how mightily Vargas struggled in the first half last season, but all this is saying is that for probably the first month of the season, he's #5. they took action after a few abysmal starts last season, and with Lugo and Gsellman in the pen, I'm not too concerned about this. if anything, having your starting rotation locked in before ST starts allows them to shift focus on other areas without having to worry about competition.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just think it's hilarious now that Brodie VanWagz is telling us that extension talks with deGrom aren't the hot focus right now because "he's clearly making more money now than he did earlier in his career", when LAST SEASON, as degrom's AGENT, he told the mets to sign him long term or trade him.

I was so hopeful about BVW and i am starting to fucking hate him.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

and BVW has been saying he feels he has been having a great back and forth with degrom and thinks he has a great relationship with the player, and today degrom tells the media he has been a part of 0 extension conversations.

domotime2 likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. broken22

(:

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Everyone ripping degrom right now is frustrating. I agree that from PR it's a nightmare because people are stupid

But jesus mets.... extend the guy. Make him feel wanted and comfortable. Rip up the last two years of arb and give him 5 yr 100 with a doable option for 6th.

Players dont get paid when they're young and good... they dont get paid when they hit free agency... they get fired and shunned when they take drugs to prolong careers...and yet ticket prices aren't going down. Beers are still $10. Parking is $30.

But the players are wrong

leerkat and Sean Murphy like this.
  10. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

That may be the dumbest thing i've ever read a pitcher say like scouting reports aren't all just different math equations. This guy can't hit high and tight = fucking math ya goober.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. domotime2

im surprised starters care this much?

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

They care probably because they think it’ll reduce their value as a starter. They’ll potentially pitch less innings, which means less time to shine to get a better deal

13. CobraKidJon

yeah both those guys being against it makes sense like @Joe4th said when Bumgarner is due for a new deal after this season and Cole just winning an arbitration case for more money.

Joe4th likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I think sometimes yes and sometimes it's partial and then spread out
    He's said this for awhile now

Zoshchenko likes this.
  15. CobraKidJon

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The title of this thread has frustrated me long enough

Brent likes this.
  17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

wow, thats a steal

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Wow

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'm excited to see what Stanton can do getting that first year and some playoff experience out of the way, and hopefully idiot fans won't spend all of April trying to run him out of town this time around

Jason Tate likes this.
  20. T.J.

music and baseball.

Sources: Severino extension maxes at $52.25M

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

I think I am happy to see these young guys get guaranteed contracts, even at the expense of one-, or two-, years FA.

22. shea

RIP Supporter

Kimbrel spotted at the Orlando airport so he must be signing with the Braves per my entire FB timeline..lol.

23. domotime2

That severino announcement certainly hurts degrom here. same with nola

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Oh dear

whitenblue88 and shea like this.
  25. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.