Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 MLB Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Baseball • Page 914

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Brenden, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. T.J.

music and baseball.

thats a tough question. i am not really that upset about how drawn out it is, but is it better? idk.

2. T.J.

music and baseball.

that outfield would be stupid. but Judge in CF? lol

3. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I would hope one of them would DH, probably Stanton? Whoever is the better defender of Judge/Harper getting RF, the other in left. Maybe? idk

4. Harper's played more in CF than Judge has.

5. T.J.

music and baseball.

I was just laughing at this:

Judgesaid that he’d be willing to move to center if it meant signing Harper. “[Harper has] got more speed than me, man. Wherever he wants to play, we’ll make it work.”

I am sure it wouldn't happen that way, I just thought it was funny Judge offered to play CF.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I wish Harper was passable at CF cause he'd have been a Yankee already, but his numbers are pretty bad there and there are deeper alleys at Yankee Stadium

T.J. and Jason Tate like this.
  7. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Who cares? Give up 10 runs a game. Judge, Stanton and Harper will put up 16 lol

slimfenix182 likes this.
  8. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I voted steal a base because once upon a time I was very fast and very good at stealing bases

Then I saw this lol

So I’ll go with “throw an inning without dying.” Maybe pitching back in the day will save me

9. cmon bb we all know bryant isn't gonna be hurt/bad forever you'll still have an mvp-caliber player

Zoshchenko likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

I mean I wouldn't have to worry about a comebacker, everything would be easily pulled. I'd live lol

Zoshchenko likes this.
  11. I definitely could not do any of those except maybe pitch one inning without dying

12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

is getting hit by a pitch an option? I'd take that one

slimfenix182, T.J. and Jason Tate like this.
  13. slimfenix182

Lol would I even care what the rest of the team looks like if that's the 2/3/4 for like the next 7 or 8 years? Probably not haha

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. It’s wild to me that Machado and Harper are still unsigned

Larry David and DaydreamNation like this.
  15. T.J.

music and baseball.

Dueling proposals from MLB on Jan. 14 and the union on Friday covered a wide range of topics, according to sources. Among them include:

• A three-batter minimum for pitchers

• A universal designated hitter

• A single trade deadline before the All-Star break

• A 20-second pitch clock

• The expansion of rosters to 26 men, with a 12-pitcher maximum

• Draft advantages for winning teams and penalties for losing teams

• A study to lower the mound

• A rule that would allow two-sport amateurs to sign major league contracts

Larry David likes this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Three-batter minimum, hell no. Universal DH, hell yes. I wouldn't mind seeing a pitch clock for my own selfish reasons but I can see where fans and players would be opposed.

17. slimfenix182

Yes to 26 man roster. Three batter minimum is stupid. Not as adamant on the DH cause I barely watch the NL. If they want to watch pitchers hit let em idk lol. You definitely can't do that rule this year though when nobody has planned for it.

18. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Machado wants to be a Yankee but they got no room for him. I sense hes holding out in hopes the Yanks trade someone to make room.

19. slimfenix182

It does make sense if he's hoping they'll pivot to him if Arenado signs an extension. I really think their preference is to go after Arenado next year but if he's not an option idk

20. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

DaydreamNation likes this.
  21. broken22

(:

22. I like none of these things except roster expansion and allowing two-sport amateurs to sign major league contracts. Sure study lowering the mound I guess, but I don't feel like that's necessary. I have very mixed feelings about NL DH but am mostly opposed. Hell no to the three-batter minimum, single trade deadline (esp that early) & pitch clock, and without knowing more details I'd be opposed to messing with the draft.

23. Also don't limit the number of pitchers you can have on the roster, that's dumb. Teams will just get around it anyway by liberally using the 10-day DL and the AAA shuttle for young relievers who've been subjected to heavy usage in a compressed time frame

24. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I’m amenable to the DH coming to the NL. It’d be sad to no longer have pitchers hitting dongs, but it’d be nice to no longer endure near automatic outs for the first 5-6 innings of a game.

I do enjoy the pinch hitting strategy that comes with pitchers being in the lineup and double switches and all that jazz

25. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.