Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 MLB Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Baseball • Page 1290

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Brenden, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Crazy there hasn't been a big trade yet with just the one deadline now

2. Eh not that crazy though. The playoff picture already looks relatively stable outside of the total wild clusterfuck that is the NL Central. So most teams don't have a huge incentive to add necessarily.

3. slimfenix182

Well I'm a bit surprised Tampa hasn't done anything yet. Boston probably won't do much with their payroll.

Cleveland, Boston, Oakland and Tampa are all bunched up with Texas and Anaheim not far behind so the AL Wild Card isn't any less interesting

DaydreamNation likes this.
  4. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think that’s true. Everyone in the NL except the Marlins is within 6 games of a wild card spot. I think a lot of teams are going to be using the next week+ to figure out if they’re in or out. Like the Giants finally reached .500 for the first time this season two days ago. They should obviously sell but they’ve also been one of the best teams in the league the last couple weeks.

Of course, this all depends on how much teams value a wild card spot, but also how much backlash there might be if a team sells while being only a few games out. There’s a lot to unpack there, a lot of factors. I don’t think things are that settled in the NL imo

5. Yeah so I should clarify--I don't think teams are gonna sell when they're that close to a WC spot. But they'd be dumb to add (a la Pirates picking up Archer last yr after their win streak) probably. What I think we might see less of is division leaders beefing up for the stretch run because two-thirds of the division leaders (all non-Central divisions) have to be feeling pretty good right now, albeit not totally safe of course. But who knows. I'm probably wrong.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  6. What I think we WILL see a lot of in the next wk are quasi mutually beneficial small deals essentially swapping need for need, if that makes sense. Just wouldn't expect anything blockbuster coming down the line. Maybe a MadBum trade but even that I think is looking less and less likely

Zoshchenko likes this.
  7. slimfenix182

With Oakland not being too far behind Houston there's probably no way they don't add a starter

8. Also I know we shit talk the Voit trade a lot (and mostly for good reason) but hot damn Giovanny Gallegos has been an absolute godsend for the Cards' bullpen this year

9. This game sucked by and large but Hicks just sent a ball to the moon and that was cool.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  10. slimfenix182

Lol Andrew Cashner has a beard clause in his contract

Time to let go of my dreams of the Yankees signing him next year

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

wish we had Michael Brantley his whole career, already a fan favorite

12. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

13. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Trout homer

Had to get one more in before the season series vs Seattle ends

Brent likes this.
  14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Barely into late July seems super early for the season series to be done with a team in your division.

15. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Saladino has five hits all season and he just tied the game with a grand slam. This game is weird sometimes.

16. DooDooBird

Trusted

Godamn, Arod is such a lame dude.

Brent likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Catch of the year

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ahhh mets

19. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Winning a game without Yelich and Woodruff having a rough day is really counting your blessings*

*a testament to how god-awful the DBacks bullpen is.

20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Gausman actually having a quality start tonight.

21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Pls bring Donaldson back next year

CarpetElf and airik625 like this.
  22. airik625

Did Alex Rodriguez just call Donaldson the best teammate ever

23. slimfenix182

I was confused too. That's what it sounded like

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

airik625 likes this.
  25. airik625

CarpetElf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.