Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 MLB Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Baseball • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Brenden, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

The first Mariners TV broadcast isn't until the 5th, so I've been listening to the radio broadcasts like an addict. Can't wait for the season to get here.

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I just assumed other areas televised their spring training games. Tribe has been televising theirs for a few seasons now.

3. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

The first Mets telecast was on my birthday, they lost, but damn I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present than watching David Wright hit (even if he didn't actually get a hit)

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How do you feel about M's offseason?

5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I can't watch dodgers games because I'm in San Francisco territory.

so I'm forced to buy the MLB package.

6. T.J.

music and baseball.

Man, I am so excited for this season. I cannot wait to watch Miggy swing the bat.

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I must have missed the Braves signing Bartolo Colon for a year. I saw him and was like wtf is happening rn.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  8. Best part about living in Vegas is that I get all the Cali teams and Seattle and Arizona.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Zoshchenko likes this.
  10. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

Dusty Baker testing out some interesting lineups. He likes Eaton in the lower half of the lineup as opposed to leadoff. I'd be interested to see some of Eaton's splits as a leadoff hitter compared to the lower half of the lineup.

11. hermanthehermit

I hesitate to say that I'm excited about it, because history dictates that my excitement about the M's offseason moves inversely correlates to their success, but I am excited for the direction of the team.

I love how JeDi is moving toward a more athletic, speedy, defense-driven roster and away from RH power bats for the most part. The only move I'm not sold on right now is Gallardo, but if we get 2015 or before Gallardo instead of last year's incarnation, then that deal is a win.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  12. Colby Searcy

I'm not an M's fan, but as a Rangers fan I definitely check up on division rivals and to me most of those moves are "huh?"

Like to me it just seems like Dipoto is just "Oh X team called and wants to make a trade? Well let's see what we'll have to give up to get a decent but not outstanding player."

Like it just feels like he's making trades just for the sake of making them and treating every player like a change of scenery type of guy. The moves are just kinda baffling considering what they gave up to get JUST slightly better in most instances.

hermanthehermit likes this.
  13. hermanthehermit

That's fair. The only two players we moved this offseason that I could have really seen being a part of our future are Taijuan Walker and Luiz Gohara. Maybe Alex Jackson, too, but he just hasn't caught on at any stretch of the minors so far.

Otherwise, I think that we're just excited to see the team try something new. We're counting on some bounceback, to be sure, but we would be if we held tight with last season's roster anyways.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

For the fans' sakes I hope it works out and they actually make it an interesting 3-way AL West race cuz Lord knows y'all deserve it. Just on paper it seems very meh. But really I hope it works out, just as long as my Rangers end up victorious in the end ;-p

15. hermanthehermit

Is now a good time to mention that I grew up in STL territory and throw David Freese in your face? ;-)

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

David Freese is a god damn hero

Jim and hermanthehermit like this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Ugh, the one year he was good too! I'm over it for the most part... I blame Nellie and he's on the....Oh wait...

:teethsmile:

18. hermanthehermit

19. hermanthehermit

What I just heard is Nellie's gonna destroy the Rangers' hopes again. ;-p

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Doesn't sound good for Red Sox fans regarding Price. Pretty severe pain in his elbow...

21. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

Oh I hope he needs Tommy John, that will just ruin there offseason acquiring Sale. I'm a Blue Jays fan.

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

That's a really shitty thing to say. Never wish injury on anyone.

T.J., Snewt, Zoshchenko and 5 others like this.
  23. Derek

Get stung

blue jays fan....makes sense

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

There are sections of each fan base that make comments like that. They should be called out.

Zoshchenko and Colby Searcy like this.
  25. Derek

Get stung

absolutely. And some fan bases are known for being shittier than others and its funny when they play into that stereotype

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.