Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 MLB Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Baseball • Page 1105

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Brenden, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

go dodgers

2. albert
    miggy
    votto

3. I got two out of three but I think the two I got are super super obvious

4. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yea, I got the same two. I got two out of three, and my 3rd was only off by .03 average. ha

DaydreamNation likes this.
  5. Groogz

Tranquilo Prestigious

I've looked it up since, but my first three guesses were Pujols, Braun, and Cano Can't believe I didn't think of Cabrera before Braun and Cano

T.J. likes this.
  6. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I knew @T.J. 's first two were right instantly. Took me forever to figure out the third. I kept thinking I had it, but they were either short on homers or short on avg. That's a fun question though

T.J. likes this.
  7. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Also, Jayson Stark's Useless Info Dept. articles every week for The Athletic are extremely good, lots of fun statistical tidbits

8. Zoshchenko Apr 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 26, 2019)
    Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Also also, speaking of 300 career home runs (great tie-in, I know), remember when Paul Konerko and Jermaine Dye went back-to-back for their 300th career home runs?

9. T.J.

music and baseball.

Ugh. I used to hate that White Sox team. They'd beat us up constantly.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  10. T.J.

music and baseball.

I still think A.J. Pierzynsky was truly worth not liking.

11. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I remember really liking Magglio and Buehrle as a kid. We had a weekend season ticket package for a big chunk of my childhood, I think 24 games, so I saw a lot of the 00s White Sox growing up despite being a Cubs fan

T.J. likes this.
  12. T.J.

music and baseball.

They did have fun teams back then. I don't remember too much about the early 00s, but the late-00s, early 10s were something.

Alex Rios, Juan Pierre, Konerko, Alexei Ramiriez, Jim Thome... good ole Scotty Podz.

Hell, even Manny Ramirez showed up for half a season in 2010. Who remembers that??

DaydreamNation and Zoshchenko like this.
  13. DooDooBird

Trusted

I remember White Sox legend Ken Griffey Jr.

14. shea

RIP Supporter

I have zero recollection of Manny or Griffey on the White Sox.

Randomly thought about Mike Piazza the other day and similarly have zero recollection of him on the Marlins or Padres.

15. T.J.

music and baseball.

Yea, its easy to forget those half year stints unless is pans out for a deep run.

shea likes this.
  16. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Holding On to Piazza’s Stint With Marlins

Never mind that Piazza played just five games for the Marlins in May 1998, a mere pit stop on his way from the Los Angeles Dodgers to the Mets. Never mind that he did nothing of note during that stint, except hit his only triple of the season. The closest either man has been to Piazza is waving to him from the stands.

Yet for Jerry Dworkin, 59, and Chris Fernandez, 25, there is no greater thrill than finding one of the more than 120 Piazza Marlins cards issued from 1998 to 2005.

shea likes this.
  17. T.J.

music and baseball.

I can't read all of it, but that's awesome.

18. Strongly disagree

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I already had tickets for the 5th to last game at Yankee Stadium versus the White Sox when Griffey was traded there. I was super stoked

20. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

You got to see Griffey hit a double! What fun that must've been. And A-Rod went deep!

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

[​IMG]

slimfenix182 and Zoshchenko like this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

That was the third time I saw Griffey. First was in Irabu's 2nd home start (he homered, A-Rod did twice)

Second time Griffey homered to tie Dimaggio with his 361st and it landed about ten rows in front of me in RF. I could find myself in the stands on Sportscenter (barely haha)

T.J. and Zoshchenko like this.
  23. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

That's awesome! Haha I remember trying to find myself on highlights way back in the day. There was some walk off home run that the White Sox hit that was close to our seats in the bleachers and I remember watching ESPN and all the local news stations like crazy trying to see if I could spot my dad and me

slimfenix182 likes this.
  24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Seeing Vlad Jr on the Lugnuts was so much fun. Hope he kills it for the Jays

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.