Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Fantasy Baseball Thread Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Drewski, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Where my ballers at? Let's talk.

Back-to-back finals appearances here, but no title. Gotta finish the damn thing.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Is there a chorus fbb league? I’d be in.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Last year I had a good team, but it wasn't quite good enough, and I was the only team in the top 6 (out of 10) that didn't complete a big trade before the deadline, so I ended up finishing 5th and out of the playoffs.

We just had our draft now....didn't exactly go how I planned...I'm not disappointed either. Very in the middle on this one. I have exactly zero depth at corner infield, but I've got a couple of guys I gotta shift to DL and NA slots and I'll prob use the space to pick up at least one other CI for now.

C-Francisco Mejia $7
    1B-Joey Gallo $27
    2B-Gleyber Torres $3 (K)
    3B-Kris Bryant $43
    SS-Xander Bogaerts $24 (K)
    CI-Luke Voit $4
    MI-Ahmed Rosario $4
    OF-Mookie Betts $74
    OF-Aaron Hicks $7 (K)
    OF-Andrew McCutchen $11 (K)
    OF-Harrison Bader $2
    OF-Nomar Mazara $6
    UTIL-Shohei Ohtani $2 (K)

Bench-Gregory Polanco $4
    Bench-Eloy Jimenez $2 (K)
    Bench-Fernando Tatis Jr. $3
    Bench-Garrett Hampson $2

P-Aaron Nola $7 (K)
    P-Mike Foltynewicz $2 (K)
    P-German Marquez $6 (K)
    P-Kevin Gausman $3 (K)
    P-Jose Leclerc $6 (K)
    P-Jose Quintana $2
    P-Mychal Givens $1
    P-Jordan Hicks $3
    P-Dellin Betances $1

I usually punt saves in the draft, maybe ending up with one closer overall, so this is actually the most early season save opportunities I've ever had on my team lol. Obviously overloaded at MI....Eloy is gonna go in my NA slot for the couple weeks he gets sent down, then Tatis will move into it...but between that and Shohei and Polanco going into DL slots, I'm gonna have 3 roster spots to fill with waiver wire guys. Probably gonna use those on CI and an OF. Maybe stream a pitcher.

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

And actually, due to the nature of the online draft room on Yahoo (we usd to do live drafts but too many guys have scattered across the country/world for now), there are a number of closers still available. Should I drop Hicks for Greene/one of the KC possible closers/Pedro Strop/etc. AJ Minter too....any thoughts?

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I really wish there was a dynasty league we could do with just chorus people for fun

As much as I like my league, it's just not as fun with a bunch of strangers, fighting over waivers for intnl drafted players just isn't the same. Meh.

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to run a keeper league?

I am now the commish of my league and I think I bit off more than I could chew in understanding how it works or implementing it...

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There's a ton of ways to run a keeper league, it depends what the goal is

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Has anyone tried the fantrax app yet?

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Teams waiting forever to put obvious DL candidates on the DL really messes with my ability to make early season pickups lol

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, I'm dropping Betances because of the injury...should I snag one of the maybe closers (or shitty closers like Shane Greene), or should I snag another high K rate ratio helper...I'm torn between Ryan Pressly and Chad Green.

11. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Took JRam at 3 I am so glad he avoided serious injury

12. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Also sounds like most teams can put people on IL starting March 25

David87 likes this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Thank god....on the other hand it doesn't even matter because now I've got like 6 dudes that are DL bound to start the season this escalated quickly

14. David87 Mar 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 25, 2019)
    David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Anyone wanna help me think of a good, punny team name? I've had some really great ones in years past. I try to sneak in historical references when I can, but any type of pun counts.

Some past team names have included MarcelOzuna's Revenge, TippyCano&ShinSuChoo (had to spell it Su instad of Soo due to Yahoo's lame character limit), Anton Segura, Rougned Hodor, etc.

I have a ton of great names on my team but can't come up with a good name

15. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

For those who do daily leagues via Yahoo, what are you waiver rules? I'm trying to fill out the league rules but am confused.

16. T.J.

music and baseball.

I will throw my hat in the ring for a Chorus league. Would be fun.

17. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Another source told me teams don't need to put anyone on the IL until Thursday but the earliest "retroactive" date for 10 day IL stints will be today, March 25.

I'd like to put Lindor and Polanco on my IL asap so I can get some RPs cmon yall.

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We do FAAB daily waivers, we changed to that a few years ago so dudes couldn't scoop up the newest closer when the news dropped at 10 AM that so-and-so's elbow blew up. $100 FAAB. 4 waiver ads per week.

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright as of right now I'm picking between one of these three. I"m still open to other/better suggestions though.

ScreamingIntoTheVoit

Scream Into The Voit

Stream Into The Voit (the vaunted double pun!)

21. T.J.

music and baseball.

LukeIntotheVoitTheVoitLukesBack

Probably too long

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah Yahoo has a 20 character limit on team names:eyeroll:

23. T.J.

music and baseball.

I reallllly hate ESPN's new format.

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

We dropping Andujar? :(

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anyone have a team that needs to be managed? Haven’t been able to play the last couple seasons because I can’t find enough friends that will play the entire season and don’t really want to just join a random ESPN league. Have considered playing daily, but just haven’t really looked too far into it.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.