Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.FM Wellness Challenges [January 2019 - Step Challenge]

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, Dec 28, 2018.

1. dylan Dec 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 2, 2019)
    dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

2019 Chorus.FM Wellness Challenges
    With 2019 around the corner, a lot of us will be setting wellness goals for the year. One of the best ways to make sure you keep up with and achieve your goals is through accountability. So, for the new year we will be running monthly wellness challenges for anyone who wants to participate. This will allow us to work on our goals together through friendly competitions and to keep each other active, engaged, and accountable.

The Challenges
    The challenges will be ran through inKin, which has both Apple and Android apps and an online web portal. inKin allows participants to use a multitude of fitness tracker devices and apps to log their progress and various metrics related to the competitions and wellness goals. Participants who do not have a tracker device or use an app not supported by inKin can still manually enter their metrics into the app and web portal, so if you don't see your device or app supported, you can still participate!

We will have a different challenge each month for the year. This allows all sorts of participants with different wellness goals, activity levels, and abilities to participate. You might do better during some challenges than you do others, but the most important part is that you're working towards your wellness goals.

The metrics available for challenges are Steps, Distance, Calories Burned, and Activity Time. These four metrics are tracked based on your fitness device/app or your manual entry. Challenge rules state that the person with the highest result at the end of the challenge is the winner. So for the challenges the person with the most steps, highest total distance, most calories burned, or highest cumulative activity time logged is the winner.

Schedule:
    Below is the schedule for the year (subject to change based on participants' desire).
    January:
    Steps
    February: Calories Burned
    March: Activity Time
    April: Distance
    May: Steps
    June: Calories Burned
    July: Activity Time
    August: Distance
    September: Steps
    October: Distance
    November: Activity Time
    December: Calories Burned

Winner:
    The winner of each month will get a $10 gift card from the merchant of their choice from me once the winner has been verified by inKin. In the event that I win, the $10 will be rolled over into the next months challenge until someone else wins and then the prize will reset to $10 for the following month's challenge again.

Participants:
    Anyone can request to join at anytime during the year. Participants are not required to participate in every challenge, but are encouraged to do so! To request to join, go to http://app.inkin.com/corporate/2709 .

You'll need to create a profile with inKin and set up your fitness tracker or app to give permission to read your data to inKin. Then request to join the Chorus.FM group. I'll approve you and then send you the invite to the latest challenge.

1. @dylan
    2. @thesoftskeleton
    3. @Garrett L.
    4. @RJ Knorr
    5. @CarpetElf
    6. @iCarly Rae Jepsen
    7. @Dirty Sanchez
    8. @GrantCloud
    9. @Borat
    10. @RJ Knorr
    11. @Kerrbs
    12 @spiffa0
    13. @jfavele
    14. @CyberInferno
    15. @kelseyleigh
    16. @Matt Terry
    17. @terps12

Previous Challenge Winners:
    January:
    TBA
    February: TBA
    March: TBA
    April: TBA
    May: TBA
    June: TBA
    July: TBA
    August: TBA
    September: TBA
    October: TBA
    November: TBA
    December: TBA

Current Challenge: January 2019
    Dates: January 1 - 31, 2019
    Challenge: Step Challenge
    Rules: Participant with the most steps logged at the end of the month is the winner.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I love that you made the fast food challenges and now the health challenge

Mr. Serotonin, bachna84, Ken and 7 others like this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Count me in!

SlappinCups and dylan like this.
  4. dylan

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

@dylan I'm in but I think maybe we should change the gift card so we don't give Jeff Bezos $120 so he could ride an ATV over a poor person's grave or whatever he does

CarpetElf and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  6. dylan

Yeah I've been thinking about that since I posted it, I was just like oh amazon gift cards are easy to get. But, I'll change it to just $10 gift card to whatever the winner wants or something if you have any other ideas?

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

hard to think of other universal places everyone goes to maybe Target or letting people pick works, you know I didn't want to shame

dylan likes this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Count me in Dylan

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

What if for my health I need to burn less calories due to being a shrimp

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

InKin has less than two stars in the App Store and it rated 17+
    :chin:

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Well first of all fuck you
    second of all jk
    third of all you get your own challenge, I don't know if this sounds like a threat or sexual or both

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess I’m in

I usually just do strength training with a side of cardio, but this sounds good 2 me

14. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I am in for sure. Is this app free?

SlappinCups, Dirty Sanchez and dylan like this.
  15. dylan

Yup! I'll send you a PM with instructions.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  16. dylan

you can still join and participate if you want to!

17. Fucking Dustin

Okay I'll do it

Expect the exact amount of effort you should expect from me

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So super competitive?

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

I like to think that everyone will have a slightly different interpretation than everyone else and we all get to decide which interpretation is canon for ourselves

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Garrett

My headcanon is that this opinion is based in a steep love of fan fiction and a very unpopular ship. I always secretly knew you were a Draco Malfoy/Ron Weasley shipper.

SlappinCups and Fucking Dustin like this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

I always wanted Crabbe and Goyle to turn heel (or I guess turn hero?)

Garrett L. likes this.
  22. Garrett

You’re my favorite

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

this is a great idea but signing up for a publicly competitive thing will just give me anxiety because i am the opposite of most people and do best with exercising when it’s my own private little world, i am the true non competitive millennial. good luck y’all

25. Fucking Dustin

I'm the same way about this tbh