Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread Vol. 1 • Page 66

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Randall Mentzos Feb 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah. My experiences with cost were different in Baltimore & DC.

DC - areas like that would be Rockville, Takoma Park, Hyattsville, Alexandria / Arlington VA... these areas were "cool suburbs" that had DC-level culture & entertainment, and that were close enough where you could take a subway downtown. However, even in 2012 or so when I was looking, rent in those areas was like minimum $2400 a month for a house and $11-1300 a month for one bedroom. I can't afford that rent haha. I am priced out of the accessible parts of DC and don't really want to live in box apartments in bad neighborhoods.

My best option to live near DC was to either rent rooms with college students at College Park (not really an option anymore at my age) or to just live in the beautiful countryside of Crownsville / Davidsonville between DC and Annapolis, and literally deal with 45-60 min of traffic when I want to have a night out. Otherwise you better have $$$$$ to get "in" to DC without a stressful ass commute.

Baltimore - Baltimore's north & west suburbs (Kingsville/Carney, Ellicott City) are gorgeous, forested and very hilly, but too expensive. If I had a professional job I'd live up there for sure. That's Baltimore's upper middle class area and they have NICE houses/land.

Baltimore's east & south suburbs (Glen Burnie, Dundalk) are pretty drab and run down because that's like the industrial / seaport workers neighborhoods, historically and some of those have deteriorated into slums.

Downtown Baltimore though, is a lot more charming than people give it credit for & actually had some of the cheapest rents, even in good / safe areas like Mount Vernon, Federal Hill, Hampden, Fells Point. I rented a Mount Vernon 1br apartment at $750 a month and that was the cheapest place I lived in the whole time in Maryland. Everything cool was either walking distance or a 10 minute or less drive. It made the suburbs feel pointless cause even the city has a lot of green space and defined neighborhoods, some of the north side had houses with lawns as well. People are just afraid of it's reputation for crime so property values are low everywhere, you can get a good deal in a fairly safe area.

I moved back to the suburbs outside of Glen Burnie and though I was only 25 minutes from downtown, I foudn myself going out and doing shit a lot less and in general being more of a homebody because my town (Millersville) really sucked. Most of that time I was more likely to just go to a friend's house than go have a night out.

2. Randall Mentzos

I wish more places were like what you describe @Fucking Dustin haha. In my experience, a city's few "good suburbs" cost just as much as downtown.

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yuuuuppp

4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Peruvian chicken rocks. There’s this Peruvian place nearby that sells chickens in halves or wholes and watermelon slushes. So good.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  5. Randall Mentzos

Peruvian Chicken > Thanksgiving Turkey.

That shit is so good.

JRShoenberger likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Two different things homeslice

7. Randall Mentzos Feb 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Roasted meats:

Luau roast pork > BBQ Brisket > Peruvian Chicken > Carnitas > BBQ Pork Shoulder > Prime Rib > Pot Roast > BBQ Ribs > Thanksgiving Turkey > Holiday Ham > Lamb Chop > Barbacoa > BBQ Chicken > Pork Loin > Rotisserie Chicken

8. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Anyways someone let me know when we kick off v2

9. Randall Mentzos

Honestly Los Angeles seems to have cool suburbs. That's one place I'd live outside of downtown, cause there's like 100 towns in greater Los Angeles area that all have their own little strip of LA culture.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  10. Ed Oliver
    Brian Burns
    Anthony Ratliff-Williams
    Eric Berry
    Myles Gaskin

Just posting it again in hopes it’ll help it become reality

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Also, purivian chicken is delicious

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  12. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Did a mock draft on The Draft Network's new tool last night. Got Josh Jacobs in the 3rd round despite then having him as #8 on their big board. Site is slick looking compared to say, first pick, but obviously the AI logic needs some work.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Vol.2 next week?

14. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm game. @buttsaywat has been gchatting me looking to get in on one.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

16. MidDave

He said he'd take the Cowboys, 49ers or Seahawks if no one wants them. He's also willing to take a 2nd if needed.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

He'll take cowboys then @Blimp City Hero

18. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm not doing one next week. It's pointless when free agency is in two weeks.

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yeah I was gonna say....mid-March at the earliest for the next one

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  20. MidDave

I just wanna draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

End of March most likely. Free agency takes some time and we have some big trades that could come up too.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  23. MidDave

But this doesn't come with Randall and Matt fighting about who's a good bad WR. I'm gonna fix the dolphins for you though, please hold.

Edit: They won't let me trade up for Kyler Murray so it's pointless.

24. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. MidDave