Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread Vol. 1 • Page 65

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

People who earn 150k a year but act like a millionaire

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Weird, never heard of anything like that

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. JRShoenberger

Trusted

[​IMG]

PeacefulOrca and Fucking Dustin like this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

I was born in a Pawnee and raised in an Eagleton

PeacefulOrca and CarpetElf like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I guess I was born in the part the raccoons took over and was raised in, i don't know, Donna's house?

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

The series finale of Parks was just on Comedy Central. Such a good ending to the series.

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Cold take: fuck suburbs. City or beautiful countryside only for me. Can you tell I don’t have kids

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

i would never ever live in a city

9. Randall Mentzos

Walking everywhere / taking transit is dope. So is seeing city lights & architecture instead of boring identical looking houses & commercial buildings.

I prefer midsize cities, where it’s still not too hard to live on a quiet street, have parking and have outdoor space (whether that’s a yard behind your row house, a deck on the roof, or multiple parks near your block).

Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, etc. the biggest I’d go is Austin or Seattle. I def think living in, say Houston or Philly or LA would be uncomfortable, I liked visiting DC but I did not like living in that congestion

North Chicago and south Queens / Brooklyn are the only DENSE areas I would consider just to get the full urban experience.

10. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Warm take: suburbs are underrated

Being close to things is cool, but not sharing a wall with a neighbor and not having to pay 3x the cost to do so is also really cool.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I can do that without driving 20 minutes and only being around Chiles and shit

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Yup I agree with this

I love cities and prefer actual city experience but the suburb experience takes too much heat

Joe4th likes this.
  13. Fucking Dustin Feb 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2019)
    Fucking Dustin

Maybe Dallas suburbs are just better than others in terms of things to do and places to eat, idk but I'm ridiculously close to good non-national chain food

whitenblue88 likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

Also 20 minutes of driving is nothing that's just a flaw of you as a person @CarpetElf drive more

15. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yeah same lol, and it’s like that around metro ATL in general. Both in terms of authentic food (there are huge concentrations of Korean and Mexican populations in a couple of the suburbs so the food over there is A+) and the foodie stuff that big cities have

The easy solution to there being Chili’s near you is to just not go to Chili’s

16. Fucking Dustin

I think the revelation we may be stumbling upon is that Jacksonville suburbs are disastrous

CarpetElf and whitenblue88 like this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's one of the few times I meant literally non ironically. The suburb i grew up in was 20+ minutes to anything that wasnt a Walgreens, Harveys, or Burger King. And in general Florida isolates. Check out Deltona. It's the actual worst. And yeah Jacksonvilles are that way too. Chain restaurants and heavy traffic haha.

18. Fucking Dustin

Yeah I think the enemy here is Florida, not suburbs

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Also in most of florida the suburbs are the expensive places haha

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah as Im saying this I agree.

Unless you count Katy as a good suburb. Cause fuck Katy

21. Fucking Dustin

No Katy sucks

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

23. Randall Mentzos Feb 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

I lived "15 minutes away" from cool shit when I lived in College Park, MD. But that sucked because unless you were going out at like 10 pm it was actually 30-40 minutes away due to traffic, construction, lights, parking, accidents... I was 8 miles outside of DC but it was literally faster to walk 30 min to the metro and ride a subway.

Maybe Dallas/Atlanta is different but in the cities I've lived in you only get downtown culture if you live very accessible to downtown. Most places don't have "cool suburbs" haha.

-Granted you could go to the Peruvian neighborhood and get great Peruvian chicken,
    -you could go to Marchone's Italian Delicatessen in the Italian area etc. And those were in the suburbs,
    -Chuck Levin's (a famously huge selection music store) is in a suburb.
    -Alexandria VA is a thriving town across from DC that has some of the best DC culture.
    -Rockville MD / Silver Spring MD are like that too. But those are the MOST expensive suburbs and the MOST traffic to get to them.
    -You had Washington National Harbor in an otherwise desolate part of southern Maryland.
    -Great Falls national park has cliffs and rock-face hiking in the northwest tip of DC.

But all of these things were so spread out from one another anyway that it was better to just live by the metro and take the subway. If you didn't, you didn't really have easy access to any of that. All those areas are crazy expensive because you're paying to avoid the intense traffic. If you live modestly in Greenbelt, you're not gonna go sit in an hour and a half-plus of traffic on a Tuesday on the way to and from the cool movie theatre in Silver Spring.

But I could walk to things like that any time when I lived in downtown Baltimore, or drive a few minutes if there's ample street parking, and I loved that accessibility. Was more motivated to not just... sit at home haha.

There is truth to this however. Florida and the deep south in general is EXTRA guilty of making their suburbs terrible haha. But honestly so does the northeast, I wouldn't want to live in most mid/lower-income Jersey suburbs either tbh.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

Dallas is 100% different. I'm about a 20 minute drive from downtown Dallas, or I can take a train (which also goes straight to American Airlines Center btw so I can go to Mavericks games without dealing with parking). Downtown is EXTREMELY accessible, while also being more expensive than the suburbs, making the suburbs by far the best option.

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

BTW I live in Dallas but also live in a suburb of Dallas, it's weird

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.