Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread Vol. 1 • Page 64

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

And I think Isabella is better than your dime a dozen small college receiver *shrug* we are willing to call Marquise Brown a high second rounder at 160 pounds but the small school deters us from even considering Isabella a good round 4 pick? Come on man haha I've watched plenty of Isabella, the dude has skills that will translate very well to the next level. If I took him in round 2 or something then maybe I understand thinking it's a bad pick. Like, I drafted Ximenes too early probably.

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Browns draft:
    1 (17) - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
    2 (44) - Jeffrey Simmons, DT, Mississippi St.
    3 (80) - Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State
    3 (95) - Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama St.
    5 (145) - Iman Marshall, CB, USC
    5 (156) - Kingsley Keke, DL, Texas A&M
    5 (165) - Marvel Tell III, FS, USC
    5 (171) - Ben Powers, OG, Oklahoma

Bush isn't my ideal 1st round pick, but I felt much better after getting Simmons in the 2nd. Personally, I think Campbell will be like Michael Thomas in being a much better pro than his time at Ohio State. Tytus Howard has the potential to be a good LT and the Browns will likely re-sign Greg Robinson to give him time to develop. I loved the 5th round for value. Marshall has questions, but could succeed in the Browns' zone coverage. Keke wasn't really needed, but I thought the value at that pick was worth it to add even more depth to the interior. Tell could be a future starter and immediately helps against larger receivers. Powers also adds more depth to the interior of the line and, in the future, could be at RG and Corbett at C.

Bucs draft:
    1 (5) - Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
    2 (35) - Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
    3 (70) - Elgton Jenkins, OG/C, Mississippi St.
    3 (74) - Juan Thornhill, SS, Virginia
    4 (107) - Kris Boyd, CB, Texas
    5 (146) - Christian Miller, Edge, Alabama

I really love this draft. Gary should be a nice fit in Bowles' 3-4. While it doesn't seem like they would move McCoy now, Gary still feels like a better fit as a 5-technique in that scheme. Little's a good value at 35 and could immediately step in at LT for Donovan Smith. Jenkins has the versatility to step in on the interior line at RG and could definitely move around in the future if they want to move on from the Jensen/Marpet contracts. Thornhill fills an immediate need at SS and has a great DC to utilize him correctly. Boyd and Miller feel like they could be day 2 picks, so I loved the value there. Boyd gives them height and gives them the opportunity to move Hargreaves back to nickel corner. Perfect fit for Miller as I think he'll be a great edge rusher in a 3-4.

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Marquise Brown isn't good either haha. And is also a dime a dozen.

I don't doubt that you've watched him. That's why I said watch more college football, not more of Isabella.

4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I hate that a good draft is wasted on the bad Bucs.

5. Fucking Dustin Feb 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2019)
    Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah that Bucs draft is excellent

I expect Boyd to go late round 3 but see him as more of a round 4 player so that's pretty good value

Blimp City Hero and CarpetElf like this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Blimp killed it. Browns and Bucs were both very good.

Blimp City Hero likes this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

I completely disagree with your assessment and think it's reductive. Isabella does not look "dime a dozen" at all. I say this because I mostly agree with you that receivers like that get shit out of college programs super often. But you cant just assume ALL of them are bullshit haha, some of those dudes legit turn into great slot receivers. Isabella has excellent body control, is a hands catcher, loves to block, etc. a lot of things most small WR don't show off.

Plus everyone is projecting him to run a 4.3 40' and test well above average in the cone / shuttle. A lot of those guys are just fast downfield, or just quick on short routes... he's both quick and fast.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I mean, that's really not that special though dude haha. That's why I'm saying watch more college football. Guys like Isabella exist everywhere.

9. Randall Mentzos

I guess... I mean, to me the only other slot receiver who's been really impressive is Hunter Renfrow. All the other ones look dime-a-dozen and look like better-college-than-NFL players. Renfrow and Isabella look like they are ready for the league.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well I guess we'll just have to wait until the end of next season or five years after he retires for one of us to admit they're wrong.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Ravens

Clelin Ferrell
    Deebo Samuel
    Erik McCoy
    Chase Winovich
    Lonnie Johnson jr.
    Chris Slayton
    Ben Snell jr.
    Tre Watson
    Keaton Sutherland

Seahawks

Rock Ya-Sin
    Trey Pipkins
    Mike Bell
    Jaquan Johnson
    Justin Hollins
    Maxx Crosby

Wanted to get as close as possible to what the teams would actually do and I think I did that solidly

Made a lot of good Lions and Giants picks but I guess I shouldn't count those

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That is a PAINFULLY Seahawks draft good lord. Julez gets first place for accuracy.

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I was going to have the Seahawks take an rb in the 6th round for good measure, just cause they have to

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

And then cut him and have him ball out in *rolls dice* Oakland

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

But then the rb in the 7th round ends up being the Seahawks starter this year lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

There's a guy named Keaton Sutherland in this draft?

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, not as good as kiefer tho

19. Fucking Dustin

Wtf he's from Flower Mound

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

21. Fucking Dustin

ezmo311, CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

23. Fucking Dustin

Flower Mound has people who can afford to live decently but still can't budget so they blow all their money (aka people like me except with more money)

While Lewisville is the site of a place called Redneck Heaven which is enough to explain its existence

CarpetElf and PeacefulOrca like this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Can't budget? What does this mean?

25. Fucking Dustin

Every suburb is a Pawnee or an Eagleton

CarpetElf likes this.