Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread Vol. 1 • Page 63

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Feb 4, 2019.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Giants select Alex bars, g/t, notre dame

Ravens select kiefer Sutherland, g, Aggies

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

We done

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Rly surprised no one took miles sanders

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Randall who was your guy

5. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I dunno, let’s make 4 more picks and find out

8E2D2B35-51A2-4A10-BA99-4CAEF6FD8DAA.jpeg

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Sounds like the Ravens have improved in counter-terrorism.

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. Randall Mentzos

@CarpetElf who’d you have for Cardinals?

@ClarettsGreyGoose who for Bills?

The other two teams ahead of me are picked by dudes who are very busy so I understand why we just ended it. But I’m still curious if I would’ve really got my guy

8. ClarettsGreyGoose Feb 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2019)
    ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

I was going to go for Jalen Hurd. Probably a reach, but to be honest what else do you go for in the late 5th/early 6th especially with multiple picks per round left except projection/tools and special teams contributions, right?

Additional thoughts he's got a good fit in Buffalo. Beane seems to like larger WRs, he would be able to develop at the bottom of the roster, Daboll would probably have some interesting ways to use his time at RB to manufacture touches, etc.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Panthers
    Browns
    Ravens
    Packers
    Cardinals
    Bengals
    Texans
    Jaguars
    Chiefs
    Steelers
    Patriots
    Bills
    Bonercats
    Broncos
    Rams
    Colts
    49ers
    Eagles
    Giants
    Bucs
    Cowboys
    Dolphins
    Falcons
    Vikings
    Bears
    Raiders
    TItans
    Seahawks
    Chargers
    Saints

10. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Top 3 for me:

49ers
    Carolina
    Chiefs

H/M: Lions

Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  11. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Panthers have a solid A.

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Seahawks being ranked as third to last is the most Seahawks draft ranking ever

13. Randall Mentzos Feb 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Jaguars
    1. Daniel Jones, QB
    2. Kelvin Harmon, WR
    3. David Montgomery, RB
    4. Max Scharping, OT
    5. Terronne Prescod, G, NC State
    **this was my 6th round guy, PFF ranked him the top guard last year & he has the top run blocking grade as well.

If I didn't trade up, would've had Joe Jackson at DE as well, and still got all the same players. Which would've bumped this draft up from a B/B+ to a definite A. But overall our defense is fine, we need to rebuild our offense, I'd be STOKED if the Jags did exactly this.

Chargers
    1. Andre Dillard, OT
    2. Oshane Ximenes, DE
    3. Isaiah Buggs, DT
    4. Andy Isabella, WR
    5. Essang Bassey, CB
    **Also traded for Kiko Alonso at WLB

It's not the best draft, missed a lot of players I was targeting in each round. But I def don't agree with @CarpetElf that it was bad. Isabella and Ximenes are two of my favorite prospects this year, Buggs is being overlooked cause Alabama had so much DL talent, and Dillard is definitely going in round 1 with the kind of feet & agility he has for the OT position.

I gave the Chargers some pieces that'll help them play faster against KC's lightning speed attack. Ximines helps Ingram & Bosa stay fresh to get to Mahomes; Isabella gives them a game breaking slot target & return man who increases their big-play potential; Dillard can stay in front of speed rushers like Dee Ford; Alonso and Bassey boosted the Chargers' coverage against spread formations.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Everything from the 2nd draft on I completely guessed on so I'm sure my drafts ain't good

15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My favorite was the Lions draft probably

16. Randall Mentzos

I think Matt's Bengals draft was excellent in every round

17. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Bills
    1. TJ Hockenson, TE; after trade down from 9 to 13, add pick #78
    2. Garrett Bradbury, OC
    3a. Traded to TB for Gerald McCoy
    3b. Devin Singletary, RB
    4a. Anthony Johnson, WR
    4b. Traded to TB for Gerald McCoy
    5a. Traded to NE for two 6ths
    5b. Sutton Smith, DE/LB
    6a. Would have been Jalen Hurd, WR

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I don't like any of those players and think you drafted, at best, two role players.

19. Randall Mentzos

No wayyy haha. All those dudes would see the field. Dillard & Isabella in particular are players I see becoming starters.

20. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Chiefs Additions:
    Antonio Brown, WR, TRADE
    Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
    Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi St.
    Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
    Carl Granderson, DE, Wyoming
    Nate Davis, OG/OT, Charlotte

How can you go wrong with adding Antonio Brown to the Chiefs offense? Not gonna miss Sammy Watkins one bit. In terms o f prospects, DeAndre Baker and Abram are solid prospects to add to a horrible defense. I like adding Henderson too. Now just need to add a not bad WR in free agency. Also traded Sammy Watkins and Eric Berry to free up room to re-sign Dee Ford.

Patriots Additions:
    Eric Weddle, S, TRADE
    Brandon Williams, DT, TRADE
    Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
    Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
    Gerald Willis III, DT, Miami (FL)
    Clayton Thorson, QB Northwestern
    Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
    Ugo Amadi, S, Oregon

Weddle provides depth behind Chung. Brandon Williams replaces Malcolm Brown and hopefully can be paired with Danny Shelton (Who I plan on re-signing) to form a nice run stopping defense. I drafted with the assumption that Trey Flowers comes back hence no Edge rush. I love adding Murphy to the secondary, Irv Smith helps add depth behind Gronk who's def coming back. Clayton is a QB worth developing. Terry McLaurin can work out well in NE's offense and Ugo is just an athletic switch knife Bill can play with.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Seeing the field =/= role player. Dillard is the only one I think could be a starter and even then I'm not convinced he'd be a good one.

22. Randall Mentzos Feb 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Yeah you're underrating Buggs and Isabella at least. Buggs got moved to an unnatural position because the literal best player in the draft took his place at DT, and still got 9.5 sacks despite not being built to play DE at all. Isabella led the NCAA in receptions & receiving yards last year and was arguably the best WR at the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't take either player early, but at the bottom of the 3rd / middle of the 4th they were both awesome value. The mid rounds were the best value of the Chargers draft imo.

Ximenes was a bit of a gamble, high risk / high reward. But I wasn't trying to draft someone who's gonna start over Ingram & Bosa, those guys are good. I needed a pass rusher to come off the bench and change the flow of the game. Which, Ximenes is more of a hand technician than a downhill bull like Ingram is, so it'd present different challenges.

Same with Bassey at DB, the Chargers don't need a better CB1 or CB2 than Desmond King and Casey Heyward. Already got their two big CBs. They need a guy who can mirror in the slot without tripping over his feet when the Chiefs send speedy guys over the middle. Bassey's only problem is he's undersized, he has excellent twitch, instincts & timing in off-man coverage.

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I wouldn't say he isn't built to play DE in that scheme, firstly. Secondly, being next to Quinnen Williams hurts your argument because Quinnen draws constant double teams.

James Washington, Trent Taylor, Keyarris Garrett, Rashard Higgins, Brandin Cooks

Those were the last five to lead the NCAA in receiving yards. You should watch more college football because leading the league from a MAC team is not impressive, it's borderline expected because you are typically the only option on a pass heavy team in a conference with no pass defense.

Not a fan of either.

24. Randall Mentzos

1) Dude, nah, he's 285 pounds and he isn't long armed. They took an athletic DT and put him at DE where he is slow. If you judge him based on that that's the wrong frame of reference

2) Quinnen's double teams drew coverage away from the other DT, not from Buggs. A T is only ever gonna leave the DE to follow the DT, if they're on the backside of a play that's flowing the other direction.

That doesn't mean Isabella isn't prepared to perform with better competition. What impressed me was how he was the alpha receiver at the Senior Bowl. I really didn't expect that from a small school guy who's built to play the slot. He has ball skills, great speed, and Julian Edelman-like short area quickness. He very well might be one of the most precise route runners in the draft. Any team who wants a slot weapon should be looking at him.

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

These guys are literally a dime a dozen in college football.