Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread Vol. 1 • Page 48

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Feb 4, 2019.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I am not the Chargers

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Randall Mentzos Feb 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 18, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

One of the Chargers biggest needs is to get younger at defensive tackle. They’d also like to generate more game changing sack-production under Gus Bradley, as no Chargers player had more than 7 sacks.

Chargers select Isaiah Buggs, DT, Alabama

The Crimson Tide had more interior DL talent than they knew what to do with. Buggs is under the radar because Alabama misused him as a DE this past year - due to Quinnen Williams having so much success inside. However, he still led the team in sacks with 9.5 - and Saban obviously saw something special in him because he rarely recruits junior college players, let alone do they start on the team right away.

I think he’s a more natural fit inside. He has violent hands, strong arms to stay extended & give him space to work. Definitely built more like a DT at 6’3” 295 lbs. He gets great leverage with a low center of gravity, and does a great job using his outside arm against blockers to stay on the ballcarrier - side of him.

While his athleticism looked pedestrian for a DE, it says a lot about a DT when they can get production on the edge. He’s not “twitchy” and lacks multiple gears to chase plays backside or dodge blockers in space. But he has agility to get lateral quickly to stop the run, and he does have a great initial upfield burst to get in the chest of interior linemen, before they can place their hands.

I see him as either a bigger run-stopping DE, or an aggressive, agile, well anchored 3 technique DT. Gus Bradley loves the versatility either way, as he’s even seen NT snaps at Alabama. His hybrid 4-3 / 3-4 defensive front also gives the 3 Tech DT plenty of freedom to pass rush. This is a good fit to maximize Buggs’ production.

Great value in the late 3rd round. He was one of 10 “standout” players selected at Senior Bowl practices - coaches voted him the “DL Player of the Week” despite Montez Sweat and Charles Omenihu also involved.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

6. Randall Mentzos

Malik Jackson still available for a 4th round pick. Still got a couple players in this draft that I want for Jax haha

7. broken22

(:

The Giants select DeMarcus Christmas, DL, Flordia State

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  8. Randall Mentzos

Hell yeah let's get this mock draft moving, procrastinate your monday morning work tasks!

@tkamB 49ers
    @xbrokendownx on deck for Denver

9. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm really happy with this Henderson pick. Thanks whoever snagged him for me!

Chiefs Additions:
    Antonio Brown, WR, TRADE
    DeAndre Baker, CB, Georgia
    Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State
    Carl Granderson, DE, Wyoming
    Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis

This is not a bad haul for the first 3 rounds.

10. Randall Mentzos

Lol the Chiefs WOULD sign Antonio Brown

Terrifying concept and it sucks that they’ve already proven they don’t give a shit about off field problems

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. MidDave

Lol I literally said in my explanation "the chiefs don't mind wide receivers accused of Domestic Violence." so i figured it made sense.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Steelers would never trade AB to the chiefs IMO but for this scenario it's fun

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  13. MidDave

That's such a dumb mentality if you ask me. (Not you, the hypothetical them.) They're gonna suck anyway so get the best deal you can get and rebuild. Trade Ben. Trade Tomlin. Trade EVERYONE but JuJu.

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Randall Mentzos

I mean they should keep their offensive line. And Conner too along with Juju.

Having a top OL, with very good successors to Bell and Brown already in place, would be a perfect blueprint for continued success under a new QB. The offense’s new playmakers would grow with him in a great environment with a stable pocket and gameflow provided by a veteran OL.

15. MidDave

lol yeah, that's fine. You know what I mean. Old guys from the past gotta gooo.

16. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Lol they’re not gonna suck. They’re up there with ATL for best bet for a bounce back season next year even without AB. Don’t tear it down because of one crappy 5 game stretch

17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the Steelers don't need to and shouldn't rebuild as long as Ben is still playing at a decently high level

whitenblue88 likes this.
  18. Randall Mentzos

It’s kind of like how the Jags do need to blow up their offense, but they could do it and also win games in the process if they kept their defense, Fournette, & the left side of their OL together.

19. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

20. MidDave

Dear Ben,

Only one QB can live forever.

Retire.

Sincerely,
    TB12.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. MidDave

Ruh roh...what did I walk in to? What receipt are you gonna dig up?

22. Fucking Dustin

Nothin just the fact that my offer for Antonio Brown was TECHNICALLY a better offer but I got stuck on a work call and right after the call I saw that y'all had already done a trade for less

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  23. MidDave

Haha okay. i was like "shit, is he gonna dig up some Jimmy G tweet about how smart Bill was to trade him to the 49ers? Did I even say that shit...gotta dig through everything."

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

If we're like 10 hours in someone can tweet Anthony and let him know he's up

25. Fucking Dustin

I'm driving across the state and back at 10am cst so will be afk for 7 hours

Will send a pick to @CarpetElf if picks haven't been made by then for Raiders, and won't pick again till mid-5th so should be fine after that