Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread Vol. 1 • Page 44

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Blimp City Hero, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Damn. He edited the last pick into the first post, and then didn’t pick. That’s cold hahaha

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

The Dangerous Browns select Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

This was a tough one, but I think Parris will remind Dorsey of scouting Tyreek Hill. The only difference being that Campbell has a bit more size. He needs to work on contesting defenders for the ball and more experience in route running simply because he didn't have much variation in them at OSU. However, I think he can make an immediate impact on screens/short passes and deep balls. With Duke and, possibly, Hunt later in the season, the Browns could get real creative with their formations.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Randall Mentzos

Reminds me of the time, (I’m pretty sure it WAS the Browns? Or was it Washington?), when they missed their chance to pick because the clock ran out and the next team took their spot hahaha

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. Randall Mentzos

Oh and then he takes my Chargers pick nice! Hahaha

CarpetElf and Blimp City Hero like this.
  5. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

6. On behalf on Grey Goose....

Minnesota Vikings select Dru Samia, OL, Oklahoma

Vikings need to bolster the OL in a bad way. Samia is undersized but was impressive as a 4-year started for Oklahoma.

ClarettsGreyGoose likes this.
  7. And now for my back to back Falcons picks....

Atlanta Falcons select Joe Giles-Harris, LB, Duke

Giles-Harris was a stud at Duke and one of the better defensive players in the entire conference. He is fantastic value at this point in the draft. Wouldn't surprise me if he turns into a day one starter.

8. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

@Swoos - You might as well go again because it's two Falcons picks again. haha

Edit: Nevermind!

9. Atlanta Falcons select Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State

Tevin Coleman is leaving and they need another compliment back to Devonta Freeman. Justice Hill is a great fit for that role. He will immediately be an impactful 3rd down back because of his receiving ability.

10. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Night Channels likes this.
  11. Randall Mentzos

12. I just realized, on the OP....you have the Jamie Collins trade wrong. Dallas got him, not Carolina haha

13. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

My bad. Fixed!

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Give me a few minutes

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Seahawks select Mike Bell, S, Fresno State

Night Channels likes this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Ravens select Erik McCoy, C/G, A&M

17. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

18. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

The Houston Texans select Connor McGovern - G - Penn State.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I’m assuming @Randall Mentzos still wants to trade for this pick, which would put him otc

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  21. Randall Mentzos

Hey THANKS FOR THIS

and thank you all for waiting an hour after I complained about all of y’all taking your time

The Jaguars have traded picks 108 & 109 for the Bears’ pick 87

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Ravens would like to trade up

23. Randall Mentzos Feb 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 16, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

This Jags draft really fucking needs an offensive tackle.

-Cam Robinson tore his ACL which could stunt his growth. He had a good rookie season but still has raw technique.
    -Jermey Parnell has sucked since he got here. Most obvious player we are cutting to save money.
    -Brandon Flowers needs to walk right back out that revolving door he came in through.
    -Josh Wells is a solid backup but he's due a contract and we are broke.
    -Injury put us through 7 offensive tackles last year, and our 4th round pick Will Richardson never saw the field. The Jags just put him on IR way late in the season, even though his knee injury wasn't season-long. I cannot explain this.

Jaguars select Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois. Idk if he was on anyone else's radar here, but he's the last quality power-blocking tackle on the board imo.

Stupendous resume', he allowed 1 sack in 3 years. And despite an outmatched team, did not allow a single pressure against Brian Burns (FSU), Zack Allen (Boston College), or BYU / Utah. Imo publications aren't giving him enough love, they're nitpicking because the stats are too good to be true and because he's not athletic enough to play on the left side. But in round 3? I say, good thing Cam Robinson is a left tackle. At WORST Max can still kick inside to replace A.J. Cann.

Max is not a clean prospect, his kickslide is stiff and not wide enough, sometimes he'll cross his feet instead of shuffling them to keep up with speedrushers. He's also not terribly athletic & could improve flexibility to sink his hips more consistently, BUT a power blocking team that wants him at right tackle is a great fit that conceals that flaw. He won't be asked to pull block very often, plus he can execute reach blocks & drive blocks in a phonebooth. He's also the only quality "strong guy" left, who wouldn't get FLATTENED by JJ Watt.

Strengths: he's awesome with his hand use & angles, and cunning to know how to get the job done even if it's gotta be ugly. He smacks down inside counter-moves with jab punches, uses his 6'6" length very well on the outside arc, and once his hands are in place he straight up CONTROLS the defender. Also, for some reason every website says he's very even keeled & mentally sound during games, which is good news. Impressively strong hands & long arms, sturdy enough to anchor, and he does the talking in the running game. Right this way, Leonard Fournette.

24. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Updated first post. I'm out for the night, but @Joe4th is up for the Lions.