2019 Chorus Fantasy Football Backup League • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by EntryLevelDave, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite

Yahoo EASILY

2. CarpetElf

cheesecake is better than pie Prestigious

Yahoo is purple and i hate it therefore it is a fact that it is bad.

3. broken22

(:

Vote for ESPN you cowards.

4. Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite

I did vote haha. I was the first vote fool

5. Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite

You only really hate their rankings. We’ve talked about this before. That’s dumb reason to not like the whole app haha. No actually good FF player should be drafting based off “expert” rankings

6. CarpetElf

cheesecake is better than pie Prestigious

This is untrue. My biggest complaint has always been their interface

7. Randall Mentzos Apr 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 30, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite

I really can’t fathom that... their interface is by far the best. You don’t have to open up as many dialogues, easier colors and font to read, the app doesn’t have weird mechanics that slow down your phone, it’s easier to search for players, etc

8. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

By September, your biggest concern will be Randall INYERFACE.

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  9. Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite

Saying you prefer ESPN to Yahoo because of the interface is like saying you prefer Fire Sauce to Mild because you don’t like spicy things. :-p

Not really a surprise that me and @CarpetElf disagree though that’s pretty standard

10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i like for our home to be Los Angeles it is a good place.

OHH you mean website home shoot I dont really care I am fine with whatever.

11. foolton

4 verts Prestigious

last season was the first time I ever played in a league that used yahoo and i'm definitely a convert after a decade of espn. their website isn't great but the app is very good.

CarpetElf and Randall Mentzos like this.
  12. Welp...Yahoo has the majority so we'll be a Yahoo league this year. I'll set it up in a bit. Any other changes people would wanna see from last year?

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I automatically win

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. Nah I remember a lot of people hating the waiver wire.

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'd prefer the format where if you make a claim, you go to the bottom of the list.

16. broken22

(:

The waiver wire sucks.

17. broken22

(:

18. Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite

Guys, fuck regular waivers. Let’s do a free agent acquisition budget

$100 (fake money) for the whole season

Highest bidder wins each player regardless of W/L record, waiver order only matters if you bid the same amount

It’s by far the best and most fair way. It’s strategic and requires discretion. Do you spend $35 of your 100 on that RB who might be a starter for you for several weeks? Or is that too much for a guy who might not keep his starting role? I like the challenge of trying to guess their value

You can also bid $0 and if no one else values or bids on that player, you are the smart one who got them for free

19. broken22

(:

I'd rather keep regular waver wire if that's the case.

20. Randall Mentzos

Fred's still my favorite

Why? I hate the fact that only the top 2-3 teams have a chance at getting the best pickups each week.

I don’t like that regular waiver gives a handicap to teams that aren’t doing well. Meanwhile you can start really strong and have a great W/L record early, but then for bye weeks / injuries you can’t pickup anyone good because you’ve won a lot early on.

FAAB gives everyone the same chance of getting that player. If you value him more, bid higher. It takes raw luck out of the equation and makes free agent pickups more of a strategic move. I don’t think you should get better players automatically just because your team isn’t doing well, haha.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I've always played in leagues with waivers set up that if you make a claim that week, you go to the end of the claim order. That way if you don't make a claim for a week and others ahead of you do, they go to the end and you move up in the order. I've always liked that way of doing it.

broken22 likes this.
  22. broken22

(:

But this also makes it more complicated imo.

23. broken22

(:

Yup me as well, I'm also for just having it rotate each week.