Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread Hockey • Page 74

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 14, 2019.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Don’t encourage him to keep that “bit” going.

SlappinCups likes this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Ovechkin over Kuch, smh

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Can marner sign already?

dandandan likes this.
  5. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

They don't have a choice with so many bad contracts eating up their cap space. Doesn't make a lot of sense to burn money/assets to get rid of Abdelkader or Nielsen either since they're not trying to win now. They also need to pay Mantha/Athanasiou after this year. There's a lot of money coming off the books for them after this season, though and they seem to be building a good prospect pool (although whiffing on the Rasmussen pick hurts).

SlappinCups likes this.
  6. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

The center depth would look a lot more promising had we taken Vilardi or Necas (or Suzuki) right now

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought Rasmussen was a very bad pick at the time.

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2019-7-10_23-21-4.jpeg

Jim likes this.
  9. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

:cringe:

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

And two big time RFA’s that haven’t been signed...

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Why doesn't a team with a lot of space dual offer sheet Conner and Laine? They can't match both.

12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit the blue line has been demolished in Winnipeg.

SlappinCups likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

What is this in reference to? The ESPY’s? I just looked up the award winners and holy fuck this “award show” has like 45 goddamn awards including WWE and bowling :crylaugh:

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

All the best hockey prospect analysts are now behind a paywall, sheesh

SlappinCups likes this.
  15. marsupial jones

Is there a limit on how many offer sheets a team can give out? Figure its mostly a matter of how much cap room you have and what other moves you want to make (like when everyone was making a big deal about Carolina taking all week to respond for Aho so Montreal couldn’t do anything since that was almost all their cap space)

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

When your highlight signing is Anthony Bitetto, you may have had a horrendous offseason.

SlappinCups and PeacefulOrca like this.
  17. marsupial jones

Also it seems like the piece I didn’t see a lot of people talking about with Aho is that he signed that “awful offer sheet” that Montreal gave him. He didn’t have to do that. Allegedly Marner has turned down 2-3 that have been presented, but Aho signed his for Montreal.

Makes me wonder what Carolina was offering or what he thought they would offer that he signed that (and so quickly too).

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2019-7-10_23-33-6.jpeg

I love how NHLN double-lined the additions to make it look more forgiving.

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

No other team probably offered him a chance to get to FA so quickly, canes probably wanted him on a longer deal. That just seems logical, if he waited he may have had less options.

jorbjorb likes this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The jets didn't really have a lot of choice on some of those. They had to make sure no one could take Laine and or Conner. They couldn't do that Hayes deal, they weren't gonna give tanev what the pens did, they tried to keep Myers but weren't gonna give him a fu deal, I'm not sure what's up with chiarot tbh and they weren't ever gonna be able to keep trouba.

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

They would've double-lined the subtractions too but they didn't have enough room.

Richter915 and jorbjorb like this.
  22. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

It was more about term. Carolina was never going to give him five years (makes him a UFA at 25) and were trying to give him the max or a contract that bought up more UFA years. I also doubt they wanted to give him that much bonus money in the first two years & they've been in a pain in the ass to deal with in negotiations. It's a contract they can give out based on their cap situation, though so he probably just wanted a deal done without having to sit in negotiations all summer.

jorbjorb and marsupial jones like this.
  23. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Jets are my #1 trade partner for the Sabres with Ristolainen right now. They really could use the RHD after losing Myers and Trouba. Buffalo has a little bit of cap space where they could afford to take on Mathieu Perreault's $4.125 mil hit for the next two seasons, and have an absolute plethora of bottom/middle 6 guys that could potentially capably replace his role for the Jets.

Ristolainen, CJ Smith and a pick or something like that, whatever balances it out for Ehlers/Copp/Lowry and Perreault. Gimme gimme gimme

jorbjorb likes this.
  24. xbrokendownx Jul 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2019)
    xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

how do you propose you do that considering you need to use your own draft picks with the offer sheet? Unless you mean sign one, have WPG match then immediately sign the other one

you can't sign them both simultaneously unless they are for different compensation amounts

25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I’ll give you all a hint. His name rhymes with Sent Breabrook

Richter915, SlappinCups and jorbjorb like this.