Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread Hockey • Page 73

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 14, 2019.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Juoelevi for Jokiharju, please and thanks

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

That’s weird isn’t Jokiharju good and Nylander not good?

Joe4th, SlappinCups and xbrokendownx like this.
  3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Nylander stinks

Joe4th likes this.
  4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Looking at the Atlantic Division for next year should be interesting. Tampa and Boston are the same mostly. Toronto, depending on the Marner situation, might be worse. Florida and Buffalo both made good improvements. The other three just kind of exist but even Detroit and Ottawa have interesting youth movements even if they’re still going to suck.

SlappinCups likes this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Strap Bowman and Seabrook to a rocket and fire them into the sun

SlappinCups likes this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

The Hockey News podcast brought up a good point about Detroit on one of their episodes - they haven't really done much but it might be so Steve can simply see what's worth keeping on the team after watching it play out this year. no one is expecting miracles in year one, and instead of traded unknown assets, might as well let everyone play and reevaluate at the end of the season (or before the trade deadline) who's worth keeping and who's worth moving.

feels like sometimes teams make moves simply to make moves (for all sports) and it would make sense for Detroit to take it slow and see how it plays out since there are a lot of good / great teams in the east and they aren't going to do much for the next 2-3 years (general consensus seems to be 2-3 years).

7. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Still can't believe that Nylander for Jokiharju was a one for one deal. I didn't like the Nylander pick when it happened and he's done very little since then to change my mind. The flashes were there, and it's difficult for an 18/19 year old to play in the AHL, but he also looked completely disinterested at times in the AHL but then would give it 100% every time he got called up, then follow it up with slacking back in Rochester and that's just not acceptable.

Tim Murray should have picked Sergachev.

Joe4th likes this.
  8. ClarettsGreyGoose

Not sure if Detroit fans are getting impatient but this is definitely the best play for them. After being so good for so long, they ended up with all these vets and not many good prospects. Slow playing a rebuild is going to make it so they could potentially dominate long term again once the new wave of prospects are ready, and if they time it right they should be able to bloom right as Tampa and Boston have to dismantle and rebuild themselves.

IF (big if of course) Detroit, Buffalo and Ottawa could all nail their rebuild it would be super interesting for the division race in a few years

SlappinCups likes this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah there’s literally zero reason for the Wings to make stupid signings to try and compete this year. Take the time, rebuild, see what you have in the young players, evaluate, and go from there. I hate all the people I deal with daily saying we should be making huge moves right now. That’s not how that works

SlappinCups likes this.
  10. ClarettsGreyGoose

Just point them at the Tim Murray Sabres for an example of what happens when you tear it down and then punch the gas pedal before it's time

Joe4th likes this.
  11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the best way to rebuild is be patient and take your lumps for 2-3 years and strike when you are able to

I think the Rangers and Devils recently have done good jobs in this regard

Joe4th likes this.
  12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

There are a handful of smart folks, the rest are hockey men

Richter915 and jorbjorb like this.
  13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'll miss him

Contender and jorbjorb like this.
  14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

jorbjorb likes this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

With what cap space lol

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Big boy season

jorbjorb likes this.
  17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Totally missed that Heinen extension last night. I’m happy with it. However Boston now has 7 million to sign Carlo and McAvoy.

Thanks for everything Torey, hope wherever you get traded to treats you well :’(

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

That’s....actually not bad

DeathOrGlory likes this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder if Lexington likes it

21. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

there's no way lexington is a hockey market right

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Why not? okc has a basketball team

23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

fresno needs a hockey team

24. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

petroleum country is prime basketball country

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

Richter915, dandandan and SlappinCups like this.