Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NHL Season Thread Hockey • Page 236

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by xbrokendownx, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Fuck Patrick Kane forever

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

When a close friend of mine played for the Blackhawks, he got us passes in Detroit to go down and meet the team after the game. My girlfriend at the time and I met every player and coach from the Red Wings and Hawks, and every single one of them stopped to sign autographs for and take pictures with the little kids down there. Toews literally had to be ushered away by a few people when it was time for the team bus to leave.

Kane was the only one who didn’t stop. He walked right by and wouldn’t even look at the people waiting, despite two young kids in Hawks jerseys excitedly shouting “Patrick! Patrick!”

Joe4th likes this.
  3. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

Simply incredible

Richter915 and 333 GANG like this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Patrick Kane At 1,000 Points – Faxes from Uncle Dale

“I wouldn’t say time has healed the wounds so much as scabbed them over. It’s easier to watch Kane play now than it was in ’15-’16, when his MVP season not only seemed to be goals for the Hawks but scoring points for the Barfstool and the like crowd and something of a stab wound every time. I don’t feel that way now, but there are moments where it’s still uncomfortable. The whitewashing of it all in most people’s minds still irks me, even if it’s not as much as before. Seeing either kids or grown adults in #88 jerseys still gives me pause, as I can’t be sure it’s not just admiration for the player but also a middle finger to anyone who would think about him in a broader context. They’re still out there, too.

And maybe that’s not on him personally, just the crowd that came running to his defense. Maybe Kane’s different now than he was then. Maybe actually seeing the possibility of losing it all changed his ways. I don’t really care anymore. My guess is that the Hawks are better at hiding it and keeping him on lockdown, but nothing would surprise me. Getting into your 30s changes everyone.”

5. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Same thing happened when I took a relative down to meet the hawks after a game as well. He got pics with most of the team that walked by but one of them walked on by the entire group that was waiting...

333 GANG likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

7. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Just like the Winnipeg Jets before them.

8. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

It kind of sucks how many kids who play hockey look up to Patrick Kane around here because he's straight up not a good person. He was on thin ice with the Hawks after the Madison episode and they almost traded him after that. Then they started winning and it took a rape accusation for him to get himself in check. Even if he is just an introverted douchebag now instead of an entitled dickwad who treats everyone like shit.

9. CobraKidJon

10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

11. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

12. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

NHL making sure Ovi goes to all star game next year by just bringing the game to him. LOL

jorbjorb and SlappinCups like this.
  13. MexicanGuitars

SlappinCups likes this.
  14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

former Devils great Sheldon BRookbank

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  15. MexicanGuitars

This is even funnier with his 0 Cups.

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Kovalchuk listed 3rd lol

get out of here

17. CobraKidJon

what kinda stuff is this

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

Hope Kovalchuk comes to Winnipeg. Atlanta Thrasher legend.

Richter915, Joe4th and SlappinCups like this.
  19. MexicanGuitars

Color me shocked

20. jorbjorb

7 rings

Just 5 games is disgusting. Fuck that league.

SlappinCups and MexicanGuitars like this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

fuck voracek that was bullshit

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

has lovejoy always looked like such a dweeb?

upload_2020-1-21_20-24-3.png

23. Justin Williams :)

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

probably but I can only remember him with an absolutely enormous face after getting hit by a puck and then flying in an airplane.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Bummer loss but Voracek is still scum