Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 842

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Still thinkin about the squatty potty

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lombardi was talking about a WR that may get traded that would shock everyone on his podcast

3. broken22

(:

Don't be surprised if Howie pulls a deal off for Clowney.

oldjersey likes this.
  4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Mike Evans for Melv Gordon who says no

5. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

dude you keep saying this but the Eagles have probably the deepest DL in the league and dont they not have any cap space?

FTank likes this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I am far from an expert on this stuff but I believe Carson's contract doesn't kick in till next year so they have cap room. It's nearly a foreign language to me though

7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

right but next year they are nearly $10 million over the cap already as of now

unless they plan to just trade for Clowney for this year? Which doesn make a lot of sense

8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

lol!

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The eagles never replaced Bennett

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I mean I guess trade for him, see how he does, and make the cuts next year if need be. Sounds insanely high risk though if they give up anyone or anything big haha

11. broken22

(:

They have around 20 million in cap space, they need pass rush help.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He got hurt 6 games in I think it was

15. socklord

Trusted

Eagles have a deep defensive line/pass rush rotation, headlined by Cox, Graham, Jackson, and Barnett. Not to mention their young players have shown fairly well this preseason. As for if they replaced Bennett or not, I think they did with the addition of Jackson.

I don’t see them making a move for Clowney. Besides, hasn’t he been a more effective run defender than pass rusher anyway? That’s what I’ve heard a lot whenever I read up on him, especially at PFF.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  16. broken22

(:

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, huge make or break season for him. People have been justifying his mediocrity up until now. I think he has tons of upside though

broken22 likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

He looked a lot better as a rotational pass rusher in his first season, when they had a lot of depth.

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Trades normally happen as preseason comes to a close, though. Doesn't mean it'll be any big names, necessarily.

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Barnett is going to play a lot more this season than his previous ones (in terms of snaps), which I think helps him.

21. broken22

(:

For what it's worth, I heard Brandon Graham and some others say Bennett wasn't a fit in the locker room.

22. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I don’t think the Eagles get Clowney but I have no idea where the ideology is coming that they’re deep on the DL.

Their outside pass rush is one of the Top 3 weaknesses on the team...perhaps second right behind their absolutely shit LB depth.

Depth last year? Absolutely. Depth this year? Wut?!?

broken22 and PeacefulOrca like this.
  23. socklord

Trusted

Cox, Jackson, Graham, Barnett, Curry, and Jernigan, among others don’t make for a deep defensive line? This is the first time I’ve ever seen anyone doubt the Eagles’ current DL depth.

I get the concern at outside pass rush because Barnett has to prove his worth this year and who knows what Curry has left in the tank (though he’ll just be a rotational player), but outside pass rush being a concern does not mean there is not depth along the defensive line.

Plus, Cox is one of the best pass rushing defensive interiors in the league and Jackson is quite good in that department as well. Not many strong interior pass rushers out there.

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

The dolphins best pass rusher might be Nate orchard

Think about that

25. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Well I think we all already know the Dolphins are going to be a bottom 5 team in the league so this makes sense.

Vinny Curry stinks out loud. He's being brought into to essentially soak up the snaps that Chris Long & Michael Bennett got last year and he'll make a play every now and then but more often then not, you won't hear from him. I'm a lot more comfortable with the Eagles interior DL than I am with the outside pass rush.

BG is a nice player but he's so streaky. I have no idea what the hell to expect from Barnett coming off his big injury. There is a lot of question marks there and if they are all sufficiently answered then yes, they have the ability to be loaded but as I sit here today on August 23rd and try to convince myself that they are "loaded" I just can't do it.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.