Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 678

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Like they could have dropped to 6-10 for a lot of reasons, you’re really reaching to say it’s because the runningbacks... were better?

2. Randall Mentzos

Oh yeah wins and losses aren’t a good metric of how well a team plays. Wins don’t matter right?

Lol. We can be done. That’s fine. I think your argument is just as ridiculous as you think mine is.

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

CAN CONFIRM.

GrantCloud and socklord like this.
  4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I don't honestly know what the argument is anymore

5. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Pls keep this going

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. Randall Mentzos

Tbh focusing on the Lions and not the teams who actually win by running the ball is seriously manipulating and cherrypicking context to fit your point, rather than looking at the big picture

Every team who is getting 13+ games per season out of a top 10 RB became a better team because of it. But let’s ignore all those and talk about the team that has sucked at running since fuckin, Barry Sanders as an example of why run-first doesn’t work. Yeah okay.

7. socklord

Trusted

I’m so glad that the Eagles have a good head coach, front office, and use analytics so I don’t have to watch them operate their offense with an archaic scheme

8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

GrantCloud, Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  9. socklord

Trusted

I used the Pats and Saints, but you weren’t having it

10. socklord

Trusted

I’m not arguing that the Lions are a good team. I’m just arguing that they had a good pass offense for a couple years without a good run game

11. Fucking Dustin

GrantCloud, Joe4th and Max_123 like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Sorry Joe

GrantCloud, Joe4th and Max_123 like this.
  13. socklord

Trusted

Anyone see The Lion King yet?

14. Randall Mentzos

Still you’re using passing teams as examples and ignoring ALL the running teams. It works for them because they have the QB to pull it off. This is a point you keep consistently ignoring. You can’t ignore all the good run-first teams if you’re gonna argue that run-first doesn’t work. That’s definitely cherry picking. The Rams were dominant and hardly lost with Gurley. Without him they are an average team. That speaks volumes about how much they need a Gurley to be competitive.

I think the chances are much higher that he gets healthy and returns to form, than the chances that they’d be able to replace him... so I still support that resigning.

15. Fucking Dustin

Nope but I know what happens in it

GrantCloud and Max_123 like this.
  16. Fucking Dustin

Mufasa gets defeated by a good run game

GrantCloud, Joe4th, Max_123 and 2 others like this.
  17. socklord

Trusted

GrantCloud and Fucking Dustin like this.
  18. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

19. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Okay....well...a couple of things:

1) Maybe teams should try doing things like the pats since ya know, they win.
    2) I think you're mistaking my original argument. I didn't say it's easy to find a running back. What I said is, it's easier to find a new running back than it is to find a running back who will be so incredibly good, that they'll be the only one in the league to break the bank and have it NOT be a mistake.
    3) "That strategy only works for the few teams who pass well enough to not need a good RB." - Weird how the teams that win the Super Bowl pass well. Ya know the last time the rushing leader won the Super Bowl in the same year? 1998.
    4) Contracts are not dished out based on what a player has done. They are based on what they are projected to do. And Running Backs are always projected to break down. So why in the hell do you want to tie up a huge chunk of your cap so you can split snaps with C.J. fucking Anderson.

socklord likes this.
  20. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Am I the only one who doesn’t hate the 18 game proposal

21. MidDave

Also, I reject that I think every team should build like the Patriots. I have said countless times that the model in today's league is to draft well at QB, load the fuck up while he's cheap and make hay then. Does that sound like the Patriot model? The Patriots are a unique situation. I'm not an idiot. They have the GOAT who does it as a hobby because his wife is a kazillionaire. It'd be unrealistic for the lions to say "we're gonna draft a Hall-of-Famer in the sixth round, depend on his supermodel wife to pay him so we don't have to and stack Lombardis"

That doesn't mean there aren't things that can be learned from the most successful franchise in league history. Some things teams do are incredibly stupid no matter who they are. Some things the Patriots believe in are incredibly smart despite the fact that they're the Patriots.

Paying a Running Back top of the league money is asking for trouble. Tying up 40% of your cap in the itty bitty top of your roster is asking for trouble. Paying a player a contract they can't live up to is asking for trouble. Holding on to a player too long is worse than losing them too early. I don't think these are absurd team-building philosophies.

22. MidDave

My boss likes it. Thinks it's an interesting wrinkle to the chess match. I hate it because TB12 will get extra rest towards the end of the year, win another Super Bowl and everyone will be in my face saying "there go the Pats benefitting from the league again."

Owlex likes this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

I think you are

Max_123 and Owlex like this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

That would be terrible for you I can imagine

GrantCloud and Max_123 like this.
  25. MidDave

I'm on my bullshit today. I'll go paragraph for paragraph I don't care haha

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.