Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 674

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

All new people are welcomed as long as they believe Dak Prescott sucks.

Owlex, Jim, brentkid and 2 others like this.
  2. socklord

Trusted

Which makes the contract look even worse in hindsight.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

In the grand scheme of things, I think they could get all the contracts done that they need to. If you have players like Whitworth and Goff you make moves to get the space for it. But it's still a lot of movement you probably don't wanna deal with.

4. broken22

(:

All new people are welcome as long as they believe Nick Foles is better than Tom Brady.

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

RBs deserve to get paid more. QBs should be paid less. My argument has literally never been "don't pay people". It's "why the hell would you give top three money to a player that might not even be top 10?" Which is for some reason controversial. Like, Joe Flacco gets paid more than any defensive and non-QB offensive position player aside from Khalil Mack. That's stupid.

The argument for RBs goes both ways. The Chargers should re-sign Gordon but thinking you need an elite RB to win is false.

Zach and disambigujason like this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

For ex I think if the Cowboys tried they probably COULD keep Prescott, Cooper, and Elliott. I just don't think it's worth the depth they'd lose out on (especially considering their depth in certain areas is one of their biggest strengths).

socklord likes this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

I didn't read a word @CarpetElf just posted and assume he's agreeing with me on all matters

Max_123 and CarpetElf like this.
  8. broken22

(:

I have my doubts about Gurley being able to stay healthy.

9. socklord

Trusted

I'm sure they'll figure it all out because some of those players are old like Whitworth, Talib, and Weddle, but you're right when you say it's a lot of movement they probably don't want to deal with. They're playing for right now and I don't blame em, but that mentality is going to catch up with them soon, perhaps as early as next year.

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Now imagine giving Gurley gets hurt this year and they give him 30+million a year the following year.

11. Fucking Dustin

Yeah I know it's premature to call it and calling it is what resulted in Adrian Peterson running over everyone not named Eric Dickerson for a year but I think Gurley's peaked and we'll forget about him in a couple years

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. broken22

(:

It wouldn't shock me since that's how the league works.

13. socklord

Trusted

I agree that RBs deserve to get paid more. I supported Bell's motives last year and I support Gordon's now too. It's just a shame because, from a roster construction and analytical standpoint, they don't play a valuable position. I also agree that QBs breaking the bank every year is part of the problem. It's no wonder the Pats have been as successful as they have been for as long as they have when Brady isn't out there breaking the bank like most other QBs are.

14. broken22

(:

Yep. I hate to agree because I love the dude and unfortunately he's starting to get bad knees.

15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

If Gurley can't come back from the injury then yeah, that sucks, and it's going to make that contract look like a huge mistake, but at the time there was no reason to believe he couldn't deliver.

GrantCloud, CarpetElf and broken22 like this.
  16. socklord

Trusted

I don't think anyone here has expressed any doubt that he could deliver when he got that contract. We're just saying it wasn't a smart financial decision, especially when they knew of his knee concerns when he came out of college.

17. broken22

(:

Now if Melvin Gordon does get traded I think the Bears would make sense.

18. MidDave

Gotta love that Giselle money!

socklord likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

I have an idea I'm working out on my head that would result in everything being better for RBs but it's not fully formulated yet

But yeah RBs deserve more when they're playing at high levels which unfortunately coincides with their rookie contracts and that's the real problem

GrantCloud and socklord like this.
  20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Sorry in advance

[​IMG]

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  21. socklord

Trusted

I think the Bucs make the most sense. Texans could be a sneaky landing spot too maybe?

22. Fucking Dustin

I really don't think we (I'm a Texans fan sadly) do any big deals till Caserio is here*

23. MidDave

Can we just talk about for a second how Peyton Barber was a top 20 rusher last year?

socklord likes this.
  24. broken22

(:

I forgot about the Bucs, maybe the Packers as well.

25. socklord

Trusted

That would be the wise decision, especially with Miller there, despite his mediocrity, and I'm sure they want to see if Foreman can do anything at all before reloading at the position

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.