Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 624

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Damn it, now i'm on grammar patrol and realize the "he sucks" is referring to Dak when I meant it to refer to me.

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Unpopular opinion but I don’t think I could function without a car and am fine with that

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I drive 45-55 minutes each way to work and I don't live in a city so yeah I need my car

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I work from home and I still feel constant anxiety when I don't have a car available to me

5. EntryLevelTank

I could never live without a car. I'd feel trapped.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel that same anxiety as well. Even something like leaving your car at a bar and taking Uber home, I feel weird the whole next day until I Uber to get my car back, even if I don't need my car that day.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I need a car but i dont want to have to rely on a car

8. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I always need a car, but I don't care about getting some luxurious car. I've had 5 leases in my life and they've all been Honda Civics... and they will continue to be. haha

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I do still drive enough that I want my car to feel like a couch someday haha but I don't care about speed or any shit like that

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  10. EntryLevelTank

My car is a shitbox lol. I bought a cheap as car to get out of a payment to put more money towards medical debt

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I just did a search and found a used 2017 Nissan Rogue that would be about $250 per month, which is a great deal.

12. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Driving to a bar is so foreign to me haha, it's weird to me to see a bar with a parking lot

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Niiiice

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I almost always go home first and then Uber, but sometimes I REALLY need a drink and just drive there to get my car the next day.

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Seattle's Rail System is light years behind other major cities so you pretty much need a car around here unless you live in the city itself.

I suppose you could always take a bus since their bus system is top notch but I'm not trying to get shanked by a hobo so no thanks.

marsupial jones and spiffa0 like this.
  16. I bought a Ford Explorer in anticipation of having two kids but I only want one now so I'll downgrade at some point

17. broken22

(:

I get anxiety when I drive on highways.

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. Randall Mentzos Jun 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2019)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Most of y’all would hate to be me right now

Insurance didn’t cover an accident I got into so after having a car since I was 19, I now don’t have one

ATL
    This is what accelerated me moving to Atlanta. I can walk or take MARTA to almost every cool part of the city. Both my jobs are less than a 10 minutes walk away and I can get to 3 different cultural strips with bars, shops, and venues within a 20 minute walk. I’m not “trapped” at all, I can do everything I need to do, the main issue is I have to add a Lyft ride when I go shopping because I can’t just carry tons of shit home.

JAX
    In Jacksonville, holy shit. I worked “close” and it was still more than a 45 minutes walk in super humid 95 degree weather with no tree cover. That was depressing. There aren’t like, cultural spots all over town so you’re mostly just walking on busy roads. Also the bus sucks, you be waiting an hour for transfers sometimes

And the thunderstorms are so bad that not using Uber / Lyft isn’t an option. You try to take an umbrella, that shit is getting blown out of your hand and the rain is still hitting you sideways.

19. Randall Mentzos

I’ve ridden Seattle’s bus. It’s fine. A lot of professionals wearing shirt and tie rode it, even at night. It was NOTHING like riding the bus in DC / Baltimore / Philly.

It really is top notch, buses come every 5-10 minutes everywhere and a day pass with unlimited rides / transfers is $2.50

To be honest I’d rather live where I am and not have a car, than live where you are and deal with north Atlanta sprawl and traffic every day

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, if I was a 10 or 20 minute walk from the majority of things I needed then it wouldn't be a nightmare to not have a car. But that just is basically impossible in DFW.

21. When you live in the burbs you need to have a car. My city dwelling days are over.

22. Randall Mentzos

Mine are just getting started haha. I’ve wanted to return to city living since the day I moved out of Baltimore.

It’s so great here there are no cookie cutter neighborhoods with the trees razed down. A walk in every direction is beautiful and filled with parks & trees & birds. Also urban markets >>>>>>> shopping malls & department stores. But when I need to get groceries / go to Target that’s also only a 20 minute walk.

Bike / pedestrian trails that connect the whole city are a 5 min walk away; and if you don’t have a bike you can rent one, or a motorized scooter. The MARTA rapid rail station is a 10 min walk away.

23. Randall Mentzos

I can’t say enough good things about East Atlanta, I just fuckin love it

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. I loved living in Pittsburgh and do miss it. But I wouldn't want to raise my kid in the city. City schools are not great (typically), and I'm not sending him to private school.

25. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I live in the burbs and have a park with a trail literally a 2 minute walk away. Plus, a bigger park with miles of trails at just a 5 minute drive.

whitenblue88 and Randall Mentzos like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.