Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 1610

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Max_123, preppyak, uuu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, Cowboys averaged 10-11 wins the first three seasons with Zeke, including two division titles and a playoff win, so that tweet seems silly to me.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Duck or Kyler?

5. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Kyler.

6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

QB extensions are a dammed if you do, damned if you don’t kind of thing for those guys who aren’t an absolute slam dunk like Mahomes. If you extend them, you’ve got to consistently hit in the draft to replace those good but not great contributors you can no longer afford to keep because the QB isn’t a lock to be able to carry a team with holes. If you don’t, you need to be elite everywhere else plus have to draft at least an adequate QB who can grow into the job, or you have to nail the QB replacement pick. For most teams who already have the QB (like the Cowboys and Dak), that first option is the path of least resistance for sure

Max_123 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  7. marsupial jones Dec 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2019)
    marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

@CarpetElf @Dinosaurs Dish

I think Kirk Cousins fits the discussion/debate you were having (idk, I skimmed your back and forth).

Cousins was/is a QB that put up big numbers but had never won a big game and never won more than 9 games in a season and never won a playoff game before signing a huge contract with Minnesota.

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm gonna go no.

9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

CarpetElf and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

11. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Weird feeling the Chiefs are going to be one and done and that breaks my heart.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Though we have Mahomes, so things could be worse.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. socklord

Trusted

Fuck the chiefs

Max_123 likes this.
  14. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

:(

socklord likes this.
  15. socklord

Trusted

uuu likes this.
  16. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Top 5 was bad but if I redrafted the 2017 draft and Mahomes / Watson got taken 1 & 2 as they should.... Fournette is still at least top 15. And I only say 15 and not 10 because he had injury concerns.

Like, to raise the ante, I definitely don’t think a player as talented as Zeke (if he didn’t have off field issues or injury problems) should fall out of the top 10 period.

17. Randall Mentzos Dec 10, 2019
    Randall Mentzos

But yeah if you’re top 5 and you want a runningback generally you should trade down. Waiting for the teens is totally kosher imo.

I just don’t agree that the second / third round backs are always necessarily gonna fill the same every-down, lead an anemic offense, role that a first round back will. I really think Kamara and Hunt were only so much more successful than Fournette because they went to absurdly efficient passing offenses that throw to RB a lot and force opponents to back off the run. If the roles were reversed and they had to run on the Jags I feel like Kamara wouldn’t even get nearly as many chances to show off his open field talent.

And like pick 10 was a touch early for Gurley (also due to injury) but if we’re talking strictly talent? Imo that’s about perfect value

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Myles Garrett
    Jamal Adams
    Christian McCaffrey
    Patrick Mahomes
    Marshon Lattimore
    Deshaun Watson
    Tre'Davious White
    TJ Watt
    Budda Baker
    Ryan Ramczyk
    Juju Smith Schuster
    Alvin Kamara
    Cooper Kupp
    Chris Godwin
    Kenny Golladay
    Eddie Jackson
    George Kittle
    Desmond King

That's 18 I would DEFINITELY take before Fournette in hindsight

Malik Hooker
    Evan Engram
    Jabrill Peppers
    Dalvin Cook
    Dalvin Tomlinson
    Zach Cunningham
    Kareem Hunt
    Shaquill Griffin
    John Johnson
    James Conner
    Aaron Jones

And another 11 that could go either way.

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Who named Cook was taken at 17?

20. Randall Mentzos Dec 10, 2019
    Randall Mentzos

Me and Matt further discussed. I’d take Fournette over King, Jackson and Golladay. If he didn’t have injury concerns, I’d take him over Juju and Godwin and Kupp as well, but I’m fine with them going first considering Fournette appeared likely to miss at least 25% of his games. Everyone else is definitely above him so my opinion that Fournette belonged between pick 10 and pick 15 stands.

i think Kamara over him is obviously fair, but I also think my point that Kamara wouldn’t be nearly as good on a team that isn’t elite at passing is also fair.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I can't picture living in a world where you think Conner is a coin flip to Fournette.

GrantCloud, CarpetElf and preppyak like this.
  22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yeah, I think these are objectively bad answers, if we're talking redraft. Cook is more injury prone than Fournette. Kareem Hunt will be off your team in 1.5 years because he assaulted a woman. James Conner will do less than Fournette in their 13 game seasons, and be as injury prone. Evan Engram missed nearly a season's worth of game in 3 years...and Fournette's rookie year matches Engram's season in catches and yards for 2 of those 3 years.

Point obviously still stands that you might not take Fournette in Round 1 of that draft, but I 100% wouldn't take any of those four guys either.

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  23. socklord

Trusted

I see that we’ve returned to the Fournette discussion again

See you all in hell

Max_123, CarpetElf and GrantCloud like this.
  24. Do you all think theres more than one way to build a team ??????

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

preppyak and CarpetElf like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.