Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 1301

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Ken Drake to Lions?

3. socklord

Trusted

I don't think the Eagles are in need of a "rebuild," but they certainly should make some big changes after this season (or during it in some cases). They can start by firing one of Schwartz or Groh now and the other after the season. Schwartz's scheme continues to frustrate the shit out of me, while Groh isn't contributing much considering the offense looks exactly the same as last year and has struggled since losing Reich. Part of that blame falls on Doug, sure, but the OC should be the first to go before I really start questioning Doug (who I really don't have a big problem with right now). Beyond the coaching staff, Eagles need to start getting younger on this roster and move on from some aging vets.

Starting on offense, they clearly have their QB, they have a mostly great OL, and they have a great TE duo, but RB and WR need to come into question. The only RB they have under contract beyond this year is Sanders and I pray that, with all the other needs this team has, they don't pay up in free agency or the draft for a RB when they've been adamant about using an RBBC approach. At WR, I still have no clue why they fully guaranteed Alshon's contract for the 2020 season, but whatever I guess. They have to determine if they want to exercise DJax's 2021 option year by March and I don't think they should. I'm over this team bringing in aging veterans at WR hoping they'll provide some sort of spark. They need to start nailing draft picks or acquiring young players in FA. It blows my mind that the only WR in the Howie Roseman era to be drafted and earn a second contract from the Eagles is Riley fucking Cooper. Scout and draft better.

On defense, lord, this team needs a lot of help. I think the team should keep Cox and Graham around, but they need to figure out what to do at the other DT and DE positions. I would not be against the Eagles not picking up Barnett's option at this point in his career, as he has yet to live up to his round one draft cost. Jackson has option years left on his contract and I think the Eagles should just cut the line on him and draft someone younger at DT, or even at DE and just move Graham inside at DT more. Linebacker is a huge question with Bradham our only legitimate long term player and even he's just on a bunch of option years and his contract is more beneficial to get out of after the 2020 season.

As for the secondary, just move the hell on. Let Darby go. Let Mills go. Scout and draft corners better. I mean, how the fuck do you take Sidney Jones in the second round and then don't play him against Dallas last night but put Craig James in over him? How?! Is Jones just a bust? Maybe, but I'm also willing to put the blame on the coaching staff because Schwartz and Undlin aren't putting him, or any other corner on this team, in position to succeed. I'm not sold on Douglas as a starter. I think he blows. He can't keep up with any WR that uses speed in their game. He's a situational corner that can play physical, but gets burned easily. Maddox is okay, but we haven't seen much from him yet. McLeod is going to be a FA after this season and I'm not against the Eagles letting him go either. As for Jenkins, he's worth keeping around for 2020 if we let McLeod go, but he hasn't been great despite his consistency (at least he can stay on the field and this secondary needs a guy like that). I wish the Eagles had addressed safety in the draft this year, but :shrugs:

This is becoming a huge wall of text and I'm sorry. I have so many more thoughts that I didn't squeeze in this post because this is just a brain dump for me right now. I'm at the point where I'm glad the Eagles didn't trade away those draft picks for Ramsey because I want to believe in Howie and the scouting team's ability to nail future draft picks. I almost hope that they don't add anybody before the trade deadline at the cost of high draft picks because, as broken22 said, the problems the Eagles have right now are too great for just one or two players to fix. I hope the Eagles address WR as well as pretty much any position on defense, especially CB, in the 2020 draft. At least we have four picks within the first two days of the draft. I don't think the Eagles are ~bad~ but they sure as hell aren't good. I really hope the team re-evaluates this offseason.

I'm sad.

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

damn you went full @Randall Mentzos

6. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. socklord

Trusted

Max_123, SpookinCups and GrantCloud like this.
  8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

9. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Vikings have a pretty soft schedule. Cousins will regress but end up with a nice looking year statistically, probably one that looks better than he really is.

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

it’s okay you just gotta let it out you know

socklord likes this.
  11. socklord

Trusted

Thank you, I needed to hear that

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Cousins has too incredible of an offense to be anything but incredible himself. Cook/Diggs/Thielen/Rudolph/Irv should be a top five offense.

GrantCloud likes this.
  13. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Lol I actually love it when other people get that in-depth. It’s way better analysis than the bullshit they fart out on ESPN / NFLN

If this was real life yeah I wouldn’t talk for 30 minutes without letting anyone speak hahaha. But on a forum people can read at their leisure, or decide not to read at all, so I feel like I can share my full opinion without actually dominating the conversation.

14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah I love reading in depth stuff on here

Randall Mentzos and CarpetElf like this.
  15. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Ya’ll want some in depth patriots thoughts??? Lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Nah we are good

17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Yeah break em down for us

SpookinCups, Max_123 and GrantCloud like this.
  18. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

They’re good. Not as good offensively as usual, but their defense is very good. They’ve lost two defensive coordinators this year and are being lead by two first time coaches and they’re still very very good. Wynn and Harry coming back will be a big help.

TB12 is finally starting to trust Jakobi it seems. That’s very important. Watson at tight end is also a big help as they were getting zilch from that position. He’s at least a pro football if by end.

I don’t see them making any big splashy trades. I think they’ll trade for a low cost blocking tight end and consider Harry as their wide receiver acquisition.

the defense is just so fucking deep it’s unreal. They lost Chung who is a top player for them, didn’t even bother playing a safety most of the game and it was like it didn’t matter.

19. Lol Vikings

20. Also time for some freezing cold takes lol

21. Also holy shit what a throw

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

LOL Vikings? Nah man, at least they're paying TALENT. Fucking Atlanta with negative eight million and a 1-6 record lol.

23. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

I was wondering how Atlanta got so high on that list but I forgot Ryan, Julio and Matthews cap hits double next year.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Atlanta should in all honesty blow it up entirely.

Ridley, McGary, Lindstrom, Hooper, Jarrett, Jones, and Neal are the only starters that need to be kept on this roster. Seriously just trade everyone else.

Randall Mentzos and GrantCloud like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.