Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 1240

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I mean it's not hard to figure out that the 49ers defense is like 100x better than Seattle's, about time all those 1st round D-lineman paid off

GrantCloud and CarpetElf like this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

whitenblue88 and CarpetElf like this.
  4. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

RW's state line is just bonkers. Incredible that he's still completely underrated. Most pundits probably don't even include him in their top 5

CarpetElf likes this.
  5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

State line rankings:

1) California/Oregon line
    2) Montana/Wyoming line
    3) Vermont/NH line
    4) RW’s state line
    5) Oregon/Washington line

Last) Florida/Georgia line

Max_123, SpookinCups, Owlex and 2 others like this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Props for making a joke but also being accurate.

7. Fucking Dustin

Oregon/Washington too low IMO

Other than that good work

whitenblue88 likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Its dope but Cali/Oregon tho

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. Fucking Dustin

Oh yeah it's not better than Cali/Oregon but it's better than #5. Would put it above NH/VT line at minimum

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I swear the Dolphins have to have the stupidest fanbase

there is a contingent that believes that Flores going for 2 at the end of the game yesterday (TO WIN THE GAME) is evidence of tanking lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Imo it’s evidence of wanting to go home. Which I have no choice but to respect

12. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

“Let’s get our of here so I can get home and watch Succession boys”

13. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

How a defense goes from league worst to league best

xbrokendownx likes this.
  14. socklord

Trusted

He was clearly a pick for the future, which is fine I guess, but there were more pressing concerns on the team’s roster than drafting a WR that you hope contributes in the future.

I also don’t necessarily buy the whole “Well, if DeSean were healthy...” argument because we’ve been watching a handful rookie WRs contribute to their teams right away and JJAW, when given the opportunity, has accounted for just two receptions and 14 yards. That he can’t get on the field ahead of Mack Hollins, who missed all of 2018 and has recently come out and stated he prefers playing special teams to offense, is concerning.

Next year is going to be a big year for him w Agholor likely on the outs (at least I pray he will be), but there’s no guarantee he’ll be given a starting job in 11 personnel.

I wouldn’t be against the Eagles throwing another day two pick at the position in 2020, especially because Alshon will be 30 and DJax will be 33 or 34, plus Hollins will be on the last year of his contract.

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

my point was that JJAW cannot do what Desean can do. The Eagles have Alshon and Agholor (for better or worse) for all the short and intermediate stuff, which is the same type of player that JJAW is. If Desean was out there, the Eagles passing attack would look a hell of a lot better thus less complaints about JJAW.

I agree I would want him playing over that pud Mack Hollins too.

socklord likes this.
  16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Mack Hollins doesn't know how to catch a pass without pushing the god damn defender away.

broken22 and socklord like this.
  17. socklord

Trusted

I agree with you. I just would have rather seen the Eagles emphasize more speed and route running prowess in a WR given DJax’s injury history as opposed to drafting a big physical receiver when we already have Alshon. Now, Alshon has his own injury history, so it’s fair to point there as a reason for drafting JJAW, but they’ve got two very capable tight ends in Ertz and Goedert too. It’s just a lot of big physical but slow players with this offense.

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I’m so nervous for tonight

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

As an Eagles fan it def hurts seeing McLaurin kill it with a noodle throwing to him

socklord likes this.
  20. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

has anyone checked on wonderboy Sean McVay? is he ok? first 3-game losing streak of his marvelous, prestigious, unparalleled career. i wonder if they took him out of the HoF yet...

Dinosaurs Dish, socklord and broken22 like this.
  21. JuJu is the best. The guy has only been targeted 38 times this season and most of our passing yards are coming from RBs now. But you can tell he is out there having a blast and super supportive of his teammates.

Max_123, disambigujason and CarpetElf like this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

With four 1st round picks, including three top tens, and a massive free agent signing i would hope so

Max_123 and socklord like this.
  23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

That was exactly my point lol

It's an offense driven league and i'm taking Seattle over SF 100/100 times

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Great point. Niners are still the better team.

25. Steelers should have beat both of them tbh

disambigujason and CarpetElf like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.