Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 456

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Max_123, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

The Chiefs probably looked at what happened with Kareem Hunt (and seemingly every other player who's done something terrible), realized that if they released him another team will just pick him up, and decided to roll the dice on keeping him. Suspending him makes it look like they care more, but it also means that he'll still be playing for them. It's the same thinking the league will probably exercise when it suspends him, but probably only for a portion of the season.

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

This is very, very good.

3. broken22

(:

This is a great read, I feel like this could be some of us.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

This could be said about people who aren't sports fans as well... I think you'll know who I'm referencing hahaha

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  5. broken22

(:

Who ? I'm missing something lol.

6. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I assume political discourse is what he was referencing

broken22 and PeacefulOrca like this.
  7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

You know... like the nick bosas of the world

Owlex and broken22 like this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, yes that one

broken22 likes this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That summary is a billion percent me and idk if I can ever change it, haha sorry bros

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I don’t get upset when most people criticize the Jags cause im used to it

However it does bug me when @CarpetElf is too negative cause he’s supposed to be a fan and WANT us to win hahaha.

I need solidarity in my Jags hopes and sometimes excessive doubtfulness kills my vibe

Dinosaurs Dish and CarpetElf like this.
  11. broken22

(:

I literally thought of you when I read it ha. It's definitely me when it comes to Wentz.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  12. broken22

(:

I get so negative during Eagles games, it gets so bad where my dad tells me to get the fuck out of the room lol.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know if I can explain it eloquently enough but the thing that bothers me is when I review whatever subject with logic in my head that seems fair to all things considered and then other people bring in their (most likely completely valid) logic that I can't see eye-to-eye with and it feels just SO. WRONG.

14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I always go to humor when I encounter people like that, it's the best way to loosen fans up when they get riled up over their team sucking or a bad call in a game. I also try not to laugh when they pound their fists on the table or yell at the tv and become unreasonably mad.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It's funny because while watching games, unless I'm wasted or something, I'm as quiet as a churchmouse whether it's a pick-six by Dak or a 60 yard TD by Dak. I just take it in and start calculating what all needs to happen for us to win. I almost never ever yell or anything.

Randall Mentzos likes this.
  16. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm too used to being negative about my team and am trying to be more positive

Last night didn't help at first but I'm trying

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I have no reason to be negative about the Jags right now.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

You could always just become a pats fan ;-p

You're in New England kind of a lot anyway haha

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Their best receivers are a really shitty guy and someone who has potential but hasn't be good yet either

Also,

Keelan Cole

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I could but idk I don't love em like that

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  21. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I'm definitely a yeller and a stander upper, and in high profile games I pace the room or put my hands on my head when I get anxious. I wear my emotions on the outside haha. I definitely can get a little sulky if the Jags are just not even putting up a good effort. I don't mind losing a competitive game but I definitely get livid if we lose pitifully (usually vs TEN) or lose for some dumb ass reason (like vs PIT & vs BUF last year, back-to-back frustrating losses)

@CarpetElf is a stander upper but he more so will raise his fists and give me a really hard high five rather than yell hahaha. And he'll just sit there and talk shit more and more if the Jags are doing bad hahaha

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

at least it finally seems like the Dolphins have a plan. Before it just seemed like they were flying by the seat of their pants

#TrustTheProcess

Joe4th and PeacefulOrca like this.
  23. broken22

(:

I try my hardest and I can't do that, more times than not it's fuck this, fuck that, mother fucker or calling a player a dumb ass for something stupid. That's me, this season I think I'm going to attempt to smoke some weed during games to chill me out.

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

None of those are Chris Conley or DJ Chark.

Jags should draft DK Metcalf. What are you gonna do when the shortest and slowest guy on the field is 6'3" and runs a 4.35?

Joe4th likes this.
  25. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I forgot they even had Chris Conley lol

CarpetElf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.