Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2019-2020 NFL Predictions Thread Football • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by preppyak, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

2. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's dumb and you should do it

4. Randall Mentzos

DrAlanGrant and socklord like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

well you miss all the shots you dont take so no surprise that randall is 100 percent wrong here

6. Randall Mentzos

It’s okay I’ll just beat you in the playoffs in fantasy ;)

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

You'll have to get there to do that

8. socklord Sep 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 4, 2019)
    socklord

Trusted

2019 Season Predictions.png
    NFL Most Valuable Player: Carson Wentz
    AP Coach of the Year: Freddie Kitchens
    NFL Offensive Player of the Year: Christian McCaffrey
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year: Myles Garrett
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Kyler Murray
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Josh Allen
    Comeback Player of the Year: Earl Thomas

Team Predictions - Some Bold, Some Not:

Buffalo Bills: Despite a 5-11 record, the Bills show promise on defense, finishing in the top 10 overall
    Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins finish with the worst record in the AFC at 2-14 and secure the first overall pick of the 2020 draft
    New England Patriots: Josh Gordon becomes Tom Brady's new go-to deep threat/RZ target and scores 10+ TDs
    New York Jets: Le'Veon Bell struggles behind a poor offensive line and in a mediocre offense, as the team finishes 6-10

Baltimore Ravens: Lamar Jackson develops as a passer and leads the Ravens to their second straight playoff appearance
    Cincinnati Bengals: The Bengals finish 5-11 and secure the 9th overall pick, which may not be high enough to select their QB of the future as five teams in front of them could be looking at QBs too
    Cleveland Browns: Odell Beckham enjoys the best statistical season of his career as he has an actually competent QB throwing the ball to him now
    Pittsburgh Steelers: JuJu Smith-Schuster is unable to replace Antonio Brown and struggles against top corners as the Steelers WR1

Houston Texans: Will Fuller has a moderately healthy season and manages to finish with 1000+ yards
    Indianapolis Colts: The Colts plummet back to the bottom of the AFC South as they finish 4-12 after Andrew Luck's retirement
    Jacksonville Jaguars: Nick Foles helps bring stability to the offense while Leonard Fournette bounces back in a big way
    Tennessee Titans: Derrick Henry fails to capitalize on his hot finish to the 2018 season and Ryan Tannehill is named the starting QB down the stretch of the season

Denver Broncos: Vic Fangio revitalizes the defense while Royce Freeman leads the team in rushing
    Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes regress towards the mean a bit, but he still leads the NFL in passing TDs
    Los Angeles Chargers: Hunter Henry's healthy return proves to be a huge boon to the offense and he makes a name for himself as one of the best up-and-coming TEs
    Oakland Raiders: Antonio Brown sees his overall numbers decline with a downgrade at QB in Derek Carr

Dallas Cowboys: Byron Jones picks up where he left off in 2018 and makes a name for himself as one of the stingier corners for WRs to face off against in the league
    New York Giants: Saquon Barkley struggles as the centerpiece of the offense without a WR like Odell Beckham taking pressure off of him as the Giants finish 3-13
    Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz stays healthy, wins the MVP award, helps lead the Eagles to a super bowl victory, and people in this thread are upset at this prediction because I'm also an Eagles fan
    Washington: Washington finishes as the worst team in the NFC at 2-14, securing the 2nd overall pick in the 2020 draft

Chicago Bears: The Bears defense takes a step back after losing DC Vic Fangio and is unable to help mask Mitchell Trubisky's poor QB play
    Detroit Lions: The Lions disappoint, finishing 6-10, and Matt Patricia is fired as a result
    Green Bay Packers: Davante Adams cements himself as a top WR in the league and leads the league in TDs
    Minnesota Vikings: The Vikings disappoint, finishing 8-8, and Mike Zimmer is fired as a result

Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons disappoint, finishing 7-9, and Dan Quinn is fired as a result
    Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton and Panthers bounce back into the playoffs thanks to CMC going 1000/1000 and the WR duo of Moore/Samuel breaking out and making a name for themselves in the league
    New Orleans Saints: Michael Thomas proves he was worth the contract he was signed to by leading the league in catches once again
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bruce Arians is unable to fix the offense's woes, but Mike Evans leads the league in receiving yards

Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury are an electric duo and the Cardinals finish 2nd in the division at 8-8
    Los Angeles Rams: Todd Gurley struggles to remain healthy and speculation/rumors begin to swirl about whether they should move on from him somehow in the offseason
    San Francisco 49ers: Jimmy G doesn't bring the Niners a winning record, as they finish 7-9, but he proves he's worth building the team around heading into 2020
    Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks finish last in the division at 6-10 and fire OC Brian Schottenheimer as a result, as they realize that establishing the run does not equate to establishing wins

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. socklord

Trusted

That took way longer than I wanted it to, but that was fun

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Comeback Player of the Year: Le'Veon Bell

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

NFL Most Valuable Player: Andrew Luck
    AP Coach of the Year: Bill O’Brien
    NFL Offensive Player of the Year: Melvin Gordon
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year: Leighton Vander Esch
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Tytus Howard
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Daniel Jones
    Comeback Player of the Year: Andrew Luck

12. Night Channels

Trusted

Kyler Murray will stink

Josh Rosen will continue to stink

Denver will be a surprise team in the AFC due to a strong defense led by Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

Adam Gase vs. Gregg Williams will happen by mid-season

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

But actually...

My hot takes:

- Oakland gives Arizona and Miami a run for their money as worst team in the NFL
    - Cincinnati is actually pretty ok
    - this still isn’t the year the 49ers break out
    - the Bills finish .500 or better
    - the Texans finish .500 or worse

My regular season interesting tidbits:

- I had all the AFC South teams finishing 8-8
    - Atlanta narrowly misses the playoffs at 10-6

Attached Files:

14. socklord

Trusted

Another Rams/Pats super bowl? Please not again

15. Randall Mentzos

Ok if people believe this about goddamn Denver but not about Jacksonville after drafting Jawaan / Josh Allen, getting our talented RB and LT back, AND upgrading at QB there’s something wrong lol

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Bradley Chubb finished with 12 sacks last year, how much more of a leap is he going to take?

17. socklord

Trusted

Damn, I forgot he had that many.

THIRTEEN

CarpetElf likes this.
  18. socklord

Trusted

Updated my Broncos prediction

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

AP Coach of the Year: Freddie Kitchens
    NFL Offensive Player of the Year: Alvin Kamara
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year: Bobby Wagner
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Josh Allen
    Comeback Player of the Year: Earl Thomas

upload_2019-9-4_11-34-27.png \
    Full predictions

20. Juju won't struggle bad hot take sockman

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

NFL Most Valuable Player: Tom Brady
    AP Coach of the Year: Mike Tomlin? I really don't fuckin know
    NFL Offensive Player of the Year: Christian McCaffrey
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year: JJ Watt
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Josh Jacobs
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Ed Oliver
    Comeback Player of the Year: Cam Newton

I lost my link that I did but here's my playoff seeds and SB winner:

AFC
    1. Patriots
    2. Chiefs
    3. Steelers
    4. Texans
    5. Ravens
    6. Raiders (HOT TAKE)

NFC
    1. Cowboys
    2. Panthers
    3. Rams
    4. Bears
    5. Saints
    6. Falcons

NFC Championship: Cowboys over Panthers
    AFC Championship: Patriots over Steelers
    Super Bowl: Patriots over Cowboys

Swoos likes this.
  22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Had Jags making the playoffs before Texans got Tunsil and that shifted my AFCS drastically, still not convinced they don't make it though

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I would very much like it if the Texans missed the playoffs please and thank you

Night Channels and whitenblue88 like this.
  24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

These two were basically the guiding principle of a decent chunk of my picks.

But this is a :fire:take

CarpetElf and Fucking Dustin like this.
  25. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

FC55F8BF-474E-4BCF-896F-AA9BE368F4F7.png
    AP Coach of the Year: idk
    NFL Offensive Player of the Year: Alvin Kamara
    NFL Defensive Player of the Year: Myles Garrett
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Devin Bush
    Comeback Player of the Year: Josh Allen lmao

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.