Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 77

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I have arrived for AU vs UGA week to hate some dawgs, guess you're it.

uuu and shea like this.
  2. Night Channels

Trusted

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Easily. Dude was incredible. I’m so sad his life and career turned out the way it did. He was a legend at MSU.

bigmike likes this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I legit thought the Lions drafted their own Randy Moss when they got Charles Rogers.

When I was in high school we had a kid named Kelly Baraka who was our star running back (a school with very little/no football credibility; we hadn't beat our crosstown rivals in like 20 years by the time I hit 8th grade and Baraka was a Junior in high school) and he ended up committing to Michigan but as a senior was named the No. 3 prospect in the country. As a senior, he beat Charles Rogers in the 100 meter dash running a 10.56 to Rogers' 10.59.

I'll always wonder what could've been between the two in college. Baraka got busted twice with weed before he even made it to U of M's campus and that fall Mike Hart won the RB job. Meanwhile, Charles Rogers put up two of the greatest seasons in MSU history. What an absolute beat of a player. Size, speed, route running, the dude had everything. RIP what a tragic story.

T.J., uuu and Joe4th like this.
  5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Idk how Alabama stays out of the playoffs but I'm certain Auburn beating Georgia will help so War Eagle

6. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Part of me wonders if Auburn beats UGA but loses to Bama it will give Bama enough of a "signature win" to get in.

Also this is a good time to bring up that Bama has never beat a 9 win or better Auburn team.

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Alabama is in the playoffs if they win out. That's just what's going to happen. Only situation where it won't is if Georgia beats Auburn and LSU and the CFP (rightfully) puts LSU at 4 over Alabama.

uuu likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

LSU
    Minnesota
    Utah
    Baylor

is my ideal top four. Fuck Baylor to infinity and beyond but if there's one team I want to play in the semi-finals, it's that weak ass squad.

Alabama vs. Oklahoma bowl game HAS to happen, right?

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Baylor beat Kansas state, who beat Oklahoma

10. dorfmac

Trusted

Bama wins out, Georgia SEC champs, LSU 1 loss, OSU loses, MN loses, Baylor loses, Clemson wins out.

3 SEC team playoff!

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay fine I’m on the gophers hype train

If they win out, definitely should be considered for the playoff

bigmike and CarpetElf like this.
  12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

If they win out just give them the natty because PJ Fleck is the greatest coach in the history of athletics.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. DooDooBird

Trusted

That would be bad news for you and the rest of the Bama haters. Auburn beating Georgia would help Alabama significantly. It makes Auburn look like a better team on Bama's schedule. And I can't see a two-loss Georgia team getting in even if they beat LSU in the SEC title game.

Worst case scenario for Bama would be undefeated LSU losing to 1 loss UGA. Both those teams would get in and no room left for Bama.

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Nah, if Georgia beats LSU at 5, then they get in over LSU. Georgia has to lose this one, then beat LSU, drop LSU to #4, keep Bama out.

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. DooDooBird

Trusted

Dude, Georgia won't be close to #5 if they lose against Auburn though. They'll slide down too far to the point where them beating LSU wouldn't matter.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah, so that's GOOD. If they win and are at 4 or 5 and beat LSU then they knock LSU out. But if Georgia loses to Auburn and then beats LSU, LSU falls from 1 to 4 and Georgia is too far down to jump them.

17. DooDooBird

Trusted

Yes, Georgia won't be in the equation given this scenario. That just means Bama will be. I feel like Bama's biggest roadblock will be Georgia if they keep winning. I assume LSU will be #1 at the time of the SEC title game and if they lose to UGA, they may only drop to #3 and Bama could end up being #4.

With all that said, I think Bama loses to Auburn because our defense is fucking horrendous and Gus's trick plays and reverses will make all of our linebackers heads spin and it will be up to Trevon Diggs to tackle the ball carrier. Also, Tua will die because Auburn's defense is scary good.

So, this is probably just moot point discussion.

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah, basically we need Auburn to step it up. Glad we all agree.

PeacefulOrca and GrantCloud like this.
  19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

debating CFP rankings with a few weeks left is such a waste. I think everything is set up quite obviously. To me, the question, like it is almost every year...does the CFP have the guts to take 1 loss Oregon/Utah/Oklahoma over 1 loss Alabama.

everything else is just...obvious. Oh and if Georgia beats LSU in SEC champ game, then they're both making it.

I actually think Alabama's in trouble. (finally)

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. dallasc

Trusted

12-1 conference champ Oregon would be the first team in the history of college football to go 10-0 in conference play, they get in over Bama or else this process is a sham. A SHAM!!!

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Agreed but only cause I dont fear Oregon

GrantCloud and DooDooBird like this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

ANYONE but Bama or OSU in the 1st round

23. DooDooBird Nov 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 14, 2019)
    DooDooBird

Trusted

I mean, is 10-0 with an additional shitty team really THAT much more impressive than just going 9-0 or whatever? Like... congrats on beating Washington State, who is 1-5 in the conference. Woo!

Would be like an SEC team saying “look here. We scheduled Vandy and now we’re 10-0 instead of 9-0.”

There’s just so many non Power 5 schools that would be better opponents than a lot of the garbage you face within the conference.

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. DooDooBird

Trusted

Committee will love Fields vs UGA in round 1. Then Burrow vs Ohio State for all the marbles.

FTank and CarpetElf like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Burreaux beating Tom Herman, Alabama, and OSU in one season would be incredible. If he beats Bama twice then it would be the single greatest storyline in LSU history. It might already be.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.