Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2020-2021 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CarpetElf, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. T.J.

music and baseball.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

3. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

T.J. likes this.
  4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

6th, 17th, and 24th. Alright bb let's do this

5. T.J.

music and baseball.

The hype of Scott Frost is unreal. 4-8 to ranked... smh

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

YOU DID THIS YOU FUCKING NERD

T.J. likes this.
  7. T.J.

music and baseball.

Hahahahaha I laughed

CarpetElf likes this.
  8. dallasc

Trusted

Present!

So obviously we're expecting a monster year out of Herbert, should be in the running for Heisman unless something goes terribly wrong. I would say aside from him our biggest strength is O-Line, we're returning a unit with more combined starts than any other line in the nation by a significant margin (four 5th year seniors and Penei Sewell), we're huge and experienced up front. Running game should be pretty strong, CJ Verdell was a thousand yard rusher as a true freshman and there's a lot of talent coming in behind him. I'd say our biggest question mark by far is the receiving corps, losing Dillon Mitchell was a big blow but I'm excited to see true frosh Mycah Pittman and that Penn State transfer Juwan Johnson who's the kind of big physical target we don't normally get. And if Jaylon Redd can work out some of the issues he had with drops last year it could turn in to a solid unit.

Defensively I think things hinge on the growth of our secondary. Thomas Graham and Deommodore Lenoir are super talented dudes that came in and played as freshman and had a pretty rough go at the cornerback spots but were much improved last season and hopefully can take another leap as juniors. Jevon Holland and Brady Breeze are solid if unspectacular safeties, but I would say our strength on D is the front 7. Troy Dye is a monster ILB and we'll have La'Mar Winston and #1 overall recruit Kayvon Thibodeaux alternate at OLB/DE which is gonna be exciting to watch.

Overall a really talented team that should have playoff hopes if some things go our way.
    Very stoked to head to Texas next week and watch this game

Micah511 likes this.
  9. dallasc

Trusted

also: love these

10. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

WVU on upset alert playing JMU week one. Looking forward to attending my first NDSU game when they play Delaware 09/14. I'm driving up for the game.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

12. shea

RIP Supporter

Those Nebraska alternates are pretty awesome.

Not so sure about these gray Georgia Tech ones despite the reasoning for them..look too much like the blue alts.

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Next week y'all

CarpetElf likes this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Micah511

Auburn’s had their fair share of receiver injuries too, so we might see a good bit of sloppy receiver play in that one.

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The malzahn special

Micah511 likes this.
  17. Micah511

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

20 yards over a receivers head to the fs, coming right up lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. dallasc

Trusted

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Who really knows.

21. Micah511

I like it.

22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Excited for football this weekend. It may be a meh double header of Flordia-Miami and Arizona-Hawaii, but its football at least. It'll probably be underwhelming but who cares.

23. dallasc

Trusted

Very down to face a true frosh in his first game at a neutral(ish) site, could see our secondary making some big plays

Micah511 likes this.
  24. Micah511

Either QB was going to be getting their first real taste of CFB. This QB led his high school team to back to back championships, and has been a starter since the 9th grade. Similar system to Gus’. His dad was a QB at Auburn in the 90s, and has coached Bo through high school.

He’s been training to be Auburn’s starting QB since he was born, but he’ll inevitably make freshman mistakes.

25. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Johnson might not play either, apparently

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.